1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Official (Unofficial) Skyrim Mod List

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Lutris, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Well, I might be of some help there. I have a mid-tier gaming rig with a CPU clocked at 3.33GHz, 8GB of RAM (Skyrim can only use 4GB anyway), running a Nvidia GPU (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560Ti). I've installed a hellovalot of texture enhancers, run most settings on High, and run poloENB, which is an ENB profile arranged by a Japanese fellow that IMO blows most other shit out of the water in terms of both performance and prettiness.

Have some screens:
    EDIT: Click the thumbnails for the full-sized images.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TBH, you can probably make a rig that can run at least this level of graphics now for less than a grand, provided you've already got a decent monitor. The Z77 mobos run pretty damn cheap lately, and if you're willing to spend a bit you can probably find a good deal on a decent processor to boot.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  2. Beonid

Beonid Seventh Year DLP Supporter

What's your framerate like, Lutris? Fairly solid? I had a 560 Ti myself, but didn't actually try too many texture mods, because they recommended more than 1GB of VRAM.

3. Lutris

As long as I keep all the effects to my ENB (ENB series 0.146 enables a whole slew of effects like reflective surfaces) I get sexy graphics at minimal frame rate loss - in low-density areas I get 45+, and in high-density areas like Whiterun or Riften, I get hit up with 20~25 fps.

Texture mods are no sweat unless you go and have really far draw distance settings, but just find a sweet spot and jiggle them around.

4. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Man, Lutris. You take such an awesome set-up of graphics mods and ruin the whole thing with a plastic Barbie doll facelift. :<

5. Lutris

Lies and slander!

But yeah. I've since found a better one that I actually like that doesn't change her face to an unrecognizably bad degree (link has NSFW images since the mod includes body textures so take care). Makes her look older too, which is good for RP purposes in that I can say that she's been with the Companions for a decade before dragons start coming out of the woodwork.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Omg... does want so bad. I'll install if I ever finish this SKyrim run, which was a restart of my first game. Hell I've gotten like a hundred hours in between pirate version and legit version, and I've barely gone down the main quest path.

7. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    SO. This is a necro, but it's going to be totally relevant.

Some of these are in the original post, but a fair few are not.

I've decided to do a writeup on what I think are the best/most important skyrim mods, and why. Along with links to all of them.

1. SkyUI The best mod for Skyrim. Bar None. Takes the Console-optimized UI and makes it 10000% more PC friendly. Cannot recommend fiercely enough.

2. Categorized Favorites Menu Like SkyUI, the entire point of this mod is to make the UI more PC friendly/efficient. Though this one focuses entirely on the Favorites Menu. I think you're all smart enough to figure that out, though.

Note: If you're going to use this one with Skyrim Redone or Apocalypse Spell Package, you'll need a Compatibility Patch. This is the one I use, but there are others out there.

3. Unofficial Skyrim/Dawnguard/Hearthfire/Dragonborn patches. They fix an assload of bugs that make playing through Skyrim LOADS better.

4. A Quality World Map - With Roads Self Explanatory. A 3D, high quality worldmap. Very useful and much better than Vanilla.

5. The Dance of Death If you're a Melee player, The Dance of Death is for you. It re-enables a host of ignored/unenabled Killmoves in Skyrim's files. With several options about how to access them. Either Perk based, or freely.

6. T3nd0's Skyrim Redone Massive Skyrim overhaul that is centered around the Perk system, and then branches out to affect nigh everything either directly or indirectly related to Perks. As well as a large amount of non-perk-related things. Improves and changes so many things in so many great ways that I could write about it for entire pages worth. But instead I'll just recommend you read the mod description and give it my hearty approval.

Warning: WILL make the game more difficult and the combat more varied. But in a much more interesting way than just 'They have more health and you do less damage while they do more damage.'

7. Ultimate Follower Overhaul Gives you much greater control over your followers, really quite fantastic. Also includes MULTIPLE followers at a time. So if you want more than one, you can totally do that now! Though I don't, personally.

8. Deadly Dragons Dragons will rape your face again. Adds new varieties of dragons (if you want, there's a lorefriendly version if you don't), the ability to have dragons come after you more often, to make dragons tougher, smarter, and hit harder. All very customizable in a mod menu that can be accessed in game.

