1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Evening all.

Kinda amused by how many people are calling Visor "Suburb".

2. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I swear that every time I've seen someone go "I hate Day 1s" they've ended up being town.

I am now wondering if this is a lazy read I can apply to GH.

3. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I didn't go to all the effort of writing out my reads for people to not read them :(

Ask me when I wake up or I will forget.

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I am technically caught up, in that my eyes have more or less taken in every single post. Whether or not I retained any of that information is a separate issue.

But yeah, my towncircle was given, my vote is on Cuthalion, goodnight. If people have questions, I'll check in again in like, five or so hours. After that, I'll be out until tomorrow night.

5. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

More busy work than normal or more than just busy work?

6. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Man Vaimes I sort of wanted to interact with you while you were up.

Question: What were you attempting early game with your interaction with me? Can you clear that up/give more detail on it?

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

Can you point to something specific and why you townread him for it?

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Just busy work. She likes pretty things, like numbers.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yo, Miner, did I miss Jari mafia reading you?

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

"tom is town. miner read tom as town. town!miner can't read tom correctly. Therefore miner is scum"

-Jari

I died for about 2 minutes.

10. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I was townreading tom/YVTN that early? I was more interested as to why they were booing at me on from the sidelines because of my RVS vote moreso than actually attempting to engage/talk with me.

11. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I mean, that's probably the best read so far.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh apologies, misread this. She's doing more than just busy work.

12. .113

.113 Squib

Ok im off to slee
    Yeah sorry, your vote just felt rvs not alignment indicative in any way, thats Why i didn't bring it up

13. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Apparently I missed some Newcomb posts so I'll go ahead and address those.

First off, Newcomb - is there a reason why you're taking this read on me like I'm sort of an inanimate object? I am an actual human being and someone you can direct questions to if you are confused about my early game progress.

I appreciate the depth and nuance you are going for in this read of me but the problem is I'm not a wolf so your "If Proph's a wolf Vira is town" read kind of falls flat. You do have a scary intuition of how I /would/ play as wolf though, despite never playing a game where I was one. I think I would definitely call a townie town as my first read of the game if I was scum, mainly because it feels safe.

Fair enough RE: the awkwardness in RVS. I'm personally more of a "let's throw down and play the game" type person and not a jokester/a player who likes to have fun in RVS type player, so I think I did show my initial awkwardness there.

I don't buy that this is a real read you have.

Like, tom, you're scumreading me, but you haven't addressed many of my later posts at all and just been scumreading me because of.. my first post? There's no progression there.

Where does it come off in that post that I thought tom/YVTN were town?

Honestly, if I rolled wolf this game I really would not know what to do. But I'm just trying to approach this like a normal game despite the star-studded playerlist. I haven't played a game on DLP in a year, last game I played was the one I replaced in as SK and got lynched, and I don't think I was super active/invested in that game. This game, I have a fair amount of time to sink into and I do want to genuinely do my best, but I'm still prioritizing RL obligations over mafia because I've done the reverse for a number of years and it's not fun.

Right now I've been loving the activity in this game but the con to that is that I've been stuck in perpetual catch-up mode which I do not like. I feel like I've been thinking about this game more from a macro perspective than a micro one if that makes sense, where I have a lot of posts and players just jumbled up in my head but not really stopping to think about any specific ones quite hard yet. Then again, there is still a lot of time left in the Day so I can wait.

I'm not really sure what the point of this post is but shrug.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vaimes feels different this game than he has in the last couple of games I've played with him.

I'm trying to figure out though if it's just Vaimes being Very Overwhelmed with all the posting or Vaimes might just be scum.

It feels like he lacks.. depth? Low effort village circle, very surface level read on Newcomb. "Hi Newcomb, I like your read on Proph, here's some town points". That... does not fit of what I know of Vaimes and how he treats Newcomb.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Basically what I'm trying to think about right now is "is this how Vaimes plays when he isn't on MTGS and is overwhelmed, or is it how he plays when he's scum?"

I'll ruminate on that when I'm asleep.

Night guys. Expect a reads list from me tomorrow, because I want to figure out where I'm exactly standing on and how I feel about all of you.

14. Zack

Zack Squib

Yes, I am Zack on MU.

15. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Newcomb I'll get to you tomorrow wrt intertwining reads.

For some reason my 100ppp just loves to skip over your posts.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

Before I sleep I wanted to just clear up one thing wrt Scott.

I remember thinking that he was being pretty self-aware and/or defensive earlier on in the game but thinking that it wasn't very AI for a newer player and then my eyes kind of glazed over the Scott v. Vira war of walls or whatever so can someone explain the thread consensus town thing? Kind of want peace of mind and a starting point to look at tomorrow (Vira).

17. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Oh my lord I'm being townread by miner AND Vaimes.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Still don't care about fonti v Zack but I think Zack is winning.

In other news I'm ride or die with fable now.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sorry, who are you?

If you're from mu, I would say this playstyle is closer to my town play in mashes than anything else since I'm just giving opinions on what sticks out to me and poking and joking. Pretty significantly less trolly than my "natural" style, less reaction baiting, less wifom. I'm just gonna say it less fun.
    I kinda think I'm pretty readable right now and am being read correctly so that's good.

Hard to answer that question when I don't know how you know me. Are you thinking of toptiertom maybe?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yes I was. Yes I do.

I think you are overusing twtbaw this game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Prophylaxis
    My progression is I keep reading your posts and keep wanting to lynch you.

18. tsaiah

tsaiah Squib

Um...fix’d that for you.

I stared at that first post for a good five minutes trying to parse it.

@ Miner Okay, so...you’re essentially saying you don’t think Newcomb as scum would be willing to break his town meta...and that’s what you think he’s doing here? Am I reading that right?

I feel like there's like, a sort of quiet confidence going on behind these (as he’s arguing with Awaclus, hue). And I kinda like it.

Posts 325-336, non-inclusive (someone hit me up if they know how to link postnumbers on here easier than urls): sequence of interactions between Zack and Cuth

@ Cuth Hi Cuth! Do you have any better grasp of a read on Zack now, after talking with him here (or later for that matter)? How about on Fonti, since then?

@ Zack I reread this sequence a bit trying to figure out what was vaguely odd about it, and finally realized it was that iirc you just kinda…sound different here, than you do earlier. Like, less abrasive, maybe more appeally? Is that a factor of who you’re talking to, or what you’re talking about, or something else, do you know?

I’m unsure a scum!Stanari starts this fight, this way and this early, without having established towncred first?

Also think Stan might be having fun here. And I vaguely like that she seems to be looking for whether certain other people might also be...
    --- Post automerged ---
    'Kay, I vastly overestimated my capacity for catching up tonight before falling asleep. xD Back tomorrow to pick up from here.

19. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Hey tsaiah! I mean, I could say that I think he's town more than I did earlier, but I learned that I have no idea on what to actually read him so just opting for sheer paranoia and saying he's a null read.

20. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

SR is town for unobjectionableness.