1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The return of DLP Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Midknight, May 27, 2010.

1. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've decided I like Sniping in TF2 quite a bit, the problem is that if I get on a good roll in a round NO ONE likes me sniping on the other team. I was using the Machina at Harvest and with one fully charged shot and fluke of nature I nailed three headshots with one round and while I made another shot every now and again, they more or less just flat shut me down. Literally the entire round they had half of their team dedicated to keeping me inside our base and its even more funny considering I'm not even that good xD, I just got sickeningly lucky.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  2. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

It was okay at first but now it is just plain annoying. Anyone I kill comes back as spy/pyro/scout to take revenge. Especially enemy snipers. I was getting assaulted by 3 spies at once. Even if I killed one, one of the other two stabbed me.

EDIT: BTW Middy kicks ass in TF2.

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

You should see me and Krogan, or me and ChaosGuy as a heavy medic team, it's goddamned downright disgusting. I would have actually done better, but I was drunk, and had no less then 5 of their guys dedicated to killing me, with none of the other 8 guys on my team, not counting Krogan, who was doing great as a sniper, doing fuck all. At one point I had 4 snipers (who in 5 rounds managed to get about 10 points each) and 3 spies as my support, up against your team Castiel, which was fielding 2 heavies, 1 medic, another 2 snipers in addition to you, and like goddamned 4 pyros with the energy blasters. I could kill a chunk, but not enough for it to do anything but prolong the match.

At one point I had most of your team locked in the base, you were on the roof sniping, and my team refused to be bothered to go cap the goddamned point. Much rage.

I have fuck all in the way of items sadly. I tend to get like 1-2 a 6 hour playing session, and it's always the most random useless shit in existence. I save and smelt it to metal but it takes forever. I did craft an awesome Wanga Prick the other day, which I love, but I don't play spies that often, I just happened to fuck up and craft a spy class token. Went on to get like 5 backstabs inside of 5 seconds with it though, I was crying laughing. I swapped off heavy to spy, went to their base, and they rolled out with 2 heavy + medic pairs, plus another class I forget which. Boom, boom, boom, boom, boom. /cry laughing while they rage.

4. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I am not much good as a medic, I need some practice probably. And most other guys I find suck at being a medic too. So I just go solo as heavy.

Also, up until now I played differently as heavy. A lot defensive. After watching you practically enter the enemy base a fuck the shit out of them I decided to try it today. And BOOM! I killed 30-40 people in 3 lives. Without any medic. At one point I was outside their base and a lot of them were coming out, I opened fire and ended up dominating 3 guys in a matter of seconds (for some reason they kept jumping out at me mindlessly)

But the best part of today was taking 2 heavies HEAD ON as a scout and coming back alive, killing them both. :awesome

It was beautiful.

5. Midknight

Yeah I used to play like that as well. I started playing the players, instead of the classes. Sort of like poker. Don't just assume every scout is going to know how easy it is to own a heavy by just jumping over his head. Most I've seen will try to run in circles, which, as long as you lead them some with the fire, is death. Pyros, they run straight towards you to try to burn you, but you can drop them from a good distance.

The heavy gun does shit damage at long range, 5 or so, but if the idiots stand still, or run straight at you, you can snipe them down with it a little at a time. You know the left exit from spawn on Harvest, when you exit the door, you can see cross the map and that little shack? there's almost always a spy or sniper there. I start hosing it the second I leave the door, if I keep it up and the player is stupid, it's an easy kill.

Same thing for spies, turn around constantly. I used to just try to bump into people as they ran around me, now I spray everyone with a few second burst, anyone moving funny, anyone moving towards me. The way I started playing Heavy is to just be offensive as hell, and eventually they'll get scared of you and either run away, which gives me lulz, because they'll get mowed down, or they'll form a pack to come get you. Which should take away from people pushing the point.

6. Krogan

High Score:
    God I never realized how damned dumb so many Spies are xD. No one can actually plan a decent disguise to use or act for shit which are the keys to being a good spy.

If I'm sniping way in the back while all the fighting is up on the point do you seriously think for a second I'm not going to put a round in your brain just to be on the safe side when a random Demo Man comes up to me and just stops and stares for like five minutes without moving? You never pick front line classes to go for the guys in the back, if there's someone you need to get in the back then pick Spy, Engineer or Sniper. As long as you just play it cool and don't obviously start charging towards someones back hardly anyone is going to think twice about you being there.

