1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

Because it's stupid to be open about it? Better to pretend it doesn't exist. I'm quite aware of when I feel things like that and there's no reason to put them into the open.

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    His reads are pretty trash.

3. Secondhand Revenant

How he got to them or just you disagree with them a lot?

4. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

Meta question for the room at large: does Zack have a tendency to sorta omgusy push back on people scumreading him? And if so, is it AI?

That jumps out at me as a little odd with the rest of the thoughts there, like you're talking about your plans to try to get a read on Stan and wanting to give her space to inform that read, but then you sort of...leave an invite for someone to influence you instead? Cuth, can you elaborate on what were you thinking behind the bolded there? And where's your head at on Stanari now?

Also you never answered if you had more thoughts on fonti (or if you did i'm not there yet).

Hue. Did this ever go anywhere, or was it just a throwaway comment?

God, all the people arguing with Awaclus. xD Funny as hell, but I don't have time to try to parse any of that right now.

Speccing Proph's champs games leads me to think "overexplainy" is a very accurate way to describe him, caveat that I haven't seen his scumplay. I am slightly liking the way he keeps like, talking about people sring him from the sidelines? It's like he's saying ENGAGE ME over and over, which i feel like could come from a trying-to-figure-these-people-out place from him.

Also slight like that Proph questions the nitty of what sounds like a positive read on him, rather than just going with getting a townread, feels like he's actually trying to get a read off of it.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Both.

6. Secondhand Revenant

Can you go over the former for me? What exactly are you taking issue with in how he got to them?

7. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    Oh ok, mb i guess.

You wanted to know what i thought of his defensive reaction right? I don't really think it's necessarily something very telling. In the last game I played with him he reacted pretty strongly whenever someone didn't appriciate his playstyle or something, and I don't think him reacting in an aggressive manner when being told you dislike his approach to something is wolf indicative no.

8. Secondhand Revenant

Oh right, I forgot about the stuff in regards to you. Yeah, that was kind of dumb. Don't think that makes it fake or anything necessarily

9. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    Oh, Tsaiah, while you're here; How do you like wolfing? And which alignment do you prefer?

10. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Vote: Koalas

To quote Stanari: Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

11. Secondhand Revenant

I didn't say I disliked his approach. I gave him new info on the person who self-voted, he reacted pretty oddly to it and started getting accusatory. And it wasn't too hard to find out where the self-vote was and the context of it. Do you think it's not a problem that he didn't seem interested enough to look it up if he thought he was on to something?

12. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Why do you keep asking this question? What magical insight could it possibly provide? Why don't you ask game relevant questions?

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I explained why his read on me isn't a real read and is just fear mongering earlier.

He thinks newcomb is a wolf pretty much for being "boring" which isn't a real thing IMO.

His stanari read is he got bored of reading her ISO and got bored and said villager which again is not a real read IMO.

Vaimes read is likely correct but an easy sheep read anyone who's played with vaimes could make.

In short I'm not seeing him make a real effort this game.

14. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Oh.

Sorry. <_<

I thought you did. Since you're still on Stanari, do you think she's more scum than Cuth?

15. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day ends in a little under 5 hours.

End of day timer is in opening post of thread, that I am far too lazy to go fetch on mobile.

16. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You can say a lot with few words. Some of the people in thread should give it a try.

Y gets a pass for being new but all the DLP regulars on my wagon are reading lazily and/or poorly.

Reasons for voting: when I vote it goes on someone I think is a wolf. I dislike moving it around every 5 minutes. It's an unpopular opinion but whatever it's how I play.

As for GH he took a moment to take the heat out of my push and set up a proper discussion. I liked this. I posted a rebuttal and then he disappeared. I was waiting on a response to proceed.

When he reappeared however he entirely skipped over our discussion which makes me think he was more interested in taking the heat out of my push as opposed to setting up a proper discussion.

So, Vote:GH

There's your w/w proof miner. Have fun with it.

17. Secondhand Revenant

Hm. Okay, that's a pretty fair assessment of his ISO. I'm not sure I can blame someone for laziness entirely, but I guess there's no good reason to be lazy about the reads themselves like that.

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'm at work until eod. Ping me if you need me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm not following. You expected him to keep trying to talk to you after you left? Why?

Do you have any other reads?

19. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    Yeah, maybe. I've read it over a couple of times now, i have a hard time drawing anyhting from it still. I can see what you mean, but it seems he kind of put himself in defense mode from your "i dislike that you didn't...". Then logic is sometimes put in second place, for some people, regardless of alignment

20. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

Hi SS!

I hate wolfing, with an unbridled passion. I'd rather roll town then lose, than mafia and win, 8 out of 7 days of the week. Trying to figure people out is what's fun. :)