1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. SwedishSkumbag

SwedishSkumbag Muggle

High Score:
    Based on that meta, perhaps either villager or a wolf who hasn't decided to bus yet.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wow, that's quick
    --- Post automerged ---
    Freaking system....How did i disable it again?

2. Zack

Zack Squib

Switch to the plain text editor.

3. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What's your reasoning behind that read? I'm curious because so far I haven't seen anyone else beside you also scumread her.

I skimmed her ISO and it just looks strange to me. Her recent posts have been more constructive, but she's still oscillating between "lolrandom" and generally lackluster posts. Haven't really seen her demonstrate any sort of thought process or decisive reads. Looks rather lazy tbh, like someone not invested in solving the game. Leaning even more wolf on her.

????????? What's with those groundless votes? Aren't we out of RVS by now? Can I ask about the reasoning behind that vote?

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fable I was like.. half joking at best with my question. Last game together you were high strung. One poke from quitting high strung. You this game feels like he came off a two month vacation. Why has your approach changed?

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I mean, yeah, there's the obvious possible mafia motivation for him. I think though, if we go back to Newcomb's point about Miner crystalling reads, he has this solid idea of how scum!Newcomb might approach the game ans Newcomb's opening was very much not that.

6. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

I've given reasoning a few times on her.

Ctrl-F Vira in my ISO.

7. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Of Stanari being birdlike.

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    This probably deserves a longer answer than I can give while I'm at work but here's the abridged version.

Part of it has to do with how the past few games on here have gone for me (hint: not great) and me trying to change that.

The other reason has to do with more general play style things that I think work better for me. For example I'm not particularly great d1 and I know that and instead of struggling to meet expectations I'm trying to strengthen my play on subsequent days instead. You'll see what I mean by this later.

9. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

How active is end of day here? Is there a CFD culture? Or does the (horrible) voting system force wagons to be made earlier and eod is just watching them go by?

10. ScottPress

High Score:
    Fair enough, I'll take a look. Just thought it's clearer if people give at least a brief overview for votes in the vote post.

11. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

It's a little tiring to restate the same reasoning over and over, even if I understand (and agree) with you (I'm just lazy).

Boils down to: Awkward posting, strange focus/lot of tiny relatively pointless questions.

12. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Can you give me an example of a lolrandom / lackluster / not constructive / not interested in solving post?

[​IMG]

I heard someone once started a successful CFD on their partner. By accident.

13. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Does anyone read GH villager so far?

14. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Games on DLP as the sole reason or as more of a catalyst?

Funnily enough its both, in the messiest mish mash you can imagine.

15. yeavoxxtalknah

yeavoxxtalknah Muggle

Chaos GOAT. Should be fun then.

16. fontisian

Hmm.

You made a point about me being agressive and not talking much. This was based off a post where I was deliberately not being agressive, and, ironically, makes me want to bury you.

You've said I havent posted much amd that's scummy, yet in my scum game against you I was consistently a (and sometimes the) top poster. In my town game with you, though it was 2 years ago, I was not. Your stance doesnt match your experience and thus seems made up.

You say I'm attacking you for rnpt questioning yoir reads, and rightly point out that doesn't make sense at the very beginning of the game. What I'm actually pointing out is that you aren't asking questions at all.

In the backup game on D1, two thirds of your content posts were questions, most of them being very insightful amd leasinf into, but not directly pointing at, your later conclusions. Here, there's just some conclusions, full stop.

I think your consistent attempts to twist my points into something easy to defend (while possibly a result of your own bias) are scummy and indicative of an ingenuine attempt to gamesolve.

I understand dya's concerns, I think, as I imitated my town game as scum with a turbo with her recently, and consider her scunread to be a complement of that imitation. However, I am not scum, and i would appreciate it if she turned an equally suspicious eye towards Zack.

I'm also curious if @Prophlyaxis ever checked on the game I linked.

And, now I'll catch up.

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    @Koalas

DLP as the sole reason for the first part.

Second thing is just something I realized on my own independent from everything else.

18. fontisian

I'll also point out that it's also both rude and dumb in a game where half the people always aren't going to get it.

19. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Scott Analysis.

Hi, I would like to make a complaint that quoting posts doesn't quote the posts that post quoted. Please reset forums and put that back, thx.

Thirty-one posts total. Has less than I’d expect? Going over them, only five are fluff (16%) and the rest are Scott Actually Doing Things (84%). I kind of don’t want to imagine what Vaimes’ fluff/doing stuff ratio is if he has over forty-four.

I went back to Scott’s first and only other game, Hannibal Mafia in that far away time of 2015. He was town and replaced out after D1 and so only has a total of thirty-four posts. Six were fluff (18%), leaving the rest 82%, which is a perfectly smooth comparison if there wasn’t two years between the games.

Just out of curiosity, why did you choose me to random vote?

NAI.

Kind of an eh question, but apparently I ask eh questions.

This is what I was talking about to why I disliked the Stanari wagon. FWI, Scott, don’t question people when they refuse to explain why they vote for someone. They could be trying to see the person’s reaction to being voted, which can rattle some scum. But since you’re pretty new, this is an okay post.

Agree with others that the frown is weird. Overwriting since without the frown the post would read the same. It says Scott wants people to know that he finds it super weird, guyz.

Fence-sitting.

The fact that Scott missed why the frown was odd is… towny I guess?

I’ve read this post five times and my head is still tilting off my neck. I can’t follow it at all.

Scott writes in weird vague statements that he takes back as soon as someone looks at them funny. Or I guess I’m the one insane apparently.

Went over these. Please see every other post of mine for details.

It’s like you’re talking loudly to the room at large. It feels fake.

We have like over six hundred posts now? Yeah, answer questions, but can you do more than that than concentrating on old stuff like Stanari ISOs and stuff you always talk about?

[​IMG]

Vote: Scott.

@ScottPress

Give me reads on Cuth and SR and the debate they got into this morning. Also I still expect the Stanari ISO.

20. ScottPress

High Score:
    @Stanari

It's gonna look ugly because there's no multi-quote in ISO view, but here you go.

Just from recent posts. #819, #815, #785, #768 - quoting a lot, not adding a lot yourself. Posts look busy, but are low effort.

Huh?

A lot of one, two-liner posts. Granted, some are legit answers to questions, but I feel like you're being passive, content to bounce off other people when they ask about sth, but not really coming out with your own initiative. Like you're too comfortable and trying to spin up, but a bit too slowly. For someone who's been posting consistently since game start, your ISO seems to lack substantial content.