1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

Uh more like YOU aren't retaining what the convo is about?? I asked you how you think I "know" what you claim I know when I can't possibly know it, your response to that is a massive deflection back to me.

That last line rings untrue, I don't necessarily think you're scum, just you have very scummy logic towards me and I disagree with legit every w/w pairing I see you put in the thread. I have a hard time seeing the villager perspective in your w/w pairings except that you want as many possible teams and shady people as possible.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Miner on this page??????? Multiple others????? Go read my ISO??????????
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ok, bye!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Enjoy losing if you're town! Since you clearly can't make good reads.

2. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

Yeti, do you get into fights like this as either alignment?

3. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

like lol you are such a fake person. Whining about me being a douche yet you toss in something like this. Glass houses/throwing stones and all that. You don't have any high ground here to act like a victim that I'm ruining your fun when you toss in stupid crap like this. It's honestly slimy you're acting like I'm just sooooooooo bad and having me out of the game would be fine when you try and be passive aggressive right back. Clearly you want to engage on that level so don't be fake about it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Only as town.

It's pointless as town but it's true negative value to scum win to do it as scum.

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    It's not a dumb emotional reason though.

You saying there is no toneshift doesn't equate to people not seeing a toneshift? Like...people perceiving things differently is pretty intrinsic to mafia and "I can't believe that was a real thought you had" is hard to use as an argument unless you know the person in question. I also disagree with the idea that Miner is scum for giving an opinion based on what he played that game? I highly doubt his understanding of your play is less than what I'd get off an average metadive, and while that kind of meta is notoriously unreliable, it's definitely a thing townies use.

I don't think it's a huge toneshift but I do think there's a difference in the way you are aggressing.

5. Secondhand Revenant

True negative value? Not sure what you mean with that sentence.

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

GTFO.

Please, and thanks.

7. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

Scum love tvt fights cause it usually makes both look bad, but scum hate being dragged into a fight by a town cause then the scum is in the spotlight and could get slogged by the town. IDC about being in the spotlight I can't avoid it cause I post too much and yeah I roll my eyes at all the dumb fights I get into after they end too but idk I see people making points about me I know or wrong or mischaracterizing me and I have to correct them and then I get salty when ppl refuse to accept my corrections.

8. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Do you think it is reasonable for Miner to be annoyed with you right now?

9. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

I honestly hate subbing in cause I try and make my entrance but there's always some people who take "bold entrance" as "scum entrance" somehow ?? And then I can't just reread like I want to but waste my time arguing over it and getting salty.

10. Secondhand Revenant

Honestly, I'm just gonna assume Yeti isn't gonna be such an awful person as to throw a tantrum over being wolf read as a wolf and let it go. If I'm wrong I know who never to play with. I doubt she lies about doing this as town not wolf because then presumably someone could call her on it.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

They're not automatically supposed to accept your arguments, especially when they're flimsy and/or laced with personal attacks. You might be a good mafia player (I legitimately have no idea), but you clearly aren't very good at getting others to believe you.

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yeti saying things are bad and wrong over and over is not the same thing as refuting them.

I don't want to be a dick here but, like, just being louder than other people doesn't get you anywhere here regardless of your alignment. You replaced into a scummy slot, and now your being aggro. It's fine. I know you haven't actually read the points against you you're calling garbage. I wouldn't if I was town in your spot either. But focusing on tiny things that you don't have context for is not going to solve this game.

Like, you pushed me for being Cuth's buddy mad that you wouldn't let it dissipating go. I quote myself asking the same question about the cuth wagon earlier today and mention I was the second to last person on it. So, like, even if I was a wolf bussing cuth it doesn't make sense.
    Then you push me for a w/w read I sheeped someone else on (without looking at the person I sheeped) and a w/w that I actually... just didn't make.

This is what I mean by aggression without anything coming from it. It's like you pushed on me and kept going without actually looking into me. I'm like, sure based on your thoughts so far that isoing me would have you saying words like mindmeld and toptown. Which is hyperbole obviously but whatever.

13. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

Not when he makes a post like the one I quoted. He loses whatever high ground because he stooped to tossing that passive aggressive AF line in knowing all it would do is annoy me further.

If he wanted to peacefully interact with me he should have acted like it?? And not been fake being all "you're ruining my fun" while being passive aggressive. l o flippin l.

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Vote: Secondhand Revenant

15. Secondhand Revenant

There's bold and then there's 'so much bluster it's hard to believe someone lacks that much self-awareness'. It's annoying but apparently just some people's thing.

16. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Peaceful interaction??

17. Secondhand Revenant

I don't even know what to think of you anymore after trying to suggest that you found 4 scum all squabbling at each other and pushing each other earlier. It'd hard to believe.

18. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

I didn't even know I replaced into a scummy slot especially with SS's vote on Koalas, and people suspecting Koalas. That seemed townie AF to me. I just came into the game and saw the Cuth wagon vanished and thought oh. Notice how I dropped the point on you being w/w with Cuth after it was pointed out you brought up the same. I didn't explicitly say it but it dropped from what I was thinking.

It's kind of hard to look into you or anyone else when there's multiple people asking me to look into multiple things but also having to deal with the same stupid "YOUR ENTRANCE WAS TOO BAD AND YOU WERE TOO BOLD IN IT" I did in another game. I guess y'all don't have that context for my frustration but it's so annoying and really turns me off subbing to have it happen every game I sub into that I don't start my own slot. Someone else did stupid crap as a villager (I don't even know about) and that makes my entrance bad or whatever tf.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The. Post. I. Quoted.

That post isn't exactly peaceful to me lol considering I disagree with his statement.

19. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    "Please stop" is about as peaceful an interaction as you can reasonably expect.

20. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

tom this is my exact problem with you. The teams you push make NO sense to me and also defy what wolves would actually do. You suggested a team that has done nothing but grumble at each other (or ignore in Newcomb's case) since I subbed in and it just... wat. You also said you had hints of w/w from the dya/SR fight which I also really disagree with.

For some reason you say legit whoever is fighting with each other is w/w. Do you think scum bus that... nastily... or do you think/have some meta implying the people you're pushing as scum are REALLY good at scum theatrics... which aren't even helping any of them not be SR ??