1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

It really doesn't look like that.

2. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

Yeah that was it and his response to me in particular where he got over defensive and accusatory when I pointed out that it was a joke self-vote and his reasons didn't really check out and it was something he could have checked.

3. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I read your ISO not his.

The trend continued.

I don't agree.

No, you don't have enough at the end of yesterday. Sorry not sorry.

My gut hates that post. I can't put it into words. I'm not just saying that to piss you off. I know you think that's the case.

Why are you being such a butt? You don't agree. That's fine. We can discuss it without being assholes.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm done talking with you until you want to converse like an adult.

4. Secondhand Revenant

You can tell by the next sentence where I then get into who I dislike. This is not hard.

5. fontisian

Vote: Newcomb

6. .113

.113 Squib

Use the force luke?

7. fontisian

Personally, I call him Will.

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

But your Will is not that Luke?

Is .113 a Luke?

9. Zack

Zack Squib

Honestly confused how you even got that interpretation. He immediately follows up with people he dislikes.

10. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I liked this too, and it's...probably the bulk of why Wei isn't down in the null pile for me?

I'm not sheeping Newcomb, it's a read I've had for a while. Probably too early even, lol. I just liked how Newcomb articulated it.

11. Secondhand Revenant

Diligent. How exactly did you decide he was joking if you didn't bother to read what he said? His subsequent post, the one that's rather telling that he took it seriously, is like right after the 90% post, it''s hard to miss even if you just went looking for the 90% one. Why did you think it was a joke from him? Unless I'm mistaken I haven't seen him on MU discord to know the awac jokes.

For the most part it didn't and if it was some continuing trend you saw I'd expect that to have been said.

Then *why* would you think that it looks like me trying to keep doubt on the player? This doesn't check out. If you think someone gave a bad reason then I don't see what thought process leads you to thinking me thinking it's a bad reason is to maintain doubt. That read only makes sense if you think I shouldn't be doubting the reason given.

Get lynched.

I'm glad you ignored the pertinent bit. If it is giving you a w/w read them presumably there's some reasoning going on and not all gut feelings.

Your shit is lazy and that's annoying. Not only that but you're being obnoxious about my engagement with the game and you should know better.

Well when you come back try to be less lazy. Okay? Thanks.

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I mean, did you respond to my iso of him last night?
    We hit a few of the same points in oblique ways and came to the same conclusion.
    His response didn't move the needle.
    SR is likely scum.

I'd still rather lynch yeti or cuth.
    Maybe even koalas for the sweet sweet info
    --- Post automerged ---
    [not by me]
    --- Post automerged ---

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Nyeeeeeh

Think dya is looking better than SR atm but not the biggest fan of either.

14. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    SR, I don't want to fight with you. Like ever. So I'm not going to play this game.

The bit you keep harping on is the part in the quote and that's the part that is gut feeling. The way you approach Koalas is why I can see it being w/w.

I think your bad reason is contrived to keep your options open.

Anyway, I'm done with this. I would rather just work than argue with friends. Even friends who might be wolves, when it devolves into you calling me dumb and lazy.

15. Secondhand Revenant

Okay but the stuff you choose to answer is selective here. Like I still don't see an answer to why you assumed miner was joking and missed him being serious. Especially by this point in the game.

That's as vague as the reason had been in the start.

What? You said the logic was *okay* from me and *presumably* you just replied that you disagreed with the logic that I also disagreed with unless you misunderstood.

You don't have much room to complain about calling others lazy here.

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Reading Vira's iso and saw this:
    ATPG made this read in the last game I was in that (translated for this game) Stanari is never scum if Scott is. It was a (scum) player in his first game and a... I'm just gonna say worse version of Stanari.
    Probably not relevant because I don't think Scott is scum but he totally could be and actually it looks like a really similar situation overall.

Tinfoil alert:
    Scumscott and some townie (stanari? me a little? idr who was first) commented on his derpiness and his buddies just... went along with it. They said stuff like "agree that scott is just noob town" and didn't push it. Encourage him to play it up in scumchat. But he keeps not showing up.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yes.
    And slight w/w vibe from her bristling at everyone else who's pushed SR.

17. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I said the read was lazy, not you. You're getting awfully heated here.

Your logic wasn't great. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. I do disagree with it, but i can sort of see where you were coming from.

I assumed he was joking because I didn't reread the entire fucking thread while ISOing you. You're acting like it's the only point I made. I was wrong. Time to move on, because I had many other concerns about you, too.

Not the least of which is your involvement in the game. It feels very detached.

I guess I wasn't ready to come back to mafia.

18. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Curious where you found a worse version of me :p but also I'm not entirely sure what your point is?

Still working through catchup because there were a ton of walls this morning.

Why is Jari so high? Why are you townreading SR again? Can you talk about your Miner read?

@ Dyachei

The thing with SR (and Koalas a little, too) is that when I try to look at their posts, all I get is kind of a vague "okay, you exist" feeling. I don't really find most of the things you're scumreading to be super scummy? It's just...there.

However, if I tilt my head a little, I can kind of see why you see w/w between SR and Koalas. I'm not sure I totally agree but I can kind of see it.

19. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I don't care anymore. If you think I'm w/w with SR, that's definitely a tinfoil thought based on even just his side of this argument.

I'm done though. I thought I could come back to mafia after a short break but I apparently just can't.

20. Secondhand Revenant

You also never at all gave why you think it's contrived to think that it didn't look like panic etc.