1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'm asking for specifics because I've read her short iso and have seen nothing of what you're claiming to see.

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Ok read newcomb's narrowing down post.
    It's... not bad.

Fwiw I would happily lynch cuth, Jan, gh, proph.
    And there's some nulls that I would totally vote for when I saunter into the thread sometime after 3 pm tomorrow.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @fontisian
    I have not read dya's iso. I'm working off impressions.
    That whole list of people you gave that are floating, you aren't wrong they are.
    My memory of dya is more positive. Ditto sr and wei. :shrug:
    --- Post automerged ---
    113 too. Forgot him.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

So read the iso. It'll take ten minutes tops.

4. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Alright so I alluded to this but my day off tomorrow turned into working in Monterey (144 miles from my house) from 8-3 tomorrow. So I need to be up in 5 hours and I'm already sleep deprived and I should have said no but they threw so much money at me that I couldn't.
    So I'm gonna real-time until I pass out, and then show up again briefly when I get off, then drive home and make an eod cameo of some kind. It will be great.

5. .113

.113 Squib

If you sort by post count, good wolves will always win.

Post count is alignment indicative for some people, but not everyone.

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    So no, I don't want to read dya's iso.
    If you want to tell me why she's scummy, I will read it and maybe even agree.
    Otherwise, town can float too, etc

7. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Meh about SS's overall content, but has consistent overarching themes and i like his walls, they make sense within themselves and the contextual framework of where/when they're posted. Mild village read.

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Oh here's a little on proph:

Not finding specific posts to back this up obviously.

I think he's been fear mongering. Lots of "sure, but" responses to townreads.
    If he's been posting while I was gone I bet he mentioned how good a wolf I am.
    Or maybe he said it about Zack or gh or fonti or some shit.
    The antispew impression I got from him is probably more accurately described as avoiding leaving a trail.
    When he's made big posts, my thoughts keep going to "look at scum proph, gamely trying his best"
    No idea how much of that is confirmation bias since I already thought he was scummy and probably need to reread him. Maybe even reread that disaster of a game on mtgs when I mislynched the shit out of him day 1 with a big ass meta case on the way to some lurkerscumteam getting a perfect victory on us.
    But that's what's up.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I actually feel more strongly about cuth being scum.
    But they are both people I always seem to scumread.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Miner I think I've decided I'm OK with. Not exactly townreading but I do take want him dead.

9. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Apologies for not finishing my catchup + being perpetually stuck in catchup hell. I'm loving the activity in this game, but it means that when I /do/ enter the thread my priorities are either finishing up the 600+ posts I've missed or real time interacting with people which doesn't leave a lot of time to think about the game on a more micro level.

I'll do my best to be around and provide readlists, ISO people, etc, tomorrow.

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Newcomb is townreading me now so I guess I can just say this:
    I'm basically playing this game the way he's always wanted me to. And I think if he was a wolf he probably would have given me a way too easy townread for it. And, like, he is townreading me. But for, like, decent reasons afaict and I like him saying it's surprisingly strong.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Zack...
    Oh Zack.
    So when he was scumreading me early it felt like he was just... trying to scumread me.
    And as that developed I think that's still true but more like, well, how I always treated tappingstones before he exploded into a ball of toxicity and anger in stmu. Like, pressure/see reaction/oh OK he's probably town.
    Idk if he's officially townreading me now but that's what it felt like when he just moved on to other things.
    And really that's just a microcosm of Zack in this game overall.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm trying get to think of a good way to summarize my cuth opinion but it's not coming to me.
    Idk something about lack of drive to solve. Maybe a dash of tmi and scummy interactions.
    That thing jari thought was called chainsawing. There was a post about Stanari i think that screamed scum talking about a townie.
    Idk. Let's lynch him and see if scum falls out.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fable is just... not imposing his will like he does as scum but still making a real impact from the sidelines and it seems a near impossible line to walk without ever even making me consider an agenda. Dude just doesn't look like he knows people's alignments.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Who else should I talk about?
    Am I alone ITT?

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

Talk to me about some of the MU people that you haven't already. SS, SR, etc.

