1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Can I report this post for post quality, lol.

2. Secondhand Revenant

Secondhand Revenant Muggle

How is that a derp town clear card? He didn't know an abbreviation for someone's username. That seems pretty believable. It took me a second to figure out what it was.
    --- Post automerged ---
    How is it a strange angle?

Why shouldn't I jump into the current conversation?

What about my read do you find fabricated?

3. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    What scum looks to enter the game already arguing?
    vote cuthalion

4. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Plenty?

5. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Really not understanding 113's reads progression here. Townreading tom because of "yeah ok"? I can sort of squint and see the reasoning for the YVTN read but I still disagree with it.

And I don't understand why he finds SP scummy at all.

Any reason why you're not backing this up with a vote?

Did you read the thread before asking this question? I'm asking because YVTN has made his position clear on me/Vira for a while now, so it's strange to me that you're asking him this.

6. .113

.113 Squib

Because he mentions RVS which isn't a name it's Random Voting stage = he implies he doesn't know YVTN is short for some game term not a name.

It's not "who is YVTN" it's a "technical question" despite being directed to two people. I don't buy it.

if it had been "who is YVTN?" i wouldn't have said a thing or even reacted more than maybe explaining who. Asking the technical question is too derpy.

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Sounds good; I'll extend you the same courtesy (though, I am not as sure on your alignment as you are probably about mine).

I don't think my vote is necessarily a joke vote, but I agree with you in that my vote is accomplishing absolutely nothing productive thus far.

Before I head to sleep, gonna try and poke someone else with sticks.

8. .113

.113 Squib

Tom joins and makes a more casual vote, it's RVS = "yeah ok" is relaxed. Could be calm wolf of course but I merely said it was a more towny vote at first. Posts after that confirms more or less that Tom seems town, in particular the beef with zack seems t/t like I said

9. Secondhand Revenant

Wasn't really thinking of voting right then

10. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Proph, I was talking about your explanation of the selfvote.

11. Secondhand Revenant

Okay. But how does it benefit him? It's not something anyone would town clear him off of, which is what you were suggesting he was doing it for, correct?

12. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Alright, that was enough posts for D1. See you guys D2.

Go wolves.

13. .113

.113 Squib

I disagree, derpclears is a thing

14. Secondhand Revenant

They are. How does this one actually get people to clear him?

15. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

So spicy read on 113:

Take a look at this article here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/11752-11-Effective-Wolf-Hunting-(by-Klopp)

I feel like 113 is trying to apply the "too solvey at the very beginning" or "voting with an actual reasoning" stigma on YVTN, while he's townreading tom for being really casual about RVS.

So this leads me to think that 113 is trying to apply some concepts in this article in this game, which.. combined with his headspace (pretty much the exact opposite of me, which was pretty much true in the WC game) makes me think he is.. somewhat more likely town?

fontisian has played with wolf!113 so I am interested in her input but I like where my read is coming from. 113 - can you confirm if you are trying to apply the principles in this article or not?

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I don't know what's going on. I have, like, 6 scumreads already. This never happens.

17. .113

.113 Squib

To clarify a bit, playing on the whole derpthing is based on at least two things:

1: you look confused and vulnerable, people feel less intimidated by you and will more likely pay more attention to someone else.
    2: "surely he could have asked that i wolf chat" = not wolf ( .... )

it makes you look less wolfy, people will react differently subconciously

18. Secondhand Revenant

That's kind of the most basic dumb level of them that should never be used, honestly. Anyone can fail to be in wolf chat at a particular time to ask things. Makes it minorly more believable that you think this is a thing he tried, but I still think it's entirely out there. It seems easily just as likely to me that he just didn't understand what was meant by it.

19. .113

.113 Squib

Two things are kinda funny with this: 1; i used this exact argument when I was a wolf last game (i'm pretty sure it was last game at least).

and 2: WE played together prophylaxis, so, you should know I play exactly like that as town, skipping the RVS stage. I did it in our championship game, remember? Pretty sure it was in my first post.

Besides RVS is over since it's been going on for hours now and the game is actually being played, did you expect me to come in several hours (21 pages in) and just be like "lol vote X for the lulz" ?

20. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Ehh, I'll leave my vote on Kalas for now, mainly because I want him to participate more instead of making an RVS vote and peacing out + I can't find anyone else who would be a decent candidate for poking at with sticks right now.

Sleep time.