1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I bet Proph has mentioned how good a wolf you are in every game he's played with you ever. I wouldn't exactly call that alignment indicative.

When I think about scum!Proph gamely trying his best, I feel like I'd see a little more struggle, a little more flat-footed answers. Here he's been like.... middle-ground, mix of looking back and looking forward. In wolf!Proph games I feel like I see him talk about what he wants to do / is going to do in a much more heavy-handed way.

Idk, you talked about Proph being a realist, I just don't think that manifests like this. Antispew from page 1... meh.

I'll take a closer look today. In thinking about this, I think I've realized that the differences in his games aren't as stark as I was assuming they were. I'd kind of mentally categorized him as being kind of Vaimes-lite easy read, but I never actually have played against wolf!Proph.

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    This is a pretty groos oversimipliication of how I play.
    Yes?

Like the basis of your read relies on people pushing me at some point. I've obviously had games where I never really get pushed (or only do for a short period of time) and therefore your analysis falls flat just from that fact alone.

3. .113

.113 Squib

Weiyaoli: "You're not answering my questions from 2 days ago and don't read up"

Me: "I'd rather be in the thread or iso people than do that but ok i'll answer your questions."

Weiyaoli: "You're not being productive".

Seriously, I say I'd rather be productive but instead I spend most of the time i had available to specifically answer YOUR questions, and now you're saying i'm not being productive and not using my time to read up or doing stuff.

Are you serious?

I'm just gonna ignore you for the rest of the game, that's just rude.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb liked this post.

5. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Unvote.

Scott's gone. :/

Not sure what to think about GH. Would a scum really take a day off when they're under fire? I can sort of see the reasoning, that maybe the pressure will die down because he's not there, but a full day?

@Everyone. What is GH's scum game like? Does he get intimidated by pressure?

Also, can someone summarize the Cuth wagon? I haven't been paying attention aside from, "Geez, that guy's paragraphs are big."

6. Newcomb

What about SS feels rusty to you? I have the opposite impression. He feels almost... slick, to me, like I think in a villagery way but also in a way that I'm aware that it's pretty easy to pocket me by sounding like that. A lot of longer, well-articulated posts that I agree with, in other words.

7. Zack

Zack Squib

Intimidated? No.

Weary? Yes.

8. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

...yyyyes? And?

I literally just explained to you why I haven't done that and the problem with that reasoning. Again. your point?

9. .113

.113 Squib

I'm pretty sure the rules state that you're not supposed to question peoples reasons for being away. Either way, Why lie? I could just not talk about it, but I prefer to be honest and it's really NAI so wtf ? You think i'm less or more likely to get visitors because i'm town or scum?

And don't say I refuse to read more when I just answered his questions INSTEAD OF READING MORE because he kept nagging about it. I made it clear I wanted to use my time to be more productive but since he wouldn't dropp it I gave him what he wanted, now both of you say i'm not using my time right.

Then don't ask stupid questions about bad cases.

10. Newcomb

There's a way this is TWTBAW, just like... completely missing the hypocrisy of that statement? Or the way it could be construed as such?

@GeneralHankerchief thoughts on this post?

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Not in any games I played with you.

We could ask @dyachei - help! Tell me how wrong I am here.

12. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Not questioning your reasons, I'm literally talking about what you've been saying in the thread. I'm not accusing you of lying about not being able to catch up or saying that you should have, my point is that you're prioritizing other things, like the iso of Jan, over catchup, which is not inandofitself a bad thing, and then when asked questions not pertaining that you use not having read a lot of the game as an excuse. That's all.

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    So are we playing the "ignore all of Fable's posts and just read him on whether or not people are pushing him" game or......

14. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

I really didn't want to get into a back and forth with you for this exact reason that you kept saying you didn't have enough time to catch up.

What? When was my response to you "you're not being productive" after you answered my questions? The only thing I brought up about this was the fact that you seemed to miss so much (which I thought was on purpose because you didn't really actually care about scum hunting) and I was starting to think that if you were scum your buddies would have actually helped out.

15. .113

.113 Squib

To clarify since YOU seem to miss the point...

I have played games as town where I have made readslists that are very vague, like the one you did (kinda towny but watching you! and similar things) so while I firstly think it seemed scummy of you, I made the comment that since I've done it as town it might mean you are also town doing it.

Normally it's a wolftrait to give vague reads because you don't want to be too much informationing. Or seem too sure.

16. Newcomb

I came to the same conclusion, and then fonti told me I was wrong because something about 113 being super aware of dumbtells or something. I think it was about that WH game. Thoughts?
    --- Post automerged ---
    What is the "bad call" that I would be making in this world?

17. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I don't think it's always true. I have seen a pushy fable be scum before.

18. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't like GH's vote. Other than the proceeding post saying he'll check out Cuth, GH hadn't mentioned Cuth once. And this is the reasoning for checking out Cuth:

Okay, so, you accidentally chose the top wagon to vote on. You, who was away for an entire day by choice, decided, "I need to find scum." So to find scum, you chose the first random person mentioned, ISO'd them, and voted. Why choose a random person Jari mentioned rather than looking for the top wagons for a jumping off point?

19. .113

.113 Squib

So, you're saying I should give a read on Vaimes without reading his posts? OR do what I've done and instead say IDK 'cause I haven't caught up.
    I mean, either I do retarded stuff like give reads on things I have no idea about, or I'm honest and say I can't. How is that bad focus?

Also, yeah, I could do constant catch up if that's what the whole town feels is needed, but that means no live interactions, no iso's and frankly bad play.

I did the iso of jan because we wolfed together just a while ago and I felt I had a good idea about how he's playing as a wolf, probably one of the freshest ideas of anyone about how he plays, since fonti died fast and xicor isn't here.

If you ask me a question about something I have no idea about, then I'll answer honestly that I don't know, because lying would be pretty stupid and more likely get me mislynched.

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

This does include your posts.

You are not out there.

What Tom said (and Newcomb liked) about you not having an agenda is not a towntell in your case.

You are best as scum when you are bussing a partner. And a lot of times when you are not doing that you are not pushing a lot of things (from what I remember).

You having an opinion and being out there and pushing it hard and making enemies is more likely town!Fable.

Maybe I haven't played enough games with you, but from my experience it is a perfect fit.