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Oh!
    SR/wei are in the same place for me where I kinda like what they say when I see it and have a vague impression that I liked what they chose to talk about when they were here but it's really hard to quantify that. Or even remember their posts.
    So, like, town but with a higher than normal probability of being wrong which I know is just me turning into a waffle maker but I don't care.

Kinda the same for dya but less so and also moreso and maybe I'm just tired of scumreading dya still.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Just did SR, but SS just looks more rusty than anything else but I love playing with him and am just gonna hold off on that one.

Other mu people is, like, gh. And Idk what to say.
    Probably just gonna call him babe later and see how he reacts.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yvtn is within his scum and town ranges.
    Idk if it's confirmed visor or whatever but that's not even based on meta that's based on his play this game.
    I'm all but sure that if I had time I could make a convincing ish case for him to be town or scum and feel really mediocre about it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Tsaiah is apparently also from mu.
    Lol.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Alright I feel like I've done enough for the day see yall tomorrow.

13. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Berurururururururururu's Lovingly Handcrafted Votal:

Cuthalion (4): Vaimes, tom, Newcomb, SwedishSkumbag
    Koalas (3): Koalas, Prophylaxis, Fontisian
    GeneralHandkerchief (3): Zack, yeavoxxtalknah, Stanari
    Stanari (2): ScottPress, GeneralHandkerchief
    Fonti (1): dyachei
    Fable (1): Miner
    Miner (1): Secondhand Revenant
    yeavoxxtalknah (1): .113
    ScottPress (1): Vira
    .113 (1): weiyaoli
    Proph (1): Jarizok

Abstaining (4): Tsaiah, Jan, Cuthalion, Fable

12 to soft lynch, 18 to hard lynch~!

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I had a similar thought, but knowing that you forced her to play when she was somewhat burned out from mafia I kind of wanted to give her the space to play before we lynch her as our d1 CFD.

15. .113

.113 Squib

Ok, caught up from yesterday (when I was posting at night). So far, not liking newcombs readslist tbh. It's going through everyone, but doesn't take a real stance on anyone, every post is more or less "Kinda town but idk" or similar.

Then again, i've done those posts as town as well so... meh..

anyways, first things first, i'm at a computer now so...

Unvote
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm wondering if Koalas is scum and which one of proph and fontisian is actually bussing early. GH wagon feels more legit, though GH's vote on Stanari feels bad and I wonder if it's related, as in distancing. Since I do notice Stanari is playing different from last game. Then again, that game was special.

Will start by isoing Jan and see if I get a feel of him for now.

16. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

Haven't looked at anything today aside from this page, what's up with the Koalas self-vote? Wasn't sure if there was some joke, but the way .113 is talking it sounds like it's not just a joke? Or is he as clueless about it as I am?

17. .113

.113 Squib

I wasn't around when it happened, but as far as I can tell it's happened before? I think i recall reading that at least... Anyways, my point was maybe it's some "Ok, wolfbros, I won't be able to play, just bus the shit out of me" thing, or simply just disappeared and in that case I feel at least one wolf would park an early vote there just in case he/she doesn't come back, but idk.

or, in short, if Koalas is a wolf and went awol i'm sure one wolf would jump the wagon.

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I have a vague townread on ..113 that is mostly meta and feels related.
    It is about how the thread handles him and not how he plays himself.

Last game (we rolled witches together) there was very little pressure on him d1. People ignored him for the most part, from what I remember.
    There was only RT who had a scumread on him with 0 traction.

This game there seems to be more of a willigness to put pressure on him.
    I think that makes him more likely town, but I am not dead certain on the matter yet.

He is used to being pushed on d1 because that is what happens with him in almost every towngame, and it didn't happen when we rolled wolf together.
    I can see reasons why it didn't happen last game that have little to do with him (a lot of bad players/distractions in the game), but it still makes me feel somewhat good about him.

19. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

More interested in figuring out why that's there in the first place really before trying to figure out about bussing.

If you haven't looked it up why do you think it means anything?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, he actually did that at the start of the game in a joking manner, it just stands out now. Dislike that you didn't really look it up before trying to jump on it in that manner.

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Oh and Newcomb basically ignoring my push on him and not giving reasons for his thought process, but instead just adding it to a throw away bit when reading me is maybe the worst possible reaction to my push.

I liked good parts of his catchup tonight, felt more enganged and less hedgy(distanced/boring than before.