1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Lie I've Lived by jbern - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by jbern, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Leetle boy with the mind of a man twice HER age.

Nice chapter its definitely improved alot since the beginning still no Bungle but getting closer slowly but surely. He didnt kick ass nonstop in the fight and actually got hurt which is realistic considering that he is still not that great. You have redone the Triwizard, Not quite sure how that will work but it will be interesting I think.

And then there is Lord Baron William Potter. I loved it.

4/5

2. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Dug the new chapter. Well done, sir.

Hat's funny. Wish there more of it...

I like this story (not just because I'm a beta.)

I give it a 4.7/5

3. Nadino

Nadino Third Year

I wasn't really thinking about reading this story, that thing about Harry and James wasn't really for me.. But then I started reading it, and I'm enjoying it immensely haha
    Another great job by you, man. Keep up the excellent work!

4. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

Lord Baron William Potter! LOL
    Never saw that coming.
    Dude, without the sorting hat this story wouldn’t be half as much fun.
    Can’t wait to see how Harry approaches the Lord Baron!
    Update soon.

5. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

I still say that Hat needs a Tommy Gun.

6. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

Just read it, enjoyed it thouroughly....

when can we, the readers, expect an update

cheers

madeyemoody

7. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

The Lord Baron bit was awesome. I don't think I have ever seen a story where any of the ghosts, excluding Myrtle and Peeves, get any time to shine. This sorting hat is the spawn of satan, very nice!

Good job jbern, you continue to satisfy my needs.......for reading you sicko's.

8. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Hey Jbern any clue when we might can expect an update. Or are you gonna finish TFtCD before you try to start really working on TML?

9. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Chapter 7 is up.

For your reading enjoyment here is chapter 7. I hope you like my little rant on time travel fics. HJ quickly learns that being a 4th year isn't very fun.

At least now he's going to be busy.

Jim

10. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

Reading this chapter reminds me why exactly this story is one of my favorites. The fun and games are over and we see the downside of being a 20 something year old stuck in a teenager's body. HJ is done very well in this chapter.He finds out the cost of being a hero is he is damned if he does good or damned if he doesn't. I look forward to the next chapter hopefully this update won't take as long as the last one did.

11. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

" Shutup Hermoine"(not exact but close enough)

I loved it. I wanna see Harry versus Weasley twins although I think Harry would probably be better friends with them than Ron and Hermy anyday especially in this fic. Fred and George have to be absolutely brillant in canon or outside of canon. How can they not be.

Ready to see some Harry/Fleur

12. Duke

Duke DA Member

What's up with the tournament? I re-read the chapter before this one ('cause i forgot what was happening, update more! - though news of the bungle sequel has me excited - just a week to go! I just hope the first chapter isn't just the sneak peak you posted here) and it sounded like you were doing team competitions for the tournament and now its back to champions - what's the deal? Did I misread and am imagining things?

13. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

It'll be explained in chapter 8. There is a team competition in addition to the individual competition.

Jim

14. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

Fuck Jbern. I can't wait another friggin month for the next chapter of this. :(

15. telmah

telmah Guest

Great chapter as usual. Jbern you have a knack for taking a concept I would have no interest in reading and making it one of my favorite stories. Between Bungle and Lie you have established a rep for impossibly likable stories.

Now, this chapter, I'm puzzled by Jarry's (or is it Hame's) disregard for anyone's opinion of him, and seeming inability to talk his way out of trouble. I got the impression from canon that James had a silver tongue, and that nobody (except Lily and Snape) could stay mad at him. The attitude towards everyone in this chapter was more like what your Bungle Harry would display.

I realize that you are probably trying to slay the "Harry finds an ally in those rascally twins" cliche, but cliche-phobia can be a double edged sword, it can create great plot bunnies and fic ideas, and it can derail good fics.

Now comes the part where you respond in a devastatingly logical fashion, and I go " 'DOH "and look back at this critique critically, castigating myself for missing such an obvious explanation. At least I get to use "castigating" in an actual sentence.

Thank you for sharing your time and obvious talent with us.

-Telmah

16. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

Good Chapter. I you keep Harry isolated from the the other students, will you use the hat and Dobby more, or introduce other characters. I like the Krum understudy idea. Some older student from dumstrang (insert teenage stereotype if needed) that harry can talk to etc.

17. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

Nice chapter, though I do wonder, if there has ever been a fic where the neutral people in Hogwarts are mentioned, I get that they wouldn't be seen much but it always seems as if Harry's at the center of everything, socially, academically, and uh war-ily(can't think of a word for this).

18. rj_stone2

rj_stone2 Seventh Year

Quick question--is HJ now ambidextrous, or left-handed? I thought the left-handed thing was a great way to power Harry up a bit, I'm just curious about how he worked out the mechanics.

I also like how the story arc is playing out, I like seeing Harry drift away from his friends without getting all pissy about it.

19. Mr. Merriman

Mr. Merriman Groundskeeper

Hmn. Just started reading the fic again after a break and realized that while I sort of sympathize with Harry, he's coming off as an unlikable ass with a few redeeming qualities. I'm sort of half looking forward to the rest of the story and half apathetic about what happens to Harry.

20. Kardikek

Kardikek Groundskeeper

If you mean his escapades with the girls then mind you he's 20 something and was married to a supposed hottie. Don't think he's much into either Katie or Ginny as it stands. Sure he could have let them off easily but then again he is 20 something.