9. Apocalypse Spell Package Lets face it, Vanilla Skyrim's Magic is.. badly balanced and somewhat boring. This spell-mod adds 130+ new spells, though, to be honest, some of them are pretty freaking OP. Still, many of the spells are flat out awesome. It made playing a Mage interesting again for me.

10. Convenient Horses OMG. A horse that doesn't charge into battle and get it's ass killed! OMG, a horse that you can summon if you lose it. OMG, a horse that monsters ignore. Very highly customizable mod that makes horses so so so so much better.

I personally use a lot more mods than this, some of which are really great. But this is just a personal top-ten list. I'll add in more if people are interested or if I feel like it, later. Each one of these mods is expertly crafted and really adds something to the Skyrim experience. If you're thinking about another playthrough, I can't really think of a reason to exclude any of them.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  8. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So, a bit late to the party, but I've finally got a computer where I can pretty much add any amount of mods I like and not see any performance dip. So of course, the first thing I did was look into making people naked.

This is more complex that it first appeared, because not only do you have to find a nude body mod, you also have to make it look good, make it move right, and mod the clothing to actually show off the changes you made. So I spent almost all of yesterday fiddling with mods to get things working right, and in particular finding body and clothes meshes that responded to the sliders in the character creation screen.

My first attempt, using the CBBE nude body mod, was just a fixed body that couldn't be adjusted in any way. I then tried a CCBE advanced variant, the CBBE Bodyslide (which includes a host of additional sliders for character creation), but I couldn't get this to work with the character creation slides either, I think because, while the body was responsive to sliders, the clothes meshes weren't.

So I eventually switched to a UNP-based body. This is a slightly more realistic shape, but has far less in the way of clothing meshes made for it. Still, I'm happy with the result:

[​IMG]

NSFW album.

So, what mods was I using? Quite a few.

Pre-requisites:

Skyrim Script Extender (SKSE) (Steam Store)
    Fores New Idles in Skyrim
    Showracemenu precache killer

General mods (not directly related to the body):

Unofficial Skyrim Patch
    Static Mesh Improvement Mod
    Enhanced Lights and FX
    SkyUI
    Falskaar

The body itself:

Enhanced Character Edit
    Dimonized UNP Body (Base)
    SG Female Textures Renewal
    The Eyes of Beauty (player and NPC)
    Apachii SkyHair - Female Pack (cannot stress how much good hair improves the look of the character)

Physics to get the body non-static:

HDT Physics extensions
    XP32 Maximum skeleton
    Realisitc Ragdolls and force
    HDT Breast and Butt physics
    UNP HDT-PE BBP TBBP - UNP HDT-PE BBP (this is a UNP body compatible skeleton that allows HDT animations)

Clothing:

UNP Minidresses collection (HDT version for compatibility with the physics)
    UNP Minidresses HD textures (same link as above)
    UNP Minidresses No panties (same link as above)

I was in two minds about the physics, because it's a bit too bouncy and jiggly, especially the butt. But in the end I decided that too much bounce was better than a rigid character model, and it's not so bad if you make a relatively lithe character. Also, because I haven't changed the vanilla armour meshes, just the clothes ones, if you're wearing armour there's no jiggle (which makes sense).

Still, the excess jiggle does annoy me, so I might try HDT Bounce and Jiggle as a replacement for HDT Breast and Butt Physics, as it is reportedly more restrained. Fortunately I think I already have all the pre-requisites so can just install it without worrying too much about load order. I also need to get a mod that has physics work on the hair, which is too static.

I'm keeping an eye out for new UNP-compatible clothing that's relatively lore-friendly. The minidresses collection, though it sounds like modern clothing, is actually just skimpier versions of the vanilla clothes (you can see the skimpy version of the roughspun tunic in the album above). It would be nice if someone were to adjust the armour meshes to match the UNP body type without changing the design of the armour (i.e. no bikini mail).

Also will probably add a cloaks mod to the list in the near future.

I think I've put all the mods in the correct order for installation, but it goes without saying that you should read all of the instructions/compatibility details to make sure. Also because lots of them have different versions and you should download the version that suits your preferences.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  9. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Skyrim Special Edition was just released. I think it was mainly some graphics and engine upgrades. But the interesting thing is you get it for free if you own the base game and the old dlc. So that was cool of them. It's a new game though, so mod won't transfer over, and some game saves might be iffy if it wasn't from an unmodded game.

10. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

For Skyrim Special Edition im running the following mods, all of them worked right away with the exception of Vivid Weathers which bugged the skyline into total darkness.

1. Unoffical Skyrim Specail Edition Patch
    2. Ars Metallica
    3. Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim
    4. Apoclaypese- Magic of Skyrim
    5. Relationship Dialogue Overhaul
    6. Book Covers of Skyrim
    7. Reberb and Ambiance Overhaul
    8. Immersive Sounds- Comprehensive Overhaul
    9. Open Cities of Skyrim
    10. Diverse Dragons Collection
    11. Immersive Patrols II
    12. Point The Way
    13. Realistic Death Physics
    14. Imperious- Races of Skyrim
    15. Chesko Lore Based Loading Screens
    16. SMIM
    17. Alternate Start - Live another Life
    18. Weightless
    19. Cutting Room Floor
    20. XPMSE
    21. The Paarthumax Dilemma
    22. Better Vampires
    23. Wildcat- Combat of Skyrim
    24. Sky TEST Realistc Animal behaviou
    25. Skyrim Flora Overhaul

The game runs great, the perk overhaul and combat mods make it a totally new game. Animals are much more dangerous now, even on lower difficulties. Wildcat changes stagger from a camera shake to a full knockdown and adds injuries, AI is also much better and harder to abuse.

11. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Now that I've got a new hard drive and gpu, I'm thinking I'll finally get back into Skyrim.

Which do you guys suggest, Skyrim Legendary Edition or the new Skyrim SE?

I've heard the new one is a lot more stable because they upgraded it to 64-bit, but I've also heard a lot of mods haven't been ported over yet.

12. bolko7

bolko7 Second Year DLP Supporter

There is no SKSE yet for new Skyrim, if you need any mod that use it then you should wait.

13. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The SSE looks a lot better than the old Skyrim and is massively more stable, but it has barely any mods, and none of the big, complex ones that require script extender or such. If you're fine with no mods or some simple ones, get the Special Edition. If you're a mod junkie used to 200+ mods, either wait a few months or play the old version.

14. Tairi-chan

Tairi-chan Squib

High Score:
    I can recommend:
    Lightning Final Fantasy 13 - in Skyrim by sanul17
    Enhanced Character Edit by ECE team
    Skyrim Beautiful Followers - SBF by hrk1025
    Better Females by Bella
    CBBE (by Caliente) & UNP (by dimon99) body replacers
    Characters in Skyrim are so ugly, that I can't even play this game without this kind of mods.

15. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Those of you on SE probably already know this, but this thread on Reddit has a good number of mods for SSE that are quite useful. The lack of SKSE64 does hamper mod creation, particularly since it means no SkyUI, but we should have SKSE by March sometime, so that's something.

Mods that I prefer

You have the commonly known mods like
    Unofficial Patch
    Quality World Map
    Cutting Room Floor
    Static Mesh Improvement Mod

EnaiSiaion (sp?) has a ton of mods that work quite well together or apart, overhauls of various aspects of the game.
    Ordinator - Perks
    Aurora - Standing Stones
    Apocalypse - Spells
    Imperious - Races
    Summermyst - Enchantments
    Sacrosanct - Vampires
    Thunderchild - Shouts
    There's one for combat too, and maybe others, but these are the ones I use.

Aside from that,
    Improved Dragon Priest Masks SE
    UNP
    Total Character Makeover
    Unique Uniques
    Relationship Dialogue Overhaul
    Open Cities
    Sovngarde Font Replacer - I highly recommend this one, it looks much better than the default font
    Immersive Armors
    Immersive Citizens
    Better Dialogue Controls
    Better Messagebox Controls

16. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Figured I'd bump this with my mod list and some screenshots...
    Screenshots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Active Mod Files:
    [xml]
    00 Skyrim.esm
    01 Update.esm
    02 Dawnguard.esm
    03 Hearthfires.esm
    04 Dragonborn.esm
    05 Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp [Version 4.1.9]
    06 BSAssets.esm
    07 BSHeartland.esm
    08 BS_DLC_patch.esp
    09 Paradise_City_RESOURCES.esm
    0A ApachiiHair.esm
    0B LegacyoftheDragonborn.esm
    0C RigmorCyrodiil - Sounds.esm
    0D RigmorCyrodiil - Textures.esm
    0E EFFCore.esm
    0F AnnaNPCs.esp
    10 AnnaNPCs-WhiteWaterInn-BBL-Patch.esp
    11 AnnaNPCs-Meadery-Undeath-Patch.esp
    12 RigmorCyrodiil.esm
    13 BBLuxurySuite.esm
    14 Campfire.esm

17 RaceCompatibility.esm
    18 LCHB_HomeBase.esm
    19 Blowing in the Wind SSE.esp
    1A SMIM-SE-Merged-All.esp
    1B Blowing in the Wind - SMIM Merged All Patch SSE.esp

1D SkyUI_SE.esp
    1E NorthernGrass.esp
    1F EnhancedLightsandFX.esp
    20 Dark_Forests.esp
    21 S3DTrees NextGenerationForests.esp
    22 iNeed.esp
    23 iNeed - Extended.esp
    24 Undeath.esp
    25 Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp
    26 TrueStormsSE.esp
    27 dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
    28 Cutting Room Floor.esp [Version 3.1.4]
    29 Obsidian Weathers.esp
    2A EmbersHD.esp
    2B 1nivWICCloaks.esp [Version 2.4]
    2C DeadlySpellImpacts.esp
    2D Joy of Perspective.esp
    ++ BlendedRoads.esp
    2E mintylightningmod.esp
    2F WondersofWeather.esp
    ++ RUSTIC SOULGEMS - Sorted.esp
    30 mathys_resources.esp
    31 FNIS.esp
    32 icepenguinworldmapclassic.esp
    33 tpos_ultimate_esm.esp
    34 SOTFull.esp
    35 Rigmor.esp
    36 JS Barenziah SE - Johnskyrim.esp
    ++ S3DRocks.esp
    37 Smoking Torches And Candles.esp
    ++ True Storms - Obsidian Weathers - Patch .esp
    38 SOSRaceMenu.esp
    39 RaceMenu.esp
    3A XPMSE.esp
    3B RaceMenuPlugin.esp
    3C Perfect Legionnaire - Troops Re-equipment.esp
    3D FranklyHDImperialArmorsAndWeapons.esp
    ++ BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp
    40 Beards.esp
    41 Castle Volkihar Rebuilt.esp [Version 2.0.4]
    42 CollegeOfWinterholdImmersive.esp
    43 The Great Cities - Minor Cities and Towns.esp
    44 JKs Skyrim.esp
    45 Grand Admiral Thrawn - Skyrim.esp
    46 Invasion of Skyrim.esp
    47 LC_Citadel.esp
    48 Skyrim Immersive Creatures Special Edition.esp [Version v6.6a]
    ++ EBT - IC PATCH.esp
    49 GreatWarSkyrim.esp
    4A S3DLandscapes NextGenerationForests.esp
    4B Obsidian Mountain Fogs.esp
    4C Solitude Expansion.esp
    4D Morrowloot.esp
    4E Undriel_QuaintRavenRock.esp
    4F OBIS SE.esp
    50 Immersive Weapons.esp
    51 Bijin NPCs.esp
    52 Bijin Warmaidens.esp
    53 Bijin Wives.esp
    54 Improved Eyes Skyrim.esp
    ++ RichMerchantsSkyrim_x10.esp
    55 Serana.esp
    56 NoBSAIProjectileDodge.esp
    ++ OBIS SE - SoT Bandit Patch.esp
    ++ SkyrimIsWindy.esp
    57 Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim.esp
    58 3PCOFull.esp
    59 CCO - Diverse Races And Genders.esp
    5A CCO - Dynamic Skill Progression.esp
    5B CCO - Oblivion Carry Weights.esp
    5C Character Creation Overhaul.esp
    5D CWICRFSEPatch.esp
    5E InigoPerkPointGiver.esp
    5F Moonlight Tales Special Edition.esp [Version 1.35]
    60 TKDodge.esp
    61 Fantasy Soundtrack Project - Combat.esp
