1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The return of DLP Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, May 27, 2010.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Didnt know that, thought you had to charge it to get max damage. Either way, I think I figured out what it is. Sightlines and the speed of the players. Unless you're fucking awesome at it, stick to anything else, the sniping game for me is just twitch to the max, sniping in corridors. No thanks.

Edit, just saw Tehans, so it does actually matter, that's what I was thinking =P

2. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

tl;dr rant ahead.

Lotus, WDZ, Free Frag, and a few other clans/servers can go fuck themselves. They need to clean up their fucking bots, because I'm tired of getting shot around a corner or sapped by invisible spies or even killed as a spy while completely invisible. And their aim is even boosted, so every bullet from a heavy's gun hits its mark.

I tested the spy thing. One bot watched me walk around him whilst cloaked. When I got to close, he killed me in one or two non-crit hits. Wat?

I was fucking serious about competitive play, here. I may not be very good, but I'm sick and tired of public servers. Noobtashas (and that new fucking scout primary), backburners, heavies shooting around corners...Sigh.

Right now, I would almost rather play the xbox version which has nothing but stocks. (I would miss my Sandvich and Equalizer, though...)

3. Midknight

Come to think of it, I'm not even sure what unlocks I use. I don't have polycount, but I do have most of the older weapons/class unlocks. Let's see what I use.

Heavy's natasha I use if they go scout heavy, but I tend to stick to the default. Sadvich I love, b/c unless Chaos is there, 90% of the time my medics blow ass.

Scout I don't play really ever, I just feel like I can't control the guy well and he's made of paper.

Pyro is rare, but I use the default for airblast. I have the axe equipped, but I never use it, I tend to run in kamikaze mode with pyro and die before I think to melee.

Medic, default except for ubersaw... which I also never use.

Demo, I like the Highlander mostly just because it's a huge sword, but I've only ever got it charged up a few times. The targe I liked for rushing, but I couldn't get kills with it so I switched it out.

Sniper razorback is alright, jarate again I don't think in melee terms in that game, it's too fast paced. Defauly sniper rifle.

Engy default. I've used the wrangler a few times to spam a hallway and hold it down, but I don't have his mini sentry yet to have an opinion. His shotgun upgrade is a piece of shit imho.

The Spy is the only one I use the unlock for constantly, and that's the recharging cloak watch. I go in, watch and report, and take out medics and heavys. I can't get the hang of the disguise watch.

I like Lotus for some of the people there that are regulars, but I have noticed like Is aid earlier, the heavys having sniper like aim. I think they slightly boosted the damage too, because at long range the bullets should only be doing small pitiful amounts of damage, and they can still take your ass out.

I hadnt noticed the spy tracking on Lotus, but now that I'm thinking about it, their fucking pyros do always seem to have a good idea where I am. Not 100%, and I haven't had one track with me when I was running cloaked, but if I stab, run off, and recloak around a blind corner, they'll always track me down.

I HAVE noticed spy sapping with no one around, with me literally spinning in circles and seeing a sapper show up with no one to place it. Pyro checking reveals them cloaked nearby, at least they don't backstab you and stay invisible, just the cloaking thing.

I loved the dodgeball last night, that was fun, but the air blast is a bitch. Sometimes it'd repel the missiles just fine, othertimes it wouldnt work as far away as normal and I'd take a nuke on the chin. Most noticed it while jumping.

4. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed. And yeah, you can forget about running away as a spy. Even if you cloak around a blind corner and keep running, some other bot will show up in front of you and rape you.

Dodgeball was fun the first few times, but when it's only 2-6 people it isn't really fun at great length. You've not played dodgeball until you've got three or four projectiles in play at once.

5. Midknight

6. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Another thing that's been bugging me lately is how people get so many hats/items. I've been playing a fairly long time (about 500 hours logged, according to Steam), but I only have one hat worth mentioning (Vintage Hound Dog ftw).

By "so many hats/items" take a look here:
    http://www.tf2items.com/id/iaresnipar
    http://www.tf2items.com/id/shibby2142
    http://www.tf2items.com/profiles/76561198009288860

I'm fairly sure they haven't bought many items, but I could be wrong...who knows?

Does idling really help you get items that much?

7. Midknight

I thought they fixed idling and went to random when you die/log in?

I don't have much of shit http://www.tf2items.com/id/MiddyDLP in fact it's pretty insane how few of things I have. Thankfully I don't see many of the unlockable/buyables as being worth anything, so it's not a major annoyance to me.

Do the Vintage items do anything different from the normal items?

8. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

No, but they are worth more because there are no more vintages being made. The vintage thing happened when the MannCo store opened (so everything you had before that update is now vintage).

I've got a decent amount of shit...but I mostly play with stock weapons, rofl.
    http://www.tf2items.com/id/militis_dlp

9. Dr. Strange Lulz

Dr. Strange Lulz Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I've seen a decent amount of people like this in my trading. Most of them are just traders... but every now and then you get the obvious hacker. I've seen guys with literally every hat in the game that I know they got them honestly...

We like to think of games like TF2 as unhackable, but truth is... some get through.

There were hat stealing programs (almost caught me up a couple of times) where they have an unusual hat in the trade squares and click the trade box, a macro on a timer switches the unusual with an identical non-unusual hat and clicks trade again. Most of the time people just assumed it was nothing and clicked trade anyway.

Congrats, you just gave up a bunch of shit for a normal whoopee cap.

As for Vintage vs Non-Vintage, it really comes down to trading. Vintage items are technically "worth more" since you'll never be able to get them again.

Your average Vintage hat trades for 2 non-vintages. If a guy is selling a non-v. Fedora for 2-3 refined, chances are he'd sell the vintage for 4-6 refined.

So no, they do nothing extra.

Oh, and Backpack

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  10. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

I played for ~45 minutes just now as demoman...lulz were had.

[​IMG]

I love that map. Only reason I left at the end was because some noob kept getting toxic on RTD and won because no one could figure out that you can still kill him from long range. -.-

Click to enlarge and see animated gif...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  11. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

12. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

13. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

14. Radical Dreamer

Radical Dreamer Fourth Year DLP Supporter

Is there an official server where everyone plays or do you just roll with popular open servers like Lotus Clan and Hells Gamers? The server info in the first post is way out of date.

15. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Fuck Lotus Clan.

nom nom nom, Elle's Nun House, and a few others I can't remember right now. That's where it's at.

16. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

...I get the urge to shout "Bang! Bang! On the door, baby!" reading that.

17. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

Lawl...What's sad is I had to Google that to figure out what you were talking about. :(

On another note, I forgot to add http://tf2lobby.com as a source for games. 6v6 or 9v9 highlander "pro" games. I've been a wuss and haven't actually played a game there yet, but I'm sure one of these days I'll get over my fear of inadequacy and get my ass handed to me.

Also, PRO TIP: If you're working on those "do 1,000,000 points of damage" or extremely grind-ish achievements, DON'T RESET your game-play stats in TF2. Steam loses count and you have to start all over again. :(

I was at like....950,000 total points of blast damage, and reset because I wanted to see real stats and not those fake ones from playing on an achievement server...FML.

18. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Lol, achievement server. I earned my Halo, sir.

19. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

I got TF2 after the Halos were given out. :(

20. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

DLP TF2 is up and running. THANK YOU RAVEN!

/everyone must say it.