1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Rebel and the Chosen by chelseyb1010 - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Scott, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Cinduri

Cinduri Squib

To be honest, it's a solid fanfic, but that's all. It does nothing new, copies way too much from the books. If it had been Harry/Hermione, no one would have even noticed it among every other run of the mill fic. But since it's an "unusual" pairing, it does get some attention.

3/5

2. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Eh, I read this when poking around someone's favorites that I respect, so figured I'd toss up some feedback.

It does what it set out to do. Which is, rehash canon while doing a reasonably believable relationship between Harry and Tonks. The only problem with that is the premise itself - rehashing canon. It means that it really can never reach 5/5 levels for me due to the lack of originality, and the only thing we have to question being 'how closely will it stick to canon?'

With that being said, I did enjoy it. It's pretty well written, the evolution of friendship to relationship works well enough, and the small tweaks to make it work within the canon frame were reasonable. Just made me wish all the more that the author had gone a more original route with the fic instead of canon rehash. Alas.

I'll give it a 4/5. It was worth the read, but isn't really something I'd re-read. Somewhere in between Recycling Bin and Romance sub-forum seems to be the right fit. With how limited our Romance section is, I wouldn't complain about it being in there.