1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Lie I've Lived by jbern - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by jbern, Feb 9, 2007.

1. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

The past few chapters have had references to making an Aging Potion. Is Harry going to be stuck in his pubescent body or is he going to take the time to make a few?

Would it be against the rules to take an aging potion? Harry couldn't take a numbing potion for his hand during the broom race, so I doubt he could use it for the challenges. If he can't use it for the challenges, then it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle.

2. loWall

loWall Second Year

I say that she finds out in the midst of a dangerous situation with HJ, then HJ has to dodge both danger and avian Veela..... =)
    By the way, with the "obstacle" course incorporated in the 2nd task, will we see a brand new last task?

It was a great chapter, but the time skip of 1 month somewhat a surprise... does that mean the potion has failed, or the potion takes a long time?

Hoping for a HJ/Fleur date the next chapter...

3. Lawyer in Exile

Lawyer in Exile Second Year

Not a bad chapter Jim, but it ended very abruptly. I guess, that's why I don't read too many WIP stories.

A bit more HJ/Fleur banter would be welcome, either in the form of a date, or rather a bit more teasing. TC.

4. Saldric

Saldric First Year

Brilliant chapter jBern. though the change from elixir to task between chapters was a bit...abrupt. I'm guessing it was intended though, cant wait to see the results of it.

5. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

You guys seriously thought he would just tell us if it worked or not? When has Jim ever just handed out stuff we want to know like that?

6. MonCappy

MonCappy Fifth Year

I think he implied or mentioned (not sure which) in an earlier post in this thread that we won't find out until the sequel. My recollection could be faulty so take my comment with a vat of salt.

7. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

Maybe it would lead to another person hovering about Harry's life, so jbern is keeping him/her in stasis?

8. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

To answer some questions. I'm 6000 words into Lie 20. You should see it sooner rather than later. I will reveal which Longbottom got the elixir next chapter.

For those of you interested, Horror, Humor, and Heroes is released on Createspace. The Amazon link will pop up in 1-15 days when they get around to it. I will certainly post it as soon as it becomes available.

If you want it now, here's the link. The image thumbnail isn't up yet. (Another one of those, when they get around to it things.)

https://www.createspace.com/3370531

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  9. Gravity

Gravity First Year

Fantastic chapter as per usual.

Looking forward to finding out if the elixir worked.

Kepp it up.

10. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Meh personally I am not too interested about the elixer...now Fleur on the other hand.

Wait is the 2nd Duel after this task?

11. Imperius

Imperius First Year

Well, This is regarding Horror, Humor, and Heroes... but I wasn't sure where to ask this question. I tried buying that book and the shipping charges are 4 times the cost of the books i.e. 40$ and I am getting it on Mar 12th.

Is there anyway by which I can pay to download this book? Please suggest!

12. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Wow, where are you trying to ship it to? You might want to wait until the Amazon link becomes active. As for e-book download, I'll be setting it up probably in 6 weeks to give everyone who wants the book a chance to get it first.

Try waiting for Amazon. They usually have free domestic shipping on orders of $25 or more especially if it's going to cost that much.

13. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Just caught up on this story -- going to rate it 3.5/5. Will round up to 4 for the thread rating.

Harry just doesn't feel much like Harry in this one, though I suppose he's not meant to as he's as much James as he is Harry. That said he's an engaging enough character, so it's not a big deal. The hat is fun, but sometimes feels overdone. I like the storyline with Fleur, and I really like what is done with making the Triwizard Tournament a bit more of a competition. Best Oliver I've read in a while.

It's a fun read, but not something that comes to mind when people ask me what my favorites are.

14. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

You going to have the last round of duels soon? Cause I'm really looking forward to HJ smoking the competition.

10 minutes against Lupin, who we can consider one of the more talented wizards of his generation (though no where near Voldemort, Dumbledore, and eventually HJ range) right after he beats Sirius, who is right up there in the same level as Remus and James, is pretty damn impressive. Just can't wait for him to have Krum do a walk of shame. It's definately something HJ (though mostly the James side) would do to Krum after belittling him and the rest of the competitors so much throughout the competition.

Two questions are that HJ really got a clean win in this last challenge right? and what are the scores for the duels?

15. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Nowhere Important.

Naturally. :awesome

16. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

Horror, Humor, and Heroes

Amazon link is up, although it may go up and down several times during the first two weeks (so I'm told).

As for Lie 20, the first draft is finished and I'm going back through on rewrites. Expect it by the middle of next week or the following weekend at the latest.

17. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Can't wait for the next chapter, I really enjoyed this one. I can't really decide between TML and Lie, they're both so very good. Horror, Humor, and Heroes is only $10, I'll probably pick it up.

Lookin' forward to the next update!

18. masteraleph

masteraleph First Year

Well, you've sold at least one, since I just bought a copy.

And as with others, avidly waiting for the next TLIL chapter.

19. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    I've a soft spot in my heart for his "Zombie Runs for Congress" story, but that could be the peyote speaking...

20. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I don't suppose you'll put H,H, and H on Kindle? It'd make my life a lot easier.

Good news about Lie 20. Can't wait.