1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Seventh Liutenant - Legacy of Kain

Discussion in 'Other Fandoms Review Board' started by Shouldabeenadog, May 16, 2022.

1. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

Title: The Seventh Lieutenant
    Author: Varyssa
    Rating: T
    Genre: Drama
    Summary: "Kain will come back. He will not have forgotten that I am here, waiting faithfully. My lord will return. One day." Charting the rise and fall of Kain's empire through the eyes of an unknown firstborn.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2122566/1/The-Seventh-Lieutenant

The story follows a 7th lieutenant of Kain that he raises as a test run before he gets his 6 (Raziel, Dumah, Zephon, etc.) He expects nothing from her, and while there is a great deal of her loving him, he barely notices her. Thankfully she seems to come to the solution is not convoluted schemes, but just be competent to get noticed.
    I enjoyed this story for seeing the fall of Kain's empire. Very little is wasted on the raising of the empire, and instead focuses on the early pre-empire relationships between the fledglings and the zenith and fall of the empire.

I appreciate the epilogue quite a bit, and it leaves itself open to interpretation quite well. My personal take is
    Based on how he ignores her so often throughout the fic, I am certain that she is left waiting for him to come, and he never will. I believe that he completely forgot about her in his quest for Raziel, and that her expression of madness is her devotion to him despite him ignoring her.