Then its the acting that everyone fucks up as well, if you think they're suspicious of you then just keep moving right along so you can circle and make another pass at them, if you just stand there and stare at them like a retard or make it obvious that your trying to get behind them more or less anyone who isn't criminally stupid is going to take a swing at you bare minimum to be on the safe side. The other half of this is that unless your using Your Eternal Reward, fucking leave after you kill someone/put out sappers. I cant tell you how many idiot Spies I've seen wearing a Heavy disguise or something throw out some sappers and just stand there in the middle of them.

Oh final thing, they all need to learn how their pistol works. I almost feel embarrassed for them when Im tucked into a corner as a Sniper and they just reappear in front of me hoping I wont do anything while they give my foot papercuts and I kill them in one well placed swing with my Machete.

7. Midknight

I'm bad about just finishing them off with my knife too. I make them circle strafe and then I slip behind and stab, because that pistol's damage blows. Another good tip is if you're trying to blend in, don't freak the fuck out if you get spy checked by a single bullet. If I pop someone, and they suddenly take off running, I chase their ass down and kill them.

8. Krogan

High Score:
    Definitely true as well, also it takes practice to get your timing down with the Dead Ringer but its definitely worth it. If a player is experienced enough then generally when they see a Spy crumple to a stiff breeze, they're going to keep spraying bullets around everywhere under the assumption it was a Dead Ringer copy. Pyros are the absolute worst about this.

Also yeah the base pistols damage sucks but if you go for headshots with a different one its not that bad at all. I've been taken out more than once by a Spy who was smart enough to not bother fucking with his knife since I had a Razorback on and carefully lined up a headshot with the high damage pistol that I can't remember the name for.

9. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This is the reason I don't play TF2: I make all the newbs you guys talk about look like masters of the game.

10. Krogan

High Score:
    My entire team was pretty much criminally retarded so this score is me versus the Red Team, I won too :p. The Energy Flamethrower is so broken its hard to put into words I somehow go into this insane rhythm outside their base where I ran in clicked on the crit mode and just fucking brutalized them and I ended up doing so much damage and getting so many kills that my crit mode would refill before they could respawn so each and every single time they respawned and tried to get out of their room, I was at full health and guaranteed crits one shotting Heavies left and right. It was a thing of beauty and oh god it was fun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

11. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

It wasn't that fun if you were on the receiving end of the shit-storm.

In other news, I did my first craft. :D Tomislav is fucking awesome. Get it Middy.

12. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

I still say we should try to get a Highlander or 6v6 team going. It would be fucking awesome.

13. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Do we have 12 people here ready to play? Or the 18 needed for highlander.

If you meant six of us and go against six random (or not so random) guys, I am up for it. With you, that makes two.

I guess Middy and Krogan will be in too. So, need 2 more.

14. Midknight

Alas I only seem to get backburners, and various bullshit I'll never use, and can't be crafted together dropped. Nothing for classes I actually use. I sacrificed some shit last night to try for any pyro weapon other then the default or the backburner. I used pyro+primary+scrap... and got a fucking backburner.

I have shit in the way of items, some noble DLP Tf2er please pimp my murder death wagon.

15. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Sorry Middy I don't have any items, but I could probably get you some via trades, I have quite a few vintage weapons lying around. I used all my gear up to make me Ze Goggles for my medic.

16. Krogan

High Score:
    Lawl well it does suck but you do know there are only three Flamethrowers available besides default right bro? There's the Degreaser which is complete shit, the Energy Flamethrower like mine or the Backburner. If you cut out the Degreaser then your chance of getting a better weapon are kinda slim. If you want I can start throwing you any parts for it I pick up so you can make one of the Energy Throwers.

17. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Tomislav: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKN7CB1GHmA

You know you want it. You can use Brass Beast and 2 reclaimed metal to make it. You can make Brass Beast With Natascha and 1 reclaimed Metal. I have a spare Natascha but I don't know if I can trade with a free account. We can try though.

Also, I have http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Phlogistinator for my Pyro. I had the other 2 Pyro guns as well but I smelt them down for metal. Sorry.

---------- Post automerged at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Also, is there any other way to get reclaimed metal than to wait for weapons to drop and smelt them? If no, how to get more drops?

18. Krogan

High Score:
    Well it isn't just weapons, any gear at all as long it belongs to the same class count.

19. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

[​IMG]

That's how a pro does it.

Tomislav only run. No other weapon.

19 kills and 2 assists in 2 lives.

Offensive all the time. No medic at all.

20. Militis

Militis Supreme Mugwump

I only meant one team. I know we don't have enough for two. So 6 (or 9 if we want something other than the standard 2 scout, 2 solly, 1 demo, 1 medic).