1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Thief of Hogwarts by Bluminous8 - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Jtemplar8, Jul 31, 2009.

1. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Keep your lovers' quarrel out of here.

2. Bikiluf

Bikiluf Seventh Year

What? Hidden insults? Fake praise? Definately not! You're looking for things that aren't there. I was genuinely trying to apologise. That's just the way I talk. Perhaps what I was trying to say is once again lost in the anonymity of the internet. This sucks, I insult people without even meaning to.

Edit:
    You're right, I'm out of here.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Hm. Hard one to rate. I'm going to go with a 3/5.

I'd say it started off at a solid 4/5 (cool concept, good writing) and gradually descended into a 2.5/5 as things got harder and harder to swallow (I.e. familiar "soul" bond, Dumbledore being so oblivious, Harry being a bit OP, etc.).

The story is fun to read and is therefore something of a guilty pleasure, and it deserves a 3/5 for that if nothing else. There isn't much substance to it though, at least not in my opinion, and the only thing keeping my interest at present is Harry's kleptomania, an interesting OC (Julian), and some pretty decent writing.

There just isn't enough ... something. Everything is easy for Harry, there is nothing to really make him struggle. Voldemort was easily dealt with when he was possessing Ginny, Dumbledore is oblivious, Snape doesn't seem to bother him, bullies don't faze him, he's never really caught stealing things (and when he was, Nick practically adopted him and seems to encourage him), etc. Now, that's not a criticism really, because if that's the point of the story then the author is doing it damned well. It's just not something that is going to keep me checking for updates every day. Like I said -- guilty pleasure reading.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  4. SEG-CISR

SEG-CISR First Year

It started off fine, a 4/5 in my books. An interesting concept. Lulzy for a while, so it was brought up to a borderline five, I guess? But then, as CheddarTrek says, soul bond and Dumbledore's idiocy along with Fleur being annoying as hell makes it a 3/5. I know I can't expect every character to be mature, but damn if it isn't annoying.

I'll read it if there's nothing else to do, but I won't watch out for it.

5. Hugo

Hugo Second Year

Truly a fic which captures the innocence of youth when it comes to the romance...4/5. And I agree with Ellisande, I've always pictured of pedophiles but I've never imagined what it would be like from the opposite side of the spectrum...in this sense...bluminious truly capture the dark corners of our minds...fucking nauseating...

6. squiz

squiz Squib

Great story if you want something to laugh about, its more a story to joke about with rather then a serious story, I can't really see how far he can take it though.

7. turtle7

turtle7 Backtraced

Harry's basically a glorified pickpocket who sidelines as a cat on occasion.

Nice.

8. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Great story. 4/5. Kinda reminds me of Black Cat, which isn't a bad thing.

9. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I still want updates to this :(

Now that it's already been necroed.

10. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

It's been updated. I liked the new chapter, though it felt a bit fillerish in the beginning and didn't say anything about whats gona happen to Rita.

11. Noble Korhedron

Noble Korhedron First Year

Is bluminous8 even writing anymore? And if so, why is he/she not posting on fanfiction.net, or at least posting an author note saying where the story has been moved to?

12. Pirazy

Pirazy Groundskeeper

Ask him.