1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Himuradono

Himuradono Professor

Episode 3 of season 6...

God dammit! That was brutal and... and RIP(bad pun).

This was the episode I didn't know I wanted to see so much. The decisions they made and how it panned out during the ep as well as the one that carried over from the last episode by the end with Rick. I can't help but wonder what will it take for people to start actually doing the right thing instead of playing peacenik philosophers and then ending getting buttsecked by the walkers...

Certainly, I can't argue that the writers are doing their best to punish this kind of behavior and those who remain consistently ruthless manage to pull through but the foreshadowing from the last couple of episodes and from the end of season 5 clearly shows that... shit will happen anyway.

The whole episode was one long massacre with people dying left and right. If the last one was hard to watch, seeing all those people getting butchered in their own houses then this one was even worse. So many times they were attempting to get away from the walkers and so many times it only led to more bitterness...

This episode hit me more and harder than Hershel's death...

5/5

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  2. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

I'm pretty sure Glenn is still alive. The Talking Dead didn't do any of the usual post show rituals they do when a character is killed off. Plus I heard there are set photos for later episodes that include Glenn.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They really love doing the 'is he dead?' dance with Glenn, mainly because he's the fan favorite character. Until they show his death on screen and wrap it up with a burial, you can probably always safely assume that Glenn is still alive.

4. disturbed27

disturbed27 Professor

If that's true, that would be bullshit. There is no possible way he could survive that situation. Even if the walkers were ripping Nicholas's guts out and not Glenn's in that scene, how fuck would he get out of there?

More than that, if they cop out of killing him it detracts from the atmosphere. Anyone can die (besides Rick and the baby probably). I think it would be a mistake if this wasn't his death, even though I love Glenn. He's currently the moral voice of the group which is as good as a death sentence in this show (Michone's next). It would be inconsistent if they didn't kill Glenn, and if he survives this and is killed later it would feel cheap.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  5. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    A fun little writing trope called deus ex machina. WD writers are pretty fond of it.

Anyway, we'll see next week. If he's dead, I'll be sadface. If he isn't, I'll be sadface at a missed opportunity for some much needed sadfacing.

6. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

If he is dead then it was a pretty weak death scene.

7. Euroclydon

Euroclydon High Inquisitor

It made my feel goods feel bad. D:

8. cash0maker

cash0maker Third Year

He isn't dead for same reason he and Rick were able to walk past 50 odd walkers in first season.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    The Morgan episode was excellent.

10. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Last epsiode was okay.

But it got me thinking when the new doctor said its the end of the world.

Worst case, this large population of Zombies can at most last maybe 10 years before they literally fall apart as many are doing already.

Once that happens they become back ground noise, and the survivors can make a real go at re building things like farms ect with out a lot to worry about.

The only way they are a threat is large numbers or if someone dies in their sleep with no warning and wakes up to eat people. Both situations can be dealth with, humans will now sleep in locked rooms and everyone has a small pack of guard dogs for warning if there is a stay walker. But mostly you would clear the land around you for miles and just deal with the dead as they happen naturally.

In 20 years, this world will be back to an agrarian civilisation with remnants of our modern world.

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Heh. Called it.

12. Himuradono

Himuradono Professor

A part of me is hacked off that Glenn is alive. I don't think I appreciate this kind of bait and switch. I really did think we would continue with the theme of Maggie losing close ones in each season. Oh well...

Of the last three episodes I liked this one the best. How the writers are approaching Rick's moral dilemmas and internal conflict about the people of Alexandria really brings out that he's not as lost as I thought in the beginning of this season.

Anyone else thinking Carol might buy it next episode?

Yep. You did, I just thought they wouldn't do the whole bait and switch. Feels kind of cheap...

13. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    How is no one talking about this yet?

I laughed uproariously at the "rocket launcher" scene. I could have sworn Glenn was getting eaten right in front of Maggie's eyes and I honestly thought Sasha and Abraham were grass for a second, but instead it's Rick's entire adopted family and the eyeball of his son that go. Rick's bloodlust post-trauma was well done, and I really liked how they ended a few loose (and, in or two cases annoying plot lines, as with the little boy who, face it, we all wanted to see eaten) in particularly bloody ways. 10/10 would watch again

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  14. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I don't think there's much to talk about honestly. While they did some interesting stuff in the last few episodes with Morgan, this one seems like a return to typical WD formula.

Glenn acts as voice of reason to wayward apocalypse-noob. Daryl kills some mean dudes. Carol does her ruthless routine. People Rick cares about get dead. Michonne saves Rick. Rick goes ragemode. Honestly, the only interesting things that actually happened were Carl getting shot and Carol seeing that crazy W dude have a split second of redemption after she shot him.

It's been apparent for a while that the writers are running out of ideas. Maybe the appearance of Negan will switch things up.... but I kinda doubt it. :/

15. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

So what did people think of the end of Season? Cliff hanger was expected, although I wonder if they are going to copy the books or go their won way. I'd think the latter otherwise its not much of a cliff hanger.

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Abraham or Daryl. Calling it.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  17. FKR

FKR Squib

High Score:
    I have no idea who died in the final episode and it is massively frustrating! Part of me is hoping no one has and the producers are just messing with fans again. I have a terrible feeling it will be Glenn but I'm hoping they aren't going to kill him off just yet!

18. Azotez

Azotez Seventh Year

Who died? I have a feeling it was Abraham. The entire episode felt like an eulogy in his honour.

19. disturbed27

disturbed27 Professor

I... I was wrong.

Holy shit. When I thought they couldn't get any darker... I was wrong.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  20. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

That's an interesting reaction because I think I had the exact opposite, it felt like they teased the idea of going really dark, then pulled right back and did the safest thing they could without coming across as totally cheap.

I mean the show is aggressively stupid either way, I don't think it would be somehow better if they fully embraced the dull nihilist side, but everything in the premiere felt very tame.