    62 Fantasy Soundtrack Project.esp
    63 TERAArmorsSSE.esp
    64 LKVM by Nimee - Part I_ SE.esp
    65 Hunting in Skyrim.esp
    66 OpulentThievesGuild.esp
    67 Man Those Borders!.esp
    68 Serana Dialogue Edit.esp
    69 0Kaidan.esp
    6A Settlements Expanded SE.esp
    6B SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
    6C skyBirds_SSE.esp
    6D HearthfireMultiKid.esp
    6E RomanceOfNPCs.esp
    6F The Brotherhood of Old.esp
    70 EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp
    71 EMViljaInSolstheimAddOn.esp
    72 LKVM by Nimee - Part II_SE.esp
    73 Aurlyn.esp
    74 HF_Lakeview_AvantGarden_EX.esp
    75 Wintersun - Faiths of Skyrim.esp
    76 FlowerGirls SE - Wintersun.esp
    77 CFTO.esp
    78 JK's Riverwood.esp [Version 1.3d]
    79 Tel Mithryn.esp
    7A Inigo.esp
    7B Paradise_City_Merged.esp
    7C BecomeKingofSkyrim.esp
    7D Immersive Patrols II.esp
    7E CaesiaFollower.esp
    80 Frostfall.esp
    82 Skysan_ELFX_SMIM_Fix.esp
    83 S3DSigns.esp
    84 Provincial Courier Service.esp [Version 4.0.4]
    85 CCO - Permanent Birthsigns.esp
    86 Recorder Follower Base.esp
    87 RigmorCyrodiilPatch.esp
    88 FlowerGirls SE - Adventures.esp
    89 Convenient Horses.esp
    8A SamuraiBlades.esp
    8B Lucien.esp
    8C ThievesGuildLadder.esp
    8D naruto overhaul.esp
    8E UchihaClan.esp
    8F Blowing in the Wind - JK's Riverwood Patch SSE.esp
    90 Heart of Thunder - Ragnarok Edition.esp
    91 My Home Is Your Home.esp
    93 Sneak Tools.esp
    94 DudestiaMultiMarriages.esp
    95 BBLuxurySuiteENM.esp
    96 LycHairstyler.esp
    ++ LycHairstylerFG.esp
    97 DBM_CWIPatch.esp
    98 Tainted_Blood.esp
    99 Better Vampires.esp
    9A RaceCompatibilityUSKPOverride.esp
    ++ Sneak Tools - Embers HD Patch.esp
    9B Sneak Tools Vanilla Hoods.esp
    ++ Sneak Tools Vanilla Masks.esp
    9C Aesthetic Elisif.esp
    9D ThievesGuildLadder_Patch_OTG.esp
    9E AllThievesGuildJobsConcurrently.esp
    9F GreatWarSkyrimDGPatch.esp
    A0 Less Tedious Thieves Guild.esp
    A1 SamuraiBladesWeapons.esp
    A2 BetterStaffofMagnus.esp
    A3 SINful CBP.esp
    A4 TimingIsEverything.esp
    A5 True Scholar.esp
    A6 UltimateDragons.esp
    A7 EFFDialogue.esp
    A9 hmkLockOn.esp [Version 0.3.5]
    AA HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp
    AB Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp
    AC Apocalypse - Magic of Skyrim.esp
    AD CWIOrdinatorPatchSSE.esp
    AE Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp [Version 4.0.9]
    AF ELFX Fixes.esp
    B0 BBLS-ASLAL.esp
    B1 RealisticWaterTwo.esp
    ++ RealisticWaterTwo - Beyond Skyrim Bruma.esp
    B2 Bashed Patch, 0.esp
    [/xml]

17. VanRopen

VanRopen Headmaster

Fuck you Arthellion, I refuse to reinstall and re-mod Skyrim. You’re not dragging me back to that hell.

18. Arthellion

High Score:
    But...Lydia...
    [​IMG]

Or Aela...
    [​IMG]

Or thor...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Microwave

Microwave Professor

Arthellion I'm not installing a mod that makes all the models anime characters for fuck's sake.

20. Arthellion

High Score:
    Huh
    Honestly don’t really see the anime influence if you’re talking about the chicks

There are mod to make the models look anime, but this was one of the more realistic beautification mods out there. Their faces were done by bjinns mod

As for male, I like the akaviri culture in elder scrolls. *shrug*