1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

?

I play mafia to have fun. Whatever playstyle you've brought over from MU that apparently gets you widely townread isn't enabling that. I've already fucked up once in this game with regards to this, and I'm not going to do it again.

I don't follow champs, I don't particularly care to play super competitively unless something changes in the near future. I'm not an insanely great player, nor is it the end of the world should I actually wind up losing this game.

But, you came over to this community to play. Just as I adapted (or at least tried to adapt) to the weird meta that MU has wrt posts, site functions, people, etc, I'd expect that you extend that same respect and courtesy to us.

Thanks!

2. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

"You're abrasive" isn't a reason to SR someone nor to vote them unless you're being petty and bad, or you're a wolf. A good villager doesn't vote someone for being abrasive lol that's not a thing.

Like this is the exact same from WH to me cause I just played that game and was town there too but there's these ?????? reasons to call it different? The only thing I can think of is that I subbed in and the other time I subbed I had a bunch of people I don't normally play with qqing my entrance was BAD and BRASH too. Which I dunno I feel like that's not how scum makes an entrance in the first place but also not my problem cause I find 0 problem with me asking what happened to the dude's wagon that had 6 votes and led on D1.

3. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Some people play mafia to have fun!

Again, ILU, but maybe chill a little?
    --- Post automerged ---
    A toneshift from a town game is absolutely a reason to scumread someone?

I can kind of see some ways it's different, but I need to read you in WH again to tell you exactly how.

4. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

Ok but I don't see how it's 'fun' to willingly help yourself lose the game if you're town by voting someone because you don't LIIIIIIKE them or they weren't your kind of friendly ?

I got invited to this game and there were people in it I wanted to play with again but it's no skin off my back if this is going to be insufferable except I'd feel bad making Voxx use a second sub on this slot.

I entered this game how I always would and got a bunch of REEEEE in my face over it despite doing my townie thing, I dunno how you think I can like, know the meta here before I start playing to have a "Good and Not Brash" entrance or whatever tf wouldn't have gotten people so pissy.

Honestly feel like I came in and poked a scum who slid by on D1 and his teammates helped dissipate his wagon and he and his teammates got pissy that was the first thing that occurred to me with a fresh POV.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That's the thing Stan is there IS no toneshift to me cause I know this is the same town game just kinda irritable D1 again and I'm kind of suspicious of the people who act like there's a big one?? Especially when they barely read that game/my posts to be able to say anything about my tone there l0l. That's why it's fake is I truly don't believe Miner read my posts enough to be giving an opinion on if my tone/play is different from that game.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    No that's just why they're lower realistically.

I'm, like, trying to just combine my feeling for their behavior with some worldbuilding/poe stuff.
    I've definitely said why relatively recently, but
    Cuth's only solving is really reachy, only shows up to alleviate pressure, he fails the post/impact test, and looks aligned with a bunch of scummy people.
    Yeti I think SS had the scummiest eod. And yeti herself seems to just be going through the (very aggressive) motions without actually attempting to gain anything out of that aggression.

6. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

Like look at all the people who are saying I'm w/w with Cuth or Koalas who are two of the people I've poked at for their D1 wagons and that's pretty much it (plus my Koalas ISO).

WHAT THE PISS EVEN IS THAT.

It smells like SUCH a set-up by Cuth or Koalas' actual teammates to try and shunt me as their partner when I would've literally had to focus on one or two of my teammates as my entrance to the game - is .113 one of my teammates too because I also ISO'd him early or does he get a pass? lol.

I just think it's totally delusional to be saying I'm w/w with those dudes - like can someone tell me what logic I have in bussing both the second I sub in?

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    You know you're a replacement, right?
    It's from Newcomb clearing SS for nothing day 1.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

I think you're misunderstand a couple things here. First off, I actually liked your entrance, it's partly what made me ask tom to sell me on Cuth, which HE HAS YET TO DO @tom.

But the fundamental thing is that winning or losing the game isn't what makes the game fun. It's about having a good game, about analysis and mindgames and everything else that makes a mafia game great. And you going around calling people morons and stupid and whatnot isn't conducive to the kind of environment that propagates a good game.

I'm not expecting you to know the meta here. I'm expecting you to not start personally attacking people or whatever when they vote you, whether or not you think the vote was bad or not. It's really not asking that much.

9. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

Oh look more nonsense about me.

You know what I'm gaining? There are a lot of people who want to push me as a teammate with two other shady people and they do it for absolutely garbage reasons and justifications. That, my friends, is what being shady looks like. Not entering the thread and having a presence. Happy I could clear that up for the confused.

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

JK got ninjaed.

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    They're from SS. And you know that.

Why wouldn't you try to look unaligned from buddies your predecessor looked aligned with?

12. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

I do know I'm a replacement but I also know I'm town? Nobody had stated that reason so I didn't know that would be why, I just saw my name only and was like "wtf this dude has ignored me since I subbed in how is this even a thing."

13. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Ok so why are they garbage reasons?

14. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'd rather lose a game I had fun in than suffer to win a hell game. I realize this is not a universal sentiment. I should probably preface this with another ILU, but I can absolutely see why Miner is finding you unpleasant? Like. I think you are fun to play with, but not so much when you're being snippy.

I'm pretty sure scumreading people who feel overly defensive is basically universal (and...don't quote me on this, but I think a good portion of those scumreading you aren't even DLP natives, so, uh).

Also, could you stop equating people scumreading you for being cranky with people scumreading you for not being nice? Thanks.

15. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

How do you think I know it when I haven't read D1 or SS's posts...? Just his voting pattern and I've said like 10 times I think his vote absolutely makes him never partners with Koalas.
    --- Post automerged ---
    People SRing me wrongly for dumb emotional reasons or not liking me are all the same to me honestly.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

<3

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Because you already attacked me for the reasons being garbage?

This is why I say youre just being aggressive to be aggressive. You aren't even retaining the pushes you're making.

Why do you think I'm scum again?

18. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

It'd be a lot easier to be pleasant if I didn't drive all day and come to a thread with a bunch of stupid and fake reasons to SR me and "teams" I apparently could be in that make ACTUALLY no sense to me lol. It feels impossible to catch up with ISOs from D1 when I have to waste so much time asking people WTF they're smoking with their reads on me or pointing out how fake and wrong their reasons are.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

@Yeti

Bro.

At this point I stopped caring if you're a wolf or not. Until you demonstrate that you're willing to... not be a douche I'm just going to vote you because I want you out of the game more than because I think you're scum or not.

It's merely an added bonus that i actually believe there's a good chance you're scum.

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Please show me one time you've done that