1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

Yo @Regfan

I kinda read through Owner's Market Vira QT (skipped all the auction stuff cuz it was annoying, maybe I missed something), and I /guess/ I see what you're saying wrt her not really pushing anything?

Although she did sort of case 113 yesterDay if I'm not mistaken, so fuck if I know.

2. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

I mean there are multiple wolves on wagons sometimes? Like I'm not saying .113 is gonna be like hey vote SR and his scumbuddy quotes him and goes hehe ok but they can distribute however they like between two+ v/v wagons.

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Surprisingly there were only two people who jumped from SR to koalas at EoD, Tom and Vaimes.

The rest all came from people off wagon.

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Oh.

Huh.

Those are both town, too.

5. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

Possibilities:

All/most wolves were on Koalas' wagon before maj was needed.
    Fable's TRs on SR's wagon are bad.
    Fable is a wolf.
    .113 is a wolf and Fable's logic was not solid.

Discuss.

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I don't think she did? Said she'd ISO him but never did. Her scum read on him stems from him pointing out her lack of scum reads.

Which is uh? Really bad? I mean she scum reads GH for voting a major wagon as reasoning to vote him and then later in the game scum reads 113 for drawing attention to her not having real scum reads? Like this doesn't get any more obvious I don't think.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'll take option E, this doesn't feel like a hugely beneficial avenue of discussion.

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Oh wow, I completely missed that.

I just. The reason Newcomb feels like scum instead based on his level of content it's like ... his commitment. Like, he shouldn't be satisfied with the way the game is going based on his reads, but he doesn't really seem to be doing anything about it. Ever read he makes comes across as "this is kind of town, but they could be mafia for x reasons, shrug." The SR push was kind of an exception, but it was the full burial I was expecting. And it's easy for him to get mad if he feels like people are pushing him for not having a high post count when he knows he'd be in that situation regardless of his alignment.

The town part of that post was this:
    "Well, except for one thing.

I swear to fucking god Vaimes if you burn me for this after JPM, I'm going to stop fucking townshielding you in every game we ever play on general principal. It's about time the favor was returned. And no pussyfooting around, either. You get to town on me, it's your damn turn to hold back the mob with a whip and a chair.

(this is said partly as just kind of... pressure release valve, but assuming you are in fact town, you have to admit that this is not exactly an equitable relationship here.)"
    because yeah, that seems like genuine frustration and a belief that von should clear him.

This bit is probably relevant today:
    "Fable - Pretty massive dropoff D2. I think if he's a wolf here, his team's in a great position? Reading wolfchat in RWBY gave me the impression that Fable, as a wolf, thrives on adversity. I think if like, either of SR/Koalas were a wolf here, or both of them were, he'd be way more present, mixing it up, causing confusion, getting cred. Instead he's just... around. Like, there's just no way wolf!Fable comes in pushing Koalas for an info lynch if either Koalas/SR are wolves with him. It's way too weak."

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    The possibility I'm most interested in is the second one.

Where do you think I went wrong if I did? Out of Stanari, Newcomb, Zack/Reg, Vaimes?

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

4 is more likely than 2 is more likely than 3 is more likely than 1?

I think?

But I mean I TR most of the people on SR's wagon, the notable exceptions being 113 obviously and maybe Newcomb? The longer he doesn't say anything the more I just think he's scum?

10. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Something something that one RWBY wagon that had four scum and one town on it.

11. fontisian

Mah, this post is solid. Also @Newcomb, apologies, I also missed your posts about your busy days. But seriously, I'm not asking for more content. Your content level is fine. I'm asking for you to do something with it. Like, yeah, you thought Kalas was town, but you didn't post a cogent defense and attempt to save him. You thought SR was mafia, so you wrote a big post against him, and then left it at that. Push, dude.

12. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

Newcomb Vaimes Zack/Reg Stan in that order of most likely scum to not.

13. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @fontisian - Yeah, the part you've quoted there is what I'm referring to...I just don't think Newcomb!Scum does that here and to Vaimes of all people here, it makes me pretty confident it's town but at minimum should be enough that he should be off the table for the foreseeable future. I understand what you mean re; his commitment here but I was thinking to myself when following along D1 and part of D2 "If I was in the game with the game moving this fast would I do anything other than state 3-4 town reads, 1 scum read and just hope that others can carry me until it slows down" and I kind of think Newcomb played it in similar manner, his issues re; confidence in reads all feel like it's due to time constraints.

14. fontisian

What the fuck are you saying? Dude. Like.

You're saying wolves were probably spread out. I agree. Therefore, if you are townreading everyone on one wagon except for .113, .113 is probably the wolf on that wagon, and there are likely a bunch of wolves off in the middle of nowhere.

15. Yeti

Yeti Muggle

Cough.

16. fontisian

Agreed to the first part. I think the game isn't moving that fast if you skip a ton of the posts >_>.

Yeti read, please?

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I liked Newcomb's Fable read probably more than anything else in that post and I liked other parts of that post a lot too. Not sure why that particularly stuck with me.

18. Miner

Miner Order Member

Wait. I actually can't find it. I guess I projected my own case onto her? Like I was almost sure that 113's reaction and subsequent agreement with Jari was scummy.

Lynch: Vira

19. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I'm literally saying the opposite.

I think all the wolves were on koalas with the possible exception of owner.

20. fontisian

I mean, the Fable read /could/ have been a hedge for when SR and Kalas flipped town, but that's probably not something scum!Newcomb would have expected to happen the next Day and also the read itself makes a lot of sense for Fable.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That's so dumb.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Just, so, so dumb.