1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Wandering Inn by Pirateaba - M - Original Fantasy

Discussion in 'Original Fiction' started by Glimmervoid, Aug 28, 2017.

1. DeathShade

DeathShade Third Year

I have been supporting Piratebea on Patreon, so I'm actually one chapter ahead. I've stopped supporting her this month, because of the frustration I've already expressed.

The latest chapter is Laken returning to Riverfarm. It's an okay chapter. Piratebea used the "then he told her his plan" without actually telling the reader, and then just showing the reaction. I find this way of writing annoying, especially in a story like this, where you have to wait a week or more to find out what the plan actually is. It was used two times in the chapter and the chapter ends on a cliffhanger. Very annoying.
    Ryoka have a few good moments, but it is soured by the end of the chapter.
    Another huge mystery is added, that I really hope ties in to some of the other plot points, because the amount of open plot points is stupidly high.

2. Barzûl

Barzûl Third Year DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

Someone on Reddit described Pirateaba's writing as several novellas being written concurrently, and it shows at times.
    I don't mind a few open plotlines, but we have the Flos, Erin, Rags, Baleros, Laken etc.
    Cutting down to Erin, Flos, Ryoka and Laken would help being a reader a lot, as I don't have to remember things that happened 500k words ago.

I haven't read the Patreon chapter yet, but in general I found the witch arc dissatisfying. The author loves portraying the wicked and evil as nuanced, which is great in some sense, but if
    Belavier had turned out to be good at her core
    I would've been very annoyed. Laken chapters in general makes me want to pull my hair out.

3. Majube

Majube Auror

High Score:
    If anyone liked this story in the past I strongly suggest reading the latest chapter. Its another huge monster chapter and imo I dont think there any really spoilery parts in it so you can just pick up this chapter and read it without needing to know prior arcs. The only thing that might be confusing is Grimalkin, hes a very strong and high level mage from Pallas.

The Horns of Hammerad are my favourite characters of this story if they survive

4. throwaawy

throwaawy Third Year

The status quo finally went off the rails and it seems we’re about to hit the start of a big “bystander reaction” by the wider world regarding Erin.

And of all the reasons for it...
    it’s Bird’s fault.

My sides.

5. DeathShade

DeathShade Third Year

Pretty much as soon as we left the Laken chapters behind, the story started getting more enjoyable again.
    My recommendation: Skip the Laken chapters. They don't really matter all that much, and they almost killed my interest in the story.