1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Prince Who Was Promised by cxjenious - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Cxjenious, May 30, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Which means there is around ~5 years until the start of Game of Thrones.

2. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

There will be five years for the pieces of the game to be set and moves executed. I'm wondering if Harry will be part of the entourage that will go to Winterfell, or if he'll be made to stay at Casterly Rock. I'm interested to see how he's utilized by Tywin.

Best story with potential I've run across in a long time. Keep up the good work.

4/5. There's room for improvement, but it definitely has potential to be 5/5. Maybe a little more refinement in WBA? Eh? Eh?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  3. Anya

Question regarding Storm's End.

Assuming Renly dies as in canon, does that make Storm's End Harry's? Or does it still fall to Stannis?

Or does that fact that Harry has Casterly Rock change things?

4. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

It would still fall to Stannis.

5. White Rabbit

White Rabbit Hippity Hoppity DLP Supporter

If we were talking pairings, I don't think Sansa would fit Harry's type. He already found one of the "perfect" noble daughters to be bland and boring. He seems to like willfulness, and women that have audacity, and cunning, and a willingness to speak their mind. I think he'd enjoy Arya's company for her brashness and uncouth ways. Or Margarey's for her mind and subtlety. But then again the whole part where he's sold off to whoever they need to bring into the fold is at play, so it's kind of a moot point to even talk about who he would want, I guess. Such is life.

6. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

If things proceed apace and Renly does die, I can see Sansa either sticking with Joffery or marrying Harry as a replacement while Margaery is put together with Joffery. Though I will admit I expect the Tyrells might be a bit more sensible and simply accept Harry.

7. Anya

I vote for a Martell, because reasons.

8. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

I won't say who he will be paired with, but I will say it won't be Arianne Martell, nor anyone else from Dorne. He might have a run in with a snake or two, though.

9. Anya

This still pleases me. Dorne and its residents really aren't used enough in fic.

10. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Probably because they're too far away to matter in the central conflicts.:sherlock:

11. Anya

That's why we have fanfic tho!

12. CosmosGravitation

CosmosGravitation Professor

One thing I wanted to mention: in Game of Thrones Ned asked Cersei if Robert hit her often and Cersei said that was the first time he had struck her in the face and that if Jamie knew he would have killed Robert. The Jamie killing him thing might just be wishful thinking on Cersei's part, but I'm surprised nobody remarked on the bruises Harry and Cersei must have had on their faces. Even if Robert couldn't remember that he was the one that gave them the bruises, surely he'd have wondered how his wife and son both came to be injured.

On the timeline, for some reason I got the idea that Jon Arryn would get wise to the incest a few years later than he did in canon - which would allow Cxjenious to make the characters older but still stick with the book ages. That would also allow Daenarys to have more time to get an invasion together and she could be brought into the story earlier. But as Cxjenious posted he's using TV ages, I was clearly wrong and never mind.

If Arya were a couple years older, I think Harry would get along great with her. But she's to young, so it's a moot point. Although if the story is using TV ages, Arya will be eleven when Harry is fourteen, and three years difference won't really matter much in Westeros. So there's always the possibility he'll get together with her later in the story.

Margaery's great ambition is to be queen, so I think it'd be pretty hilarious if she's betrothed or married to Joffrey but Robert pulls a death bed switch and names Harry his heir instead. It'd be pretty amusing to watch her and the Tyrell's try to get her out of the marriage to Joffrey and marry her to Harry. They'd probably just have Joffrey poisoned again, but what if Harry is betrothed to someone else? Although something significant would have to change as we know in canon RObert wanted Joffrey to marry Sansa so I doubt it happens.

Whoever Harry marries or loves, I don't envy Cxjenious the decision. He's going to leave some people disappointed, and unlike Harry POtter fanfiction where there are always other decent stories in which readers can get their favorite pairing fix, there is currently only one good HP/ASOIAF crossover and that's this one. If he doesn't write Harry with a reader's favorite ASOIAF girl, that reader is out of luck. Personally, I don't care all that much who Harry ends up with as long as we're told a good story along the way and it's a canon character. There is potential in almost all the ASOIAF women.

13. Prios

Prios Second Year

Edit: Already answered by other people.

14. Anya

Always though the book ages were too young anyway, so did George RR eventually iirc. Boosting up their ages in the TV show was a good move.

15. Prios

Prios Second Year

Well, Dany was 13 when she was married off to Drogo, so the wedding night was abit weird to read. But again, marriage at that age wasn't uncommon back in the days.

16. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

I hope Harry ends up with a woman of Valyrian heritage (preferably a Targaryen), because he's Harry fucking Potter and should accept nothing less than dragon blood.

Wish fulfilment aside, the most important thing in terms of the story is that, whoever he marries, they become a source of intrigue, drama, and all sorts of troubles for Harry. Because any happily-married tripe would be boring to read.

17. Prios

Prios Second Year

Not many females around his age in the old Valyria families.

18. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I think Harry will end up with Osha because she will remind him of a certain person from his old life. ;)

19. funflash

funflash First Year

I'm a bit confused about why there is an idea for a Sansa pairing. At the moment her character is a bit too similar to Ginny. A girl who just dreams for Prince Charming and so far isn't motivated to be anything more.

It's only through the barbaric treatment by Joffrey that she changes completely and becomes a full dimensional character. What would be the turning point for her in this fic?

Even more confused about a Cersei/Harry.... Sure she may be into her brother but going for a pre adolescent is a little different. I'm sure she'd want some leaves on the tree before any of that shit happens.

Anyway, so far it's an awesome story that's stopped me from studying for my exam in six hours but definitely time well spent!

Congrats to Cxjenious, it's great that people are still writing awesome HP fanfics.

Looking forward to the next updates!

20. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Then it would make sense for Harry to like her, given that he married Ginny last time. Of course, this is an opportunity for him to try something new as well.

If Cersei ever does make a move it'd probably be one-sided. This is still Harry after all.

Not open for further replies.