1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Thus, We Are Slain - M - Naruto/Bleach

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Heleor, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Title: Thus, We Are Slain
    Author: Creatio_Ex_Nihilo
    Rating: M
    Genre: General
    Pairing: Naruto/Kurenai, apparently?
    Summary: It was a move of desperation. None could have foreseen the effects of exposing an infant fresh from the womb to an entity that held dominion over life and death. Uzumaki Naruto would learn that death isn't always the end; that with death there is rebirth.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4515233/1/Thus_We_Are_Slain

Yeah, yeah, I know. Naruto/Bleach. It's basically another Naruto-gets-a-sword, but the author promised that there would be no Bleach characters, so it's more of a fusion.

The writing is really well-done in my opinion. Still pretty short, but definitely enough to recommend. Not sure how it will be received here, so we'll see.

2. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Too early to give a review.

I like what is written so far. My only real complaint is that the author types a lot while saying little. Slow pacing scares me. Especially if at nearly 40k words in we've only covered one night.

Seriously, does this guy think he's James Clavill writing Noble House?

Edit: I'm also curious as to how Kurenai will fit into the fic. I will refuse to read the story though if the next 60k words are spent with team selections and the genin team test. Hopefully the current wordiness is only because the author felt like explaining every last frakkin detail.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2009
  3. chaosfire999

chaosfire999 Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

I would say that it is too early to review, if i had been able to finish the second chapter. I give this a 2/5 but i wont rate it becuase it might just be my bias against the plot.

The characters seemed forced and the narative was overdone, at some points it seemed like the author was competing in the "stick lots of big words into one sentence" competition. When an author starts using words like "exequies", "axiomatically" and "vitriolic" where ever they can I find it starts cutting into the quality of the writing.

Here... a few quotes of line that, to me, are a little over the top:

Maybe its just me, but i find purple prose to not be enjoyable reading material... it gets too old too fast.