1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Jesus Christ what is with the hostility.

Slowly reading up, can afford to stay up late tonight, hoo-rah.
    --- Post automerged ---
    re: Newcomb hottake, he mentioned his activity would take a hit because work.

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Poorly.

Actually this is a reading assignment I can actually do on a phone, brb.

3. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

I don't really see that as a reasonable interpretation. You put me, cuth, yeti, newcomb together, yes? Newcomb okay, yeah, I can see how you get that one. I don't think the obnoxious consistent push on me from cuth makes sense, I don't think my initial response to yeti makes sense for that, and I don't think yeti's immediate jump on cuth makes sense for that. Your assessment seems disconnected from any reality I know.

Oh yeah, I get what you're saying now. The thing is yeti is directly acting this way to any and all wolf reads of any nature, it's pretty much a reaction to being wolf read at all and I don't really see why this would be annoying her to this degree as a wolf. She's pretty much venemous to the idea that anyone could think she's a wolf at all in any way. I can understand being irritated by the way people push sometimes as a wolf, but it doesn't look like she takes issue with the approach or the way people act about it, she's getting mad that people disagree at all and it's kind of hard to see how that happens from a wolf. Like, I can get mad as a wolf if people are arguing in really obnoxious ways (kami and all), and the anger's more about the way someone's talking to me (or at a friend) not just flat out for being wolf read, which is what I'm seeing from yeti here.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Honestly I might just like. Not Read The Thread and stick to ISO'ing specific people/moments.

tom gave me a quest, I'll go do that. Maybe read Yeti since she's vogue rn.

5. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    I'm sorry you feel like you're being attacked for your entrance m I hope you understand my read on your slot is more to do with ss and your change in tone and paranoia compared to a town game.

You also said I was ignoring you before. I really wasn't. I was waiting for you to do more so I could try and read you instead of just looking at ss.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I know you've heard of caught for the wrong reasons. Would something like that explain this behavior? I want your opinion on it.

6. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well take this with a grain of salt cause.. well its me but ok have some spicy Kalas Mafia Tells.

Either alignment I am absolutely terrible at Day 1. I don't trust myself as town to make reads without any hard data and as scum I tend to lurk and wait for a town v town case I can alley-oop. I'm also terrible at using my vote. I like to use it once on whoever I want to see lynched that Day. I've been told multiple times This Is Dumb and I have tried to fix it in previous games but I'm coming off a break and kind of fell into bad habits.

As town, again, terrible D1. Death tunneling to the exclusion of other things is a Thing. I think the worst case was WH..6? Here on DLP. I tunneled the Priest and did not pick up on the multiple back off hints he dropped. Scum DID pick up on them so that was fun. I tend to get better, later in the game but that's a pretty general statement for mafia players. I also tend to build the town circle as town.

As scum, I'm.. slimy is the best word. Newcomb or fonti could describe it better. I don't make terrible posts but they all feel extremely manufactured (they go through about 4 edits to ensure nothing bad slips out). Tend to last till midgame when I'm eventually just POE'd out. There's been a couple games I've 'powerwolved' but nothing recent and they were all from falling into a good D1. I also tend to scumhunt as scum.

So that's it. Meta would say town but I'm aware of it and was actively trying to fix it before taking a break. So WINE away.

7. Secondhand Revenant

Well, like I said, her reaction is universal to it all. If you think she thinks they're *all* wrong reasons I guess? But that doesn't apply much to people scum reading her from SS, though I suppose that could be frustrating. She could just be a very very angry person. Have you ever seen her as a wolf before? She did say she only does this as town, which is something that should be verifiable.

8. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Someday I will learn to stop drinking wine.

Someday.

9. dyachei

dyachei Squib

High Score:
    Except that it's all the same reason: having a bad entrance. That's why I'm asking.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That sounds like an awful day.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think I've only played with town!yeti. @Yeti can you link a scum game?

10. Zack

Zack Squib

Did you let GH onto your account?

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Hmmm...

12. Koalas

High Score:
    GH is actually half the players in the game.

13. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

You have, this is the one scum game in the past 3+ years: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/why-is-there-a-gun-in-my-popcorn-game-over-scum-win.3599297/
    http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/matrix-12-noc-game-over-mafia-wins.3602966/ town game I sub into a bad slot and get dudes flaming my entrance because I said they were shady
    The Popcorn game is a. Popcorn b. my team gave up because the win condition was total BS so I had to solo carry and bus all of my teammates hard.

14. Zack

Zack Squib

wait when does this day end

15. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

I mean there's a mime and a mafia turbo but lolturbo y'know.
    --- Post automerged ---
    23 hours I think?

16. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    My POE is turning into a puddle.

Help.

17. Koalas

High Score:
    Post it and I'll tell you what names to take out?

18. Secondhand Revenant

Koalas, my problem with you is your claim. I don't understand your motive for it. In all honesty I just think you're lying when you said you didn't expect the claim to save you. I don't think it makes sense to claim as a PR if you don't think it will save you because then you're giving mafia info for no benefit. You do it to get saved, period. Your answers to me felt stiff and kind of cagey as well.

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I think what I'm getting out of SR is that a ton of his posts are like, micro and not macro.

A typical post by SR this game is responding to a post and asking a couple questions about it. Or, he'll respond to someone else's question with a clarification. I think the heart of my wolf read here is about what's /missing/ from his ISO, not what's actually there.

Is his first "broad" post (responding to being asked who he townread by Visor). It's tough for me to think of who he could be with / couldn't be with if he's a wolf based on this, which is a pretty decent example of how... careful, a post like this is. It looks like it's giving content but it's really not giving much away, and I think that's deliberate.

Regarding Stanari and Tsaiah. My thought here is that there's kind of a baked-in lack of suspicion/paranoia to this question. I could see maybe making this post and then prodding/poking each of the two of them about how they're approaching the other - but if I'm town here and I'm looking at two people who've play a lot together, I'm thinking "okay what if they're w/v. What if they're v/w? What if they're w/w?" Like, I don't just ask this with no... directionalality to it.

That's pretty cheeky to post about GH in the wolf!SR world. I think that's another small weight for the "SR/Cuth not w/w" scale, too.

Right, this is a pretty interesting interaction. I really can't see it as w/w/w - like, that's reeeeally a comment you make to a partner when they bus? It just feels so casual, so lack of.... anything, really. Nor does it really strike me as wolf!SR talking to town!SS. Like, town votes on your partner, and you go "maybe that's just the way he is?" and /nothing else/? Can't see that.

I could see w/w SR/SS and town!Koalas off this. I could see town!SR and w/w SS/Kolas. I suppose I could even see v/v/v but I think if SR/SS/Koalas are all villagers we might be well and truly screwed.

But mainly it's just such a damn... floaty, comment, from SR.

EoD vote progression.

I think this is pretty emblematic of SR's whole ISO. Because it really is just like... it's not what's there, it's what's not there. There's nothing surface level objectionable about those posts, but they're repping a mindset from a pretty critical point in the game, and there's just no like... concern/paranoia/investment. Investment is a decent word? There's a missing sense from the whole ISO here that SR is invested in like, grapping with the game, coming to terms with it, and wringing alignments from its body.

Vote: Secondhand Revenant

20. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Me/Sr/Newc/Yeti

a)makes no sense on many levels
    b)would be a really... interesting team
    --- Post automerged ---
    Case in point.