1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Other Side of Hell by Master Slytherin - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Master Slytherin, Aug 1, 2005.

?

How much would you rate this fic?

1. Outstanding

76.5%
  2. Exceeds Expectations

14.8%
  3. Acceptable

5.3%
  4. Poor

0.8%
  5. Dreadful

2.5%
  1. Hubert

Hubert First Year

Caretaker! :D it would be good to see some originality in fanfiction for once.

2. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

CARETAKER!!! I take it back! I have an opinion again!! MAKE HIM CARETAKER! :D Just not a prick like filch :D Ahhh, fuck it, make him a prick if you want. Caretaker is perfect.

INDOGHOST IS A GENIUS!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

3. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

lol. I tell you what though, there are too many Harry/Tonks fans out there. One person even said that I just killed her off for no reason. :? Yes, because that makes sense. I've also had one person demand I give it back to Flame so it would be Harry/Tonks. 8)

There's also been a case of people using different anonymous names to vote. They could've at least re-phrased their sentences!

4. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

*raises hand and feels special* thank you , thank you. i have no idea why their flameing you over tonks. her death made his reslove to kill voldemort stronger.i understood that and i'm a big fan of Harry/Tonks. :?

:idea: can i suggest one of the many girls harry can be paired with since yours is a harry/many fic. try Rosmerta i've never seen a pairing with her an untaped soure sice she's around his age in this fic around now :idea:

5. Master Slytherin

You are a genius!! I never thought of that!

'They used to make me laugh' - POA I just remembered!

6. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

7. Master Slytherin

It's gonna be Harry/None for a long time though. He's going to be a cold, emotionless shell. I've always wanted to read a fic where he is a powerful emotionless guy in the past and now I get my wish 8)

He's going to be a ... student!

Teachers are boring, there's nothing to write, they're cliché, why would Dumbledore allow someone he doesn't know, is about 18(in looks), and knows serious Dark Magic to be in charge of a bunch of kids who are in his protection?

As a student, he'd be less conspicuous, be able to get rid of DE early on and it's easier to write and read. He won't learn a thing, true, but I can pull my own twists much better that way.

Now a poll which is probably going to be exclusive to DLP.net(depending how far I get into the next chapter):

Should he be in:

Hufflepuff or

Ravenclaw or

Slytherin?

Hufflepuff: a shock, a surprise and it will emphasize everyone thinking that he isn't that strong.

Slytherin: do I really need to go into detail?

Ravenclaw: a mixture of the 2.

8. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Hufflepuff. The hat wants to put him in Slytherin but Harry convinces it to put him in Hufflepuff.

9. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

He tries to convince it to put him in Hufflepuff definitely. But it would be so much more interesting with him being further ostracized for being thought dark. ON the other hand, its so cliche' , but it does have benefits in terms of conflict, which is why its cliche.

Tough call. I say Ravenclaw or Slytherin. In the original, the hat considered Ravenclaw saying, "A good mind" or whatever. So I say Ravenclaw or Slytherin. Hufflepuff wasn't even considered.

10. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Second Year

if you put him in huffleduff ai shall crush your balls in a vice... thats my favorite threat. heh

11. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

dont give him a house the hat can't put every one in a house there has to be some people who can't be sorted

12. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I've thought about it. In terms of conflict with Dumbledick, Slytherin is best. He also has access to the Chamber of Secrets. (Why hasn't Harry gone back there?! ANd why hasn't he claimed the sword of Gryfinddor anyway?

If I write a fic, the sword will have special powers, not a lot, but enough. it won't be excalibur or some other crazy shit I've read, :evil:

13. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Harry puts on the hat. 15 minutes later the hat screams Headmaster. Dumbledore is kick out of his office and Harry becomes headmaster.

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

LOL.

That would be a good idea for a hurmor story.

What would happen if the hat didnt place someone in a house? Would they be kicked out of Hogwarts? I don't think anyone's ever done a story where Harry is just NOT sorted into one of the houses. I've seen a few were he is sorted into all four houses but i dont like them very much.

Dumbledore would probably just sort Harry into Gryffindor using his Headmaster status.

15. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

does dumbledore even have that power?

16. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

slytherin. this way he can have his way with bellatrix and zabini girl more easily.

i understand why you want to make him emotionless and therefore no girls at first. however, he could use the girl to get rid of the grief. i mean you can't be sad or grieve over a thing when you are shagging. think about it.

tonks should've lived and had her way with this remus but waht was done is done.

17. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Second Year

I've seen one where Harry's a Founder's Student

18. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Those stories suck. EVERYONE gets sorted.

19. Master Slytherin

20. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

how cold???