1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Lie I've Lived by jbern - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by jbern, Feb 9, 2007.

1. pontfirebird73

pontfirebird73 Third Year

looks good so far. When do you expect this chapter to be finished?

2. liansk

liansk Second Year

Wow, a tease like that is downright evil!

3. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Am I alone in thinking that Krum is the best written character in the story? He's easy to hate, whilst being completely original and a character that most choose to like based on canon. He's much more of a tool than Draco could ever be.

I am eagerly anticipating the rest of this chapter.

4. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Foul lies! There has never been a bigger tool than Draco in the history of tooldom.

Nice teaser Jbern, but not nearly long enough.

5. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Truth.

Krum is very well written though; every other famous wizarding person (except HP, who wasn't raised as a wizard) has a bit of bravado/swagger - yet canon Krum was a duck-footed puss? Jbern's Krum is much more of what I'd expect from a world-famous quidditch player attending a dark arts academy.

@Jbern: Moar please.:D

6. mathiasgranger

mathiasgranger Slug Club Member

I don't know who got the worse end of the bargain...him because he has a dentist's appointment...or us because we got such a little taste of the duels. That's like throwing a dying man in the desert a water bottle with one sip left. :p

~Matt

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  7. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

I think Imma go cry now...........Thanks for the teaser and I hate you for the teaser. Injustice!

8. Garret P.I.

Garret P.I. Backtraced

Nice installment, Jim.

Very well written, and when you wrote Gab, she actually acted and sounded like a child the way she should.

Nice little touches everywhere.

Personally, I'm hoping that Harry goes into his duel and doesn't just dominate Fluer, but forces her to her absolute limits. Let's her show her full repetoir... And then just slaps her down.
    The psychological impact of him one shotting Fleur after she's shown herself competent would scare the crap out of everyone that is underestimating him.

It'd be like being in an open Karate competition... and underestimating the little asian guy who showed up... Only to see him step into the ring and reveal that he's actually Bruce freaking Lee himself at his prime... and that you're next on his asskicking list. The sheer intimidation factor along would cause his opponents to possibly make key mistakes or fight too defensively.

9. Joschneide

Joschneide Groundskeeper

HJ should go into the duel with Fleur dominating her with only 1st year and/or cleaning spells. THAT would be win.

Great teaser, write more quicker plx.

As far as your original book goes, the way you characterize, I'd likely purchase your book. If only to support fanfiction authors (especially DLP HP authors) expanding their horizons I'd purchase it but at least I enjoy your writing enough to want to purchase it.

10. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

No! Using child spells to defeat her would just further punctuate that he's still a leetle 4th year who doesn't know any better and just got lucky.

11. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Harry is going to use abilities you would expect from a 4th year student, and when she thinks she has him well in hand, he does a series of quick, well thought out maneuvers to get her down. That way, he conceals his talent from Krum and Manos.

When he fights Krum he uses his most powerful, fully-strengthed spells and anything that you would expect from a 7th year with a talent for dueling. Harry wins by a cunning move just in the bounds of the rules, proving to be a turning point, and then over-powering Krum; Harry, however significantly happy with this also realizes that he has made a strong enemy in Krum.

Finally, (I'm skipping Diggory (who Harry goes easy on) and the other chick who hopelessly lost) Harry meets Manos in the finale, and the best duel of the tournament happens and through a beautifully executed move, Manos beats Harry. But he's won his well-deserved amount of respect, and he's high in the points going into the next task.

At least, that's what I think is going to happen.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2008
  12. Aerin

Aerin Seventh Year

Damn you Jbern!

That teaser was not enough!

And ending just before Fleur? You utter bastard! :D

Other than that, a beautiful work of fiction and we await more. /subtle hint

Regards
    Aerin

13. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

Extremely well done.

If Hat isn't one of the finest original personalities created by HP fan-fiction, then i don't know what is.

14. Joschneide

Joschneide Groundskeeper

The light, Averis, you see it!

He should use embarrassingly easy to beat spells to defeat Fleur because he still wants to:
    A) Embarrass the hell out of her
    B) Have surprises ready for the next duels
    C) Allow Krum to further underestimate him

As an aside it would further embarrass Fleur if she had to wear a maid's uniform AFTER losing a duel to HJ in which he beat her with cleaning spells, or a variety of similar value.

15. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

I *WANT* that hat lol I think I would like to go with Joschneide on the dueling issue so he can skull fuck Krum.

16. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Odds are it'll be done by the weekend. Maybe sooner, but no promises. It's at the 8000 word mark right now.

Thanks for the ideas, I think you'll be pleased where things are headed.

Jim

17. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

Averis' plan seems the most logical. Yeah, HJ wants to embarrass Fleur while remaining underestimated...but cleaning spells? Looks like someone (*coughJoschneidecough*) is going to make someone a wonderful wife someday. All that obsessive emphasis on cleaning is a bit much.

Either way, the teaser was just enough to keep me interested, and just enough to piss me off. For fuck's sake, I want more.

And yeah, dentists blow. Hard.

18. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

If anyone is curious, I had the "deep scaling" done on my right side at the dentist. My gums are raw and my jaw aches like nobody's business.

19. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

Yes, well that's what you get for teasing us like that :p, but I do sympathize with you, when it comes to hurting after dentist appointments.

My suggestion for you, is try to write moar. I hear writing makes pain go away. Happy readers also make pain go away. ;)

20. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Didn't you say that you were at 6000 this morning? If so, thats the way to make progress.

Really great teaser for the next chapter. As for the original work, I look forward to getting a chance to see what you can do outside of HP.

Edit: 100th post :D