1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Struggle For Dark Hallow | Everybody (But Kalas) Wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by SmileOfTheKill, Jan 13, 2012.

1. NobelFiction

NobelFiction Seventh Year

I say Denarians. The info steal and change of win conditions makes them able to blitz this one before it starts to get interesting.

2. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, Red Duchess is definitely up there, and going over it again Tessariel could be a definite threat over a few days, but I really don't think Thomas has improved very much unless he can narrow down who to info-block correctly each time.

After those two it's a toss-up for who to consider the next biggest threat; Nicodemus, Red King, or Lara?

3. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Just got back from a party and it is midnight. I gotta sleep since I have an English exam tomorrow. But I might be able to check in before I leave for it in the morning, so I will be back in either ~8 or ~14 hours.

Just wanted to clarify so I don't get lynched for 'lurking'.

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Agreed on that.

Tessariel is damned dangerous with her info-steal, though I think they're dragged down a bit by Thorned Namshiel's ability. It's not like anyone's going to trust anything he says, considering how he's scum and all.

The Red Court are way powerful, what with their night kill and the auctioning ability, and if they can spot a Wizard they've got a good chance of taking out one of our most powerful roles.

The White Court I'd put above the Black, since their speciality is in blocking people, which is extremely useful once roles have started being revealed. We got lucky with lynching Thomas Raith last time (hai Zennith!), but his ability to block checks on certain people (I'm assuming this means he picks a person and anyone trying to check them gets no result back) is very powerful if used right.

The Black Court I see as being the Rogue Warlock-lite version, with the other half of the RW's abilities being taken by the Erlking. If it weren't for Mavra's nightkill I'd be tempted to put them both on an equal footing for the lack of chance they have at winning this, but since she can use it, Black Court>Erlking.

Sure you're not just sore over you being auctioned last time, Stojil? :p

Sounds good to me, though if I could pick a role to lynch first it would be Tessariel. Seems the second-in-commands are potentially the most powerful roles this time around.

5. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Alright, well this is part of the reason that I also started this earlier.

Added to the rules.

* All players with the ability to taint will know if the taint has been purged or not. They just need to ask to know the status on their taints.

6. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

I would say that the order of importance is:

1. Red Duchess
    2. Nicodemus
    3. Tessariel
    4. Red King
    5. Lara
    6. Thomas
    7. Dracula
    8. Mavra
    9. Erlking
    10. Madeleine
    11. Red Baron
    12. Namshiel

I don't rate Thomas that much. He can either choose to block a living player or a dead player, which limits him to either having a chance at blocking Mortie or Dresden/Archive. My guess is he'll block Mortie N1 and living players the rest of the time.

7. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd raise Thorned Namshiel a couple of notches on that list, at least so that he's above Madeline. His ability may be all but useless against a savvy town player, but if he contacts scum there's the potential for a lot of bad things to happen.

---------- Post automerged at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Also, when TM contacts a person, it's not just him he's talking for. Remember how I spoke for Stojil during the last game; Namshiel would be talking for the entire Denarian faction. That's actually a really powerful ability, now that I think about it.

8. guljons

guljons Squib

For town it pretty much is the same wizards. Once Merlin gets a sniff who is scum he can be pretty awesome.
    Second I would put McCoy. He now has a kill only every second night, but giving town this second kill besides lynches will be vital, I think.
    And finally Elaine Mallory. If she gets at least 2 good checks, it can nail several scums as seen is previous game.

Going over the pumped up scum makes me think.
    Red court is obviously the strongest at the start, because they can kill starting night 1, but Whites will catch up starting with night 3 when they will also start to get kills every night, if they targets are not purified. Do tainted people know that they are tainted?
    And do Denarians win if all Knights are killed by town or other scum factions?
    Black court could be pretty much done when Mavra is taken out and Erlking will need to pull something magnificent to win this game.

9. NobelFiction

NobelFiction Seventh Year

The rules don't specify who has to kill the Knights and that mean we can accidental fuck ourself over with the end of night one (we lynch one and the other two are NK by the Red King and Blackstaff).

10. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Yep, the Denarian's are hugely powered.

Does the whole game end if the Denarians win? Or are they just removed from the game and the rest carry on?

11. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I'm hoping that the game would continue after that point, since just because the knights are all dead doesn't mean we can't kill off three main denarians and beat them.

12. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

They raid the Knights, publicly, and then they kill all of them. The rest of the town and scum still play out to see who wins out of them. I confess I don't know if I should remove the Denarians from play or let them continue on. I will give an exist answer when I update the thread later tonight.

13. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Of the town, I think Morty and Dresden are the most powerful, with Morty slightly edging out Dresden (he can tell us which roles are dead while Dresden can only tell us if people are scum or not). The Merlin can be useful, but only if he (and Dresden) survives long enough for Dresden's role reveal. Then he has a target to protect and hopefully a list of scum to switch him with. Otherwise, it's just shots in the dark unless people play very poorly.

For scum, Dracula is pretty powerful. As long as Mavra stays inconspicuous, he can't be killed, and his ability allows him to hijack the vote. Definitely a late-game powerhouse. I also agree that the Red Duchess has some power, though it's more useful when she has an idea of who's who. (Question for Smile: does the Red Duchess's silence prevent all in-thread communication, or just votes?). The Denarians definitely have the easiest win conditions, and Tessa's ability makes their job even easier.

14. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Mayor Vote:

Jon: jwlk, Aekiel, NobelFiction, Snowflake, Castiel, Lungs, Big Z

Ashaya: dhulli (For tits), Ashaya, Stojil, Krogan (Also for tits?)

Vesvius: Kalas

Users Who Have Not Posted:
    Vesvius
    Lindsey
    Fenraellis
    Seratin

Sup with the four no-posts?

15. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have half a mind to deadline lynch vote against them :\

16. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Rofl no I just think the Mayor idea is silly so I voted for Ashaya instead of Jon being that she's less you know psychotic and all.

Slightly.

17. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I totally didn't know this thread even started. I have been at school for the last 12 hours and asleep before that. Looking at the thread.

Vote Ashaya

Why? Because Jon is always voted for. :p

18. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    LOL.

>Jon always gets the mayor vote.
    >Ashaya gets ballots.
    >Lindsey tries to get Ashaya lynched.

19. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

OH FINE!

Vote Mayor: Ashaya

Better? xD

20. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Oh, fuck you! Maybe they just like me and appreciate my sense of humor. Wait, that can't be it. Tits it is ;_;