1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The 'R' Series By Regulus - T - HP/NT

Discussion in 'Romance' started by Antivash, Sep 15, 2005.

1. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

ah yes, the split. Well... i have to say that i am a bit wary of what will happen because of the split :/

i kinda feel that he is going to have tonk cheat on him, so...

2. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

He does but only (I think) so Harry will delve into the dark arts, but yeah that still kinda sucks, aslo she dosn't do it because she wants to but because her mind has been esnared or somthing.

3. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

For anyone who hasn't read this, I would recommend reading the first story, and then dropping it. The first one is absolutely excellent, then Harry goes back to the Dursleys, gets beaten instead of using magic to defend himself, and the entire series goes to shit.

4. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I disagree... I still like the series, it has it's weaker moments -- but it's getting much more interesting now that Regulus has gotten to the 4th year.

5. TheIllusiveOne

I read a bit of the fourth story, as it seems Harry stopped taking shit from the Dursley's, what makes you think Tonks will cheat on him?

6. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

It was in his sample of Sixth year, I don't remember when I found it though so it might have been changed, Somewhere in this thread theres a link.

7. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
  8. TheIllusiveOne

Jesus Christ that is fucking sad. Well written, though. I've always said that no girl is worth trying to kill yourself for, but if I was Harry and the one girl I met when I was eleven, and loved ever since, cheated on me with my best friend after seven years of continuous love and friendship, and she was my first and only real friend, I'd probably try to kill myself too. Damn that's angsty as hell.

9. CGB

CGB Auror

I agree that the first three books are just like canon with a few changes. But now that I've seen the spoiler I'm confidently that it'll get better.

10. Zero

Zero Seventh Year

I still enjoy this series. It can get a little boring after a while but the recent chapters are getting very interesting IMO.

EDIT: And yeah, that sample was depressing. Jeez Tonks is a bitch if that's how the story plays out.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2006
  11. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

I have high hopes for GoF, He said that that was the one he was looking forward to writing the most I beleive and I can't wait to see how the story develops (and pray its diffrent from cannon).

12. KANE

KANE Groundskeeper

i thought the story was pretty good overall, but it was too similar to the books to stand out for me. I think its basically the same story retold with two different characters and a differently housed harry. I didn't get past year three.

13. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

i read book one but couldnt do much more. I think it will get much better when the series with the "sneak peak" comes out. That seems like the catalyst required to set the story in the direction im seeking.

14. Mech Angel.V.2.

Mech Angel.V.2. Second Year

Wow. Ive lost all respect for Tonks. It looked more to me like they were... Never mind. I never liked Leon. He stole all the attention from Harry... But yeah, who the heck does he think he is? This has soiled the Honks pairing! If Tonks continues to flirt/make-out with Harry for more years, then have 'fun' with an OC... I'm gonna have to stop reading the series.

15. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Ok, for one. She doesn't decide to just go 'have fun' as you so eloquently stated it,she is hypnotized or whatever and personally I'd like to see what she does when she gets free. (if it happens as things tend to change.

16. TheIllusiveOne

^She wasn't hypnotized. Read it again. Harry was upset and wanted to blame Tonks cheating on him on Leon, hoping that she was enthralled because he was a Vampire, but then he used Legilimecy and saw that she wasn't and that they were shagging each other.

17. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Really? I thought it said that he found out that his beliefs were true when he used legemecy, guess I'll have to look again huh.

Edit: I read it again but I can't tell which it is, so I'll just continue on with what I believed originaly.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  18. TheJackOFDiamonds

TheJackOFDiamonds Third Year

Ok, I only read the first story, but did Harry and Tonks every officially get together? Snogging/shagging/"I love you so much" type stuff? I read the spoiler, and if he keeps going I'll definitely read it when he gets there, but this line caught my attention:

This makes it sound like Harry was just pining after her, but never made a move. If that's true then she didn't really cheat on him, and he's only got himself to blame.

Although if Leon knew how Harry felt then that's fucked up. In any case, I'm glad other people are reading the series because I just couldn't stay interested in the 2nd and 3rd installments. This way I'll know when it gets better;)

-the Jack

19. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I haven't read the latest chapters, but no, they haven't gotten together yet. Which is good, in my opinion, since they're still too young. I mean, yeah, they've had a couple of kisses, and a few blushes, but nothing more than that. In the third year, the relationship changed somewhat, not quite up to the level of boyfriend/girlfriend, but both knew how the other felt, methinks. I'm too lazy to go check.

20. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

I think that it has gotten better, IMO, and the latest chapter had Tonks being held in the air by a Minotaur at the Quidditch World Cup. I've actually read through all of the series that has been uploaded, and I thought it was quite good. But then I'll read any HP fic that doesn't have him either pining after Gin-Gin, or being buggered by anyone.