1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Outer Worlds Announcement Trailer

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Schrodinger, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

So this is just Borderlands without cel shading?

2. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Less borderlands and more Fallout. There's a gameplay video here:

From the look of things, it's pretty much the core Fallout mechanics (though with a more interesting version of VATS, it looks like), in a brand new setting with the Obsidian writing team behind it.

It's an Obsidian game, so we should all know what to expect by now: an aggressively mediocre core gameplay loop with some interesting ideas that aren't quite implemented as well as they could be and a couple of utterly baffling design decisions, above average yet not outstanding art design, and an interactive narrative so good the flaws in the rest don't even really matter.

3. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I don't really have much to say that hasn't been said in the other thread. But, I will add that the bar for this sort of game is pretty low at the moment, so if this is handled well, it should be a pretty good game, at least in comparison to things like FO4 and ME:A. Only issue I have (and it's sort of a nonissue) is that 2019 and 2020 are going to have a ton of possibly great games all coming out in short order, so something like this is really going to have to be exceptional to stand out. There's only so many bad space games that can come out without killing the genre, and that's a shame because it might be my favorite genre and I'm still waiting for that game that ticks off all those boxes. Hopefully this is it.