1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Other Side of Hell by Master Slytherin - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Master Slytherin, Aug 1, 2005.

?

How much would you rate this fic?

1. Outstanding

76.5%
  2. Exceeds Expectations

14.8%
  3. Acceptable

5.3%
  4. Poor

0.8%
  5. Dreadful

2.5%
  1. Western_Frontier

Western_Frontier Second Year

Nice Chapter… Good job making him Ravenclaw… I would not mind where you put him as long as not Gryf. I hope in the next chapter you will have Harry massacre a lot of DEs... I hope some of them could be parents of those fucked up mini DEs in the school… I hope you will have a torture scene for the mini DEs when they say the wrong thing to Harry… Not only will he make DEs fear him but dissuade some DEs from joining Voldie… MORE KILLING PLEASE!!!

2. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

lol. I've just started the battle scene and I'm three pages in. Expect some blood and killing...from both sides :wink: :twisted:

3. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

BRILLIANT! :D

I REALLY DiG YOUr story and I hope YOU UpDate again SOon. ANyway, here are some questions I had.

I was also wondering why Harry had such difficulty with those guys. Dumbledore was able to EASILY defeat them in the Department of Mysteries (Remember how he just lassoed them together) I'm assuming Harry is holding Back a little.

Also, PLEASE don't make Snape a good guy who will change JUST from knowing Harry. THat would really suck. Lastly, could you make Dumbledore manipulative?Tthat's the way his character is and it creates more conflict for Harry. :D :D :D

4. Master Slytherin

Harry was holding back. Seriously, he could just blow them apart can't he? In the next Chapter, you'll see Harry's full potential :wink:

About the Snape thing, just keep reading. It definitely won't go the way you say.

I have a confession to make: after the sixth book I've warmed to Dumbledore and it shows in my writing. His character was great and I was surprised and sad at the end.

5. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

WHAT!!! SAY IT ISN'T SO!!

YOU Know all the evidence.

I'm flabbergasted. I never thought I would see the day when the author of "Freelance Hero" would actually LIKE DUmbledore. :goes off into corner to cry: :shock: :cry:

6. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

as much as i hate dumbledore i have to say his death sucked....he should have died in a big battle by Voldmorts hand...not the hands of a shit prick like snape

7. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

Yupp his death was really pathetic, I mean he is one of the strongest wizards. Ahh well perhaps he isn't death, because the killing curse normally doesn't throw you in the air (Not even Voldemort's and he is stronger than Snape).

8. Master Slytherin

I dunno...the scene with Malfoy was quite good but I would have made his death a bit different.

And Charlie, the Harry in canon is a bit of a fool. You'd think after Voldemort comes back, he'd train, but no. He's told the prophecy but he still doesn't train or doesn't learn anything. That scene where Dumbledore comes to his house, he doesn't even ask for proof about Dumbledore being real, come on!

Dumbledore is a manipulating bastard but he is quite funny and the way he is written is really good. the way he played Harry was great from a neutral's POV. I think people go a little bit OTT with Dumbledore, some even say he's EVIL for fuck's sake! I don't read those fics (partly because 99% of them are badly written in the first place).

9. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I don't think he's evil. Just too idealistic. I also think Harry should harden up a little. But DUmbledore evil stories generally suck. HE's not trying to be the next Dark Lord, he's trying everyone Happy and not hurt anybody, and give everybody a second chance. But he doesn't see the humanity of INDIVIDUALS and what they need because he is blinded by this utopian view of the world.

10. Master Slytherin

I seriously doubt she'd pull a Gandalf.

That happened because of his bond to Fawkes. His portrait is in the office, I think that settles it.

11. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i hate him cause he's a fool who know thats he's only human and yet plays games as a god...i never thought he was evil...and the fics where he is evil never work

12. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

You can't know after "Harry Potter and the Withered Hand" everything is possible.

13. Master Slytherin

Lol. JK can be subtle but the withered hand was not one of those moments. I think she was afraid that the people reading the books had short-term memory loss.

Btw, you've got a 7 page battle coming your way people!

14. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

YES!!!! :D

Can you Have it up by tonight?!?! PLEASE SAY YOU CAN?

15. Master Slytherin

Sorry, not writing anymore tonight. I just felt like writing a battle so I did :wink: I'm going to lengthen the battle a bit more tomorrow and then write the rest on Saturday at the latest.

16. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Saturday :?

GOOD ENOUGH!! :D :wink:

17. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

Make it nice and long and don't transform Harry in some kind of god, I mean having no problem dueling school kids is OK but everything else should cause one or two problems.

18. Master Slytherin

*coughs and mumbles something about him having Dumbledore's knowledge + equivalent of 3 years of Dark Magic training*

No seriously, I won't go OTT like some *cough Awakening of Magus author*

Man, I need to sort out this cough soon...

19. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

FUCK it. He SHould be REALLY powerful

I mean, Dumbledick was able to EASILY defeat 8 deatheaters in the Department of Mysteries. At the same time, I think that someone like Snape would be able to handle 4 normal wizards himself. Thats my opinion on where the power lies though.

PLEASE be mean to Dumbledore. He told Harry at the end of the 5th book that he would train him in Occlumency, but he never does. He also said he was going to give him special training, but he never has. Its one thing to feel bad that the guy died (he really didn't deserve it) but he was not perfect by any stretch, and he was EXTRAORDINARILY manipulative. Also, he was very foolish for trusting Snape as much as he did.

20. Master Slytherin

*makes non-committal sound*