1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Prophecy and muggles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcatrage, Jul 28, 2006.

1. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

alright so voldemort and harry are both technically immortal from everyone else right.

but what about a muggle seeing as they are non magical would the rules be different. Muggle shoots gun at harry can bullet hit him? can it kill him?

just wondering how far the prophecy/fate goes.

i think by nonmagical means i would say that it is possible for them to die at the hands of someone else.

2. k_writer

k_writer Groundskeeper

Why is Harry immortal?

He survived the Killing Curse once. I think it's safe to say that yes Harry can die if he's shot--unless he can erect a sheild around himself powerful enough to stop a friggin bullet.

3. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    No. It says "One must die at the hand of the other," not "One must die at the hand of the other, but a muggle can kill them."

4. mcatrage

the prophecy makes him "immortal"

yeah i know what it says but i'm just wondering about the whole magical vs non magical implications

guess its kind of dumb and pointless to even care but yeah whatever

5. dark.itachi

dark.itachi First Year

I dunno in terms of the book only voldemort can kill off Harry, but I always found it hard to believe that a bullet could just deflect off Harry with no harm likes he is freakin superman. :) Interesting idea.

6. k_writer

k_writer Groundskeeper

I don't know if I believe that nothing can kill Harry except Voldemort...

I mean...nothing? Not a Death Eater's killing curse, not if Dumbledore decided he was tired of the kid and decided to off him, not even if he was shot?

7. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    There are no "implications" it's pretty clear about it's guidelines.

They can't die, unless the other kills them. If Harry has an AK 47, then, yes, he can kill Voldemort. If a cop on the street shot them with his pistol, it would probably hurt, they might be out for a while, but they'd get back up to fight sooner or later.

I see it as this: Any situation where they should for all means be dead, would probably cause them as much pain as they can handle before they conk out. They won't die, but they might not be able to fight for a few months.

8. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

It doesn't say anything about him not being able to be crippled comatose or limbless just that he can't die by anybody but voldemort anybody can hurt him just not kill him soething will always by fate intervene to help
    ex. fawkes in CoS

9. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's not that nothing is able to kill Harry, it's that nothing will kill Harry.

All a prophesy is is a telling of the future, and this prophesy states that nothing will kill Harry, other than Voldemort, until Voldemort is dead. Harry cannot be killed by anything other then Voldemort simply because of the fact that Trelawny saw that he would never be in the situation where he would have died, other than when he is around Voldemort.

If you look back to the end of HBP you can see this at work. Snape tells the other Death Eater's not to harm Harry.

The power of the prophesy is not that if Harry were hit by a killing curse he would survive (although he might anyway), but that he will never be hit by a killing curse except for from Voldemort.

So apply this to your theory. The power of the prophesy is that Harry will never be shot fatally (as Trelawney has seen he will never be shot), not that if he were shot he would survive.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  10. mcatrage

in CoS could that voldemort kill harry?

maybe this was discussed in another thread but i'm wondering.

@taure

oh yeah nevermind now i feel dumb forgot about the whole "seeing" the future thing

11. k_writer

k_writer Groundskeeper

:wall: I read that book once, but you would think that would've sunk in by now. Apparently not.

12. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Continuing on, if something will be fatal something.. lucky will happen. look through the entire book's and it happens again and again.

Azakban? He just HAPPENS to be able to cast the Patronus with enough power that it drives away 100 was it? Dementors. Despite a efw hours prior being unable to do it.

Chamber of Secrets? Flawkes.

Order of the Phoenix? He is in a fight which has Highly dangerous Death Eaters pitted against a group of Teenagers, he gets away with few injuries EXCEPT from Voldemort, where he gets possessed.

HBP? Dumbledore recover's in time to save Harry. :)

Philosopher's stone? He and his friends manage to escape unharmed when they accidentally confront Fluffy, But Snape with knowledge that it was there gets injured.

Need I go on? Oh and the Thing with Quirrel it wasn't really Voldemort, it was Quirrel thus Harry > Quirrel.

All in All It can be fit into a few simple lines. MIRC STYLE!

on *:FATALWOUND:*:{
    if ( attacker == Voldemort) { set $Incredibleluck 0 }
    else ( set $Incredibleluck 99999999^9999999 )
    }

You shall find this equation shall never fail. ;)