1. Another story competition is beginning! (Q1 2018)

"You're bleeding on my floor."

We've moved to a quarterly format, so you really have no excuse not to participate this time.

So check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum and get cracking.

Dismiss Notice

WIP The Mind Arts by Wu Gang - T

Discussion in 'Review Board' started by Haze, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Scott

Scott Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Does anyone else think the Dementor-type power shit is just lame? It won't put me off the story and I can get that the author wanted Harry to come up with some cool new spell or power but I think it's horrible.

I liked that the Dementors effected him so much and shown that he has weaknesses but then he gets over it, which is fine but then Dementorpower!Harry... no.

2. Lynnx

Lynnx First Year

It's pretty damn edgy. "I am a dementor..." /hairflip

Anyway. I guess I get where he was going with the emotion draining comparison, but being able to feel emotions and being able to copy the Dementors' one damn trick might be stretching it.

To be honest I'm mostly just upset the whole conquering his fear of dementors thing wasn't more satisfying. He kind of just up and did it one day. Maybe I'd feel better about him stealing their power if it felt like he earned it.

I now realize I'm basically echoing Genghiz Khan's sentiment about the lack of satisfaction in Harry's accomplishments. Harry studies some stuff, Harry mimics godlike power, Harry writes a paper about it...

That said, I am looking forward to the next chapter. I think(hope) the author is hitting his stride.