1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Other Side of Hell by Master Slytherin - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Master Slytherin, Aug 1, 2005.

?

How much would you rate this fic?

1. Outstanding

76.5%
  2. Exceeds Expectations

14.8%
  3. Acceptable

5.3%
  4. Poor

0.8%
  5. Dreadful

2.5%
  1. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

It could be his mom.

Zabini family tree:
    blaise grandparents --> Only one child(Girl)(Blaise mother) - third son of another family. (does not become the head of the house) --> Blaise(head of the Zabini family).

I don’t know if this explanation is any good but I hope you get the picture. Or I misunderstood what you said completely.

2. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

That's an excellent way of making it his mum! I'm surprised no-one else picked up on that point; people usually nitpick to a ridiculous level. Oh well!

Have you checked out my new story? Vox of Vicis?

3. Zevrillion

No, I haven’t had the time and I have been reading a little bit of Roswell and Stargate fanfic but I will have to take a look at it. Seeing as I have liked your other stories it will be interesting to read “Vox of Vicis”.

4. Master Slytherin

5. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Second Year

damn I wish I could find that source that proved that Bellatrix is older then Narcissa, Sirius James and them.... but this isn't cannon so it's not like it would matter. I'm just sort of rambling

anyway over all a fairly good chapter as for the polls
    For first I vote for Harry/Many and then ending in either Lily or Bella and for the otherpoll... I don't care

6. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

That doesn't feel right. I assumed that Narcissa was older and around Lucius's age (who is around 40 (which is not middle aged because Wizards and witches live to be between 150-200 according to JK which means that....um, my head hurts)

7. Zevrillion

Who is this None person. I didn’t think you would add an OC. Is she a muggle or a witch?

No, just kidding. I am not that stupid.

I would rather have a Harry/None than a Harry/Many fic.

It just too unromantic for my taste with a Harry/Many pairing. Not that it should be like those stupid Hary/Ginny fics out there but it cheapens our golden boy with a Harry/Many pairing.

Please reconsider and make it a Harry/Lily or Harry/Bella. If not that, I say Harry/None.

I liked the chapter by the way. Can’t wait for more.

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Actually you can infer it... Based on the ages of other characters... If she spent 14 years in Azkaban for the torture of the Longbottoms, and by that point had been Serving Voldemort for a significant chunk of time... And was also mid-20's by her description in the book, she would have had to have been at a minimum 5 years older than Harry's parents who were close to the same age as Barty Crouch Jr.

At leas thats how I think it would work... But like you said its not cannon so it doesn't matter.

9. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Harry/Bella

10. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I don't mind Harry/Many as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

I can see Harry/2 Girls... But after that the story usually gets really crappy.

11. Zevrillion

It better than slash for sure but I prefer Harry/1 girl. It’s more realistic and you take it more seriously.

Harry/2 girls is just the male version of the female slash obsession.

12. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I agree. But as a guy, I still like Harry 2 girls. :D

13. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Your right, most of them are. However every now and then a good one pops up.

14. Master Slytherin

Your review actually made me laugh out loud Zev!

As for Bella being older, well, my defence is that this fic is AU :D

I'm pulling my hair out over whether to have Harry as a student or teacher.

Student: He gets to integrate, I get to pull twist after twist :twisted: , he convinces people to go to the light, he teaches people to defend themselves, attention won't be drawn to himself from any side.

Teacher: Gets more leaway, easier to write, more mature (I suppose).

Argh! Can people add to any of the lists? I want to decide before I start writing the next chapter.

As for Tonks dying, if anyone is outraged; this is a VERY important part of the story which I had in mind since Flame offered me to take his fic (I actually was thinking of it while reading the original). He has to let go of his past now; he needs to grow stronger emotionally.

Romance won't be an important part of the story and after last chapter, does anyone think Harry's going to be dating anytime soon?

Only 1 person commented on my Sirius scene when I thought it was the best I'd ever written! oh well...

The aftermath of Tonk's death was laziness on my part: I was too lazy to make up my own aftermath so I used Flame's :oops:

From now on; the chapters are going to be almost 100% mine. Sorry to Flame's fans but I've taken a different road.

Got to carry on painting my room; my hands are blue!

15. Zevrillion

Well, who wouldn’t want to be in Harry’s position?

But I think it damage the story because the whole plot will soon be only about how he gets 2 dream girls and the rest of the story will be forgotten. Not that every author do that but I have seen my share off it.

16. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Know what? I'm changing my vote, have Harry be a student. He can work in the shadows more. As a teacher, people instantly consider him "a force to be reckoned with" as a student he has more room for subtle maneuvering.

ANd the Sirius Scene was SO perfect that most people just assume it was always that way cause it feels so natural if that makes any sense. But it really was FUCKING SICK how good it was. :D

Keep it up, and please update soon. :wink:

17. Zevrillion

I would go for teacher. He will be more independent. How old is he by the way. He is a lot more mature than the students and I think he might lose his character if he becomes a student.

What does he have to learn anyway? He will also have more free time to deal with Voldemort and his death eaters. Something else is that he won’t be any teachers bitch. No detentions and stupid things like that.

I don’t have any problem with that.

No, but with a Harry/Many pairing it’s a possibility or the girls are brainless sluts.

It fit with what we know of Sirius and it opened the possibility for a Harry/Bella paining. I thought the Bella thing was really good.

18. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Now Zev has made some good points. I'm stuck. LEave me out of it and make Harry whatever you want!

19. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i say caretaker,even thought it's not on the list,...like before Filch was hired that was he can go around the school..deal with the kids and teachers and be on the down low but your pick in the end and what ever it is you'll do a good job in the end....

pairing should be bella because he can now be considered a dark wizard and bella doesn't mind the dark where as lily is a little too light and she's his mon...personaly it doesnt matte what universe/time he's in he gotta stay away from his mom... but what ever you pick i'll keep reading it in the end.

20. Master Slytherin

:lol: Caretaker.