1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I can't believe wei only had 83 posts.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This feels really similar to what Cuth said about Vira.

2. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    A post.

A more interesting sequence of posts.

3. fontisian

The last question was in response to Cuth's naked vote. I think there are a ton of instances in Wei's early posts where he's overly focused on the scum (Miner, Vira, Scott and Cuth) and people's reactions to those scum. A lot of the stuff about town feels tmiing, like his suburb read, which doesn't seem like a townread, or his jari read, which is more of a ? thing.

Unvote
    Vote Shadow

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

This conversation breathed some fun into a joyless game, so congrats fonti/Stanari.

I'm adding "Scumchat nickname reads" to the TONAL MEMES READS tier in GH's rankings.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Are you two both still around? I'm still kind of reading over the burst of posts and want to just like, shoot the shit.

slash potentially offer thoughts, but that's secondary.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Stanari am I going crazy or is that almost literally something Cuth said about Vira as well?

5. fontisian

I'm working out before bed, can respond to things.

6. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    True story: a scumteam on my homesite once went the entire game misspelling one specific user's name. I think it was almost exclusively the scumteam, but it was before my time so I'm not sure.

I'm here for a little bit. If you're going to be around I'll stick around a little longer, but you're definitely getting loopy sleep-drunk Stanari.

7. fontisian

That's what I thought!

8. Newcomb

Eh, no pressure for either of you to stay up, I don't have anything blinding.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah now it's twiggling me enough to check.

9. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    This seems totally plausible but I cannot for the life of me find it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like, he definitely talks about Vira meta but I can't find a post that looks like that.

I didn't look that hard though so lol.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah actually I'm going to bed. Might pop in for a minute before I actually fall asleep but I think non-unhinged Stanari is better for everyone lol.

10. Newcomb

Yeah I read/skimmed the entirety of Cuth's ISO and didn't find it. I think at this point I'm just like, straight up forgetting things or worse remembering things wrong.

Closest I could find was like, similar sentiments. Sorta interesting progressing in how he treats a partner -

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    On the topic of nickname reads >__>

12. Newcomb

@fontisian

The Office - A Mafia Game

When you get a chance tomorrow, look over the second part of this post and let me know what you think, specifically to Miner's mindset making that post to us w/r/t Wei either being knowingly his partner or knowingly town.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also uh. Doubt anything comes of it and it’s just a formality, but mass claim, yeah?

I’m VT.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Stanari

Fun project for you, oh queen of colored votals.

Can you whip me up a list of dya, wei/shadow, and fonti’s votes in isolation? And if possible mark where their votes landed at the end of each Day.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Was just looking over some old stuff. Man I forgot Proph was Bodyguard.

Curious if he died to direct KP or if he crossshot with Zack, but given Zack’s reads at EoD1 it was probably just a direct kill I think?

13. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I don't think there's really a point to massclaim. Tomorrow maybe?

I can do the votes thing sure, but I only have votals so I won't be able to catch multiple vote changes between votals unless I go through their isos by hand.

14. Newcomb

That’s fine. I’m primarily interested in where each of them ended up at EoD each day, the vote movement was just gravy.

Is this the right time to bring up shadow ghosting today and the whole “what could shadow’s game plan possibly be as a wolf here” vs. “stop leveling yourself and just kill wolfy people” thing?

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I don't think you should necessarily be expecting a lateish game replacement into a crumbling wolfteam to even have a plan.

16. Newcomb

I would.

I think this is my biggest takeaway from this game, that I need an extra filter when I’m trying to get into people’s heads, that differentiates between things that are likely in general and likely for me.

Like, I can’t fathom the idea of wolfing without a plan. I’m aware every single moment and every single post of who I’m trying to mislynch or distance from or whatever. I have a running tally of whose votes I need to whip. I think ahead to nightkills and try to suss out PR equity.

I’m not necessarily /good/ at any of that but it’s engrained in my DNA. Every wolf chat I’ve been a part of has been filled with like, “where are we, what kind of day has it been?” “We need to be doing more X” “what if we tried Y” type stuff.

Not that I thought all teams played the same or had the same level of cohesion, but still, looking at how this played out it’s a knob I’ve definitely got to dial back in the future.

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Dya's votes
    D1 - Fable, Fonti, GH (well before consolidation)
    D2 - Yeti, Miner, Koalas (this was around the time we were consolidating onto Koalas/SR, about 200 posts before EOD)
    D3 - Yeti, 113, Vira (I think this was a consolidation vote)
    Until this point, the only really significant pre-EOD wagon Dya was on was GH.
    D4 - 113, Owner (notably, the first vote on Owner!), Miner (lol CFDing scum because you can't get enough votes to maj scum)
    D5 - Owner (lol)
    D6 - Newcomb, Cuth (I think largely a consolidation vote as well)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wei/Shadow's votes
    D1 - 113, Cuth (voted when the wagon was still large, but it collapsed and I don't think he was around to move it)
    D2 - Koalas (decently before consolidation, I think)
    D3 - Vira (fairly early I think)
    D4 - doesn't vote - this is the day Shadow replaces in
    D5 - Owner (the hammering vote)
    D6 - Dyachei (who's never really a hugely viable wagon)

18. Newcomb

Hum. I think that spread looks pretty decent.

I don't remember the D2 vote on Miner; that kind of stands out in there and is worth looking at.

Not super inclined to give a ton of credit for being first on Owner, since, yeah.

The 113 votes are.... interesting? There was a fair amount of "always one and only one between 113 and Miner" sentiment in the thread, though maybe less in reality and more in my memory since that was something I pretty strongly believed in.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ending D1 on Cuth when we had v/v wagons is... concerning.

Might be worth checking his Koalas progression, since he had that super weird, "let's vote Cuth, it'll tell us about Koalas alignment and maybe Cuth is scum lol" thing that people jumped on, so ending on Cuth D1 and then voting Koalas D2 is... odd.

Idk, might be doing a disservice to Wei, but ending on Cuth D1 and being on Vira early (was this before or after Reg's case) is maybe too good a hitrate for someone stuck in perpetual catchup mode.

19. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    After; I don't think anyone voted Vira before Reg's case.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fonti's votes
    D1 - Zack, Koalas, GH (consolidation vote)
    D2 - Newcomb, SR, Koalas (about 200 posts before EOD; not sure if consolidation but I remember her refusing to switch to SR so I assume not)
    D3 - Vira (one vote before Wei!)
    D4 - Cuth, Owner, Miner (again, lolCFDs; also wow perfect votes lol)
    D5 - Owner (surprising absolutely no one)
    D6 - Cuth (first on the wagon etc)

20. fontisian

That flip in accuracy, though.