1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Minister by Android Knight 47 - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by CosmosGravitation, Jul 2, 2007.

1. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

It's still a good story. Much better than your Star Wars crossover. Shows you're getting better as a writer.

Good luck continuing this.

Jim

2. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

I've written four stories, not two.

3. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

I know. I haven't read the other two. I can only comment on what I've seen. I'll give them a try sometime and let you know what I think, but this one is good. I'll be particularly interested to see how you transition from politics to action when Voldemort does return.

Jim

4. japanese_jew

japanese_jew High Inquisitor

Very decent, although I'm still holding out for an update to your SW fic. Excluding Dynasty, definitely my favorite (although I've read a total of something seven Star Wars stories, so, eh. Regardless, it's great.)

5. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

It is good. Interested to see where you go with this bio.

6. BioPlague

Updated. Not particularly fond of it. Been told I've been too descriptive as well. Oh well. I've added some things and tweaked what's there and split the chapter and loaded most of the interesting events into Chapter III.

Chapter II

7. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Very good chapter on portraying Potter's Slytherin personality there. I really liked it.

Richard.

8. BioPlague

There'll be a lot more in Chapter III concerning his personality and what will be his struggle in the story. I'm afraid his own magic won't come into play - rather it shall be alluded to - until Voldemort steps into the picture.

9. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

I like it and I don't mind the descriptions. I like being able to visualize scenes, people, and places.

10. Vegemeister

Vegemeister Seventh Year

My Hitler senses are tingling.

11. 007_rock

007_rock DA Member

Political Harry is one of the plots which can go horribly wrong or boring if not careful. Also I am not much of a fan of post-Hogwarts type stories, but this one shows some promise. It does get boring sometimes with shit-loads of description, but Harry's Slytherin side and the fact that he completely tossed out Dumbles is a plus. Second chapter was unnecessarily stretched out with useless facts, but I wait for more.

3/5

12. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

And when a political story that isn't horribly bad or boring pops up in the For Review subforum, it is inevitably held to high standards, giving the author nervous problems and causing long delays during which they constantly improve the chapter before they feel confident in posting it.

Just joking of course. I liked the second chapter. The only fic where I felt that over-descriptiveness even began to resemble a problem was The Refiner's Fire.

13. BioPlague

Mm, that was largely my problem, actually.

I did rewrite it quite a few times but thats due to the fact that predominant dialogue and politics requires a different approach. I can see all the feints, fights and showdowns of magic in the distance but for now, I have to get most of the AU out of the way.

14. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

I don't mind the description's one bit, the characterization's of Mulciber, Fudge, and Cedric are very interesting. It's not very often we see Cedric as one of Harry's best friends.

15. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Reads a bit strange. I think "That the mirror remarked..." would be smoother.

Very telling statement.

Felt the Fenrir Greyback death was rushed and rather... awkwardly done. But it's okay I guess, since you just wanted to get him out of your system.

The writing style approaches regal, which is a very interesting way to do this. I think that you should extrapolate a bit on Fudge's char. because unlike the others, he seems very 2-D at the moment.

5/5 and if this continues, unlikely to go lower.

16. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Had a high rating so I decided to read this. Good story.

It feels like the protagonist is very undefined as the story is jumping around a lot. Normally jumping around works well in books or movies, but like this its a lot tougher simply because fanfic (like TV episodes or a comic book issues) are episodic.

Makes it a lot tougher to gain context.

That's all I can legitimately say at the moment as Bio hasn't really kicked off the story yet (only set up what I assume is the Inciting Event with Fenrir).

Excited to see him continue as the story has promise, but that's it at the moment. So...

Otherwise good stuff....Not enough really here for a proper review though.

4.6/5