1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Open question: Is it scummy for yvtn to bring up the "if I'm wrong, it's x's fault" thing again after it was pointed out as kind of towny from him a couple hours prior?

2. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

I don't remember, ISO me and see what I called out.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Short Answer: Yes, with an if.
    Long Answer: No, with a but.

3. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

@fontisian - Link me a game that you're using as basis for Zack's town play? Zack's currently one of my townreads right now along with ScottPress, and I'm interested to see if you're either town who has a genuine read on Zack or scum trying to discredit him.

Your reasoning for scumreading him is.. fairly abstract from my point of view and hard to follow.

Any particular reason why you stated you're putting me in your ally category over like, calling me a townlean or something?

And can you expound upon this a little more? I'm trying to follow how you got to a townread on me but like your reasoning for Zack it's a little abstract.

4. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Vira only focusing on a useless line (not just the line itself, but that she kept focusing on it when other things were happening).

There you go .113, I remembered something. I think I disliked some Proph stuff tonally, but that is going to be more personal taste.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Boy am I glad I've never played mafia before. Meta diving from other sites not enough 12 hours into D1.

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

6. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Fair enough. Must have missed that specifically.

7. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Exactly.
    Like, I didn't know what newcomb was doing. I know who awaclus is and may have read some posts at some point but thats not permanently saved.
    But I did know newcomb was doing a thing because he wasn't newcomby.
    Miner at least should have realized that.

8. .113

.113 Squib

you might be right, I don't know who awaclus is either. Also I'm trying hard not to use smileys like it's cocaine. Modkill for smileyusage would be embarassing.

Point was basically that I don't know newcomb enough to say if he/she would do so or not and thus I can't really deathtunnel on miner for that comment. (also, it's fun to play again SR, no pocket).

So far I'm leaning wolf on yeavoxx ( i really thought the first reactions were kinda bad and a few others as well) but won't do anything about it for now since the seer claim. It'll work itself out sooner or later I presume.
    Also leaning wolf on ScottPress, though I just read he only had 2 games before? That.. might be why I found the reasoning not to my liking. But so far really not feeling the towniness in any posts there.

Tom and zack feel like townies having a "u wolf bro" showdown.

And, yeah, miner gets some slight red taint from that post but nothing too serious for now, haven't caught up fully yet though.
    --- Post automerged ---
    wow that's a disgusting green colour

9. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Before I forget, here's my snarky response to this: wow, it sure is scummy to play the game.

Just because IYO wolves need a reason and villagers don't, doesn't mean that villagers can't give reasons.

If the read is solely because I gave reasoning, however thin, I have a quality gif for that. If it's because of the reasoning I gave, that would be more interesting to discuss and might have some merit.

10. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I sort of like where Vaimes's headspace is in wrt 278.

+1 for Newcomb doing the Awaclus stuff but there's been a million copypastes this game and I'm kind of over it.

Miner's 90% town Newcomb thing is.. interesting, and I have been kind of mulling on it ever since I read that post. Basically, what we're looking at here is that Newcomb is just copy and pasting posts from another user and then scum!Miner is just like "oh hey it's town!Newcomb making big posts, let me try and fake this townread" but.. it feels too EASY if that makes sense. Like, I'd love to live in the world where Miner just literally scumslipped by getting caught manufacturing/faking reads but maybe Miner is the type of player who would do that?

If I'm disciplined about it I might try to do a quick meta dive of Miner tomorrow to make sure he's the type of guy who would do a read like that, since that seems like the easiest way to figure out if he's making stuff up vs actually coming to that conclusion. Either way it's worth taking into consideration IMO.

11. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

Can understand the yeavoxx wolf read. I'm kind of leaning there but I also kind of feel like part of what he's doing is deliberate and kind of gimmicky, possibly just making it NAI. I don't really like it, but not sure it means wolf.

What is it *exactly* that you don't like about ScottPress, though? I'm not actually in tune with everyone town reading him right now, probably need to look over his posts again a bit closer, but I didn't get any big wolf vibes aside from seeing Zack's point about that one 'frown' post.

Also good to see you again!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also worth checking is how well he actually knows Newcomb.

I'm also kind of taking it for granted that Newcomb is nothing like Awaclus so those posts shouldn't make anyone think typical newcomb, heh.

12. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Newcomb is basically Awaclus-lite.

13. .113

.113 Squib

It was more the giving reasons in the first vote in the first posts of the game, it was VERY early in the game and you felt the need to give a reason. It's something some players do as either alignment, but it's also something wolves in general are more likely to do. Since we haven't played together before, I'll just presume it's one of them and that I'll figure it out later.

14. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Fair enough .113.

15. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

And Miner's 305/385 is soooooooort of making me think that he either didn't screw up or he's putting on a brave face? Like, if Miner had actually screwed up there, then his scumteam would be panicking, HE would be panicking, and.. we would maybe see some different posts other than:
    What are everyone else's thoughts/viewpoint of the situation?

What is your beef with me, exactly? Feels like you've been sticking your tongue out at me from the sidelines but not actually.. doing anything to significantly advance your read on me.

16. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Vote: Secondhand Revenant

Came into thread with a strange angle, not super fond of how he just segued straight into the middle of the ongoing argument without any other words beforehand, think his read on Yeavoxx feels kinda fabricated, less... direct or straightforward than I'm used to SR being.

I'm going to bed.

17. .113

.113 Squib

SR, this post basically started it, it's in reply to an @ YVTN and Tom which is obviously pointed at two people (@ .... AND Tom)

I think he's playing the "derp town clear" card

in that light most of his posts seem like he's doing a good job jumping on other people's trains of thoughts and throwing shade

18. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

I think generally its best to ignore that whole progression for a Miner read.

19. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

I don't think he knew what was going on at all. Also I don't think that he'd necessarily be panicking quite at that point. It happened within 7 minutes and it doesn't look like anyone really called him on what it was exactly that he did, Newcomb just gave a naked vote and Awactrolled him.

20. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Lock scum.