1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Timely Errors by Worfe - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by nonjon, Jun 2, 2008.

1. della_couer

della_couer Second Year

Hm, probably feels unfinished because it is. The author did say that the next chapter was already being worked on.

2. LuxDragon

LuxDragon Fourth Year

He also said that if were a jerk, then the story is pretty much done.

3. della_couer

della_couer Second Year

Guess it depends on whether you think the author is a jerk then.

4. IBG

IBG Seventh Year

I enjoyed the new chapter, and look forward to seeing what the author does next.

5. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Not sure if he's changed the ending author's note since some of you folks read it, but he says:
    So the story is clearly not done. I thought this chapter was excellent. Really, really well done. A couple of glaring errors at the end (June instead of July and "the Potter and Mudblood" instead of "Potter and the Mudblood") aside, I loved this. All the slow build-up and brief trip to the past culminating in a very nicely crafted duel between Harry and Voldemort. Barten's gruesome end and all this nicely fitting explanation for why James was seen as such a hero, how he changed so much between sixth and seventh year, and a very true to canon application of the personality and father he grew into.

The fittingly bitter irony of Harry finally getting a camera and disappearing back to the future before he can even take a picture (although the original photographer snapped one or two so that Harry may have a picture of not just his father, but him and his father).

I thought this was great. And I have high hopes for a second truly inspired clash between this Harry Potter and Voldemort in the present/future.

I was definitely enjoying this fic before, but with this chapter I'm loving it. It's moved up to 5/5 for me (pretty sure I gave it a 4/5 before).

6. Illnill

Illnill First Year

There's a lot of fics with the same general premise, but this is very well-written and even interesting. I like the writing style, there aren't many grammatical mistakes, so all in all, very good.

I enjoyed the time-loop idea. It fits in with Rowling's idea of time travel and better explains the reasoning behind attacking the Potters. The duel at the beginning was bordering on excellent. I'm looking forward to more scenes like this.

I don't usually give something higher than a four, but -

5/5

7. azrael

azrael Professor

I agree with nonjon, before this chapter I would have given this 4/5, but now I say 5/5. It has good characterization, little angst, and this chapter gave us a decent action scene as well as a better look into why Harry was chosen.

8. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

I'll just say ditto to what the past several people have said.

The one thing that I liked the most about this chapter, like it was already said, is the reason why Voldemort went after Harry and not Neville. I'm very curious to see what the author does with this story now that Harry is back in his own time.

Edit: 400 posts. :D

9. della_couer

della_couer Second Year

Was thinking about it some. Knew in the beginning we were all wondering what the 'point' of the story was. I think with this chapter we figured it out. Everything seems to have lead up to finding out the 'reason' Harry was marked.

If that is the case...well it was well organized. Nice plot structure.

10. LuxDragon

LuxDragon Fourth Year

This fic really reminds me of the Prince of Persia video games. Mostly from the 2nd one "Warrior Within".

It seems funny how Harry is the the start of his life. While he didn't have a direct effect on James and Lily, I still get the feeling that despite the fact they no one remembers Harry, his influence was still felt. At the very least, Harry protected his father, which allowed him to see how much of an ass he was and grow up, allowing James to marry Lily.

Then, of course, there's the fact that Voldemort now has a interest in the Potters over the Longbottoms because of Harry's apperance.

It's like Harry was the one that secured his birth and ultimately the death of his parents, as well as get Voldemort's attention early on. Great stuff.

11. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

Hell I'll admit it, when I realized the whole premise rested on the idea that a teacher would knowingly send his students back in time, I gave up on the story for a few weeks.

Going back to read it now, I find it very comical (maybe because I just started school again and met my teachers?). I didn't expect much out of this fic, and really some of it was written in a way that needs some work. All in all however it was enjoyable. 4/5

12. Yume Deli

Yume Deli First Year

I followed this story a while ago and I have to say this is the best marauder-era time-travel story I ever saw. Now there is only to hope that the story stays the same quality now Harry is back in the present .

5/5

13. Novera

Novera Seventh Year

Easily one of my (current) favorites. I usually avoid this type of story out of hand, but... for some reason the summary sounded humorous. Glad I clicked. It’s funny, has great characterization, and is shaping up to be an inventive fic.

5/5

(Even though Harry is suddenly a sugar addict...)

14. TehLicha

TehLicha First Year

Whoot! It just updated and is now completed.

The only complaint I have is that Barten somehow got completely re-pieced together? I was under the impression that he was blown to bits.

15. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Nice conclusion.

Although Neville's panic that Harry may have done something with his mum makes me want to go read a story where Harry goes back in time to hook up with Alice. Screw Frank.

16. della_couer

della_couer Second Year

You know it was completed, and most of the ends were effectively tied away. But there were some bits left open, The defense prof. and Dean, Voldemort once again among the living, I'd be curious if this fic has any intentions other than leaving an ending open to interpretation.

17. fuubar

fuubar Headmaster

Heh I was kind of hoping for more to this story but this tied everything off nicely. An excellent story that I am kind of sad to see completed.

18. The Sour Kraut

The Sour Kraut Seventh Year

Nice chapter and nice ending. But I'd really like to know what happened between Barten and Dean - did Dean have something with his grandmother in 1896? Is he Barten's granddad?

Overall, I loved the laid back attitude of this story:
    Other writers would have made it an angsty emotional scene with Hermione crying and Harry thinking about his impending death. Worfe's version is much more enjoyable and, honestly, after six years those three should have come to terms with such things.

I also liked that Harry was a bit barmy just like Dumbledore. The whole lemon drops thing made me laugh more than once and - like nonjon said - Harry's weekday preferences are endearing.

Awesome story and Worfe should really continue writing.

19. LuxDragon

LuxDragon Fourth Year

Oh wow, it appears Worfe is creating a series of oneshots based off this story to expand some of the characters (MWPP age) after Harry's return.

Only 3 chapters up right now, but I didn't really feel that it deserved it's own thread since it's really just an add-on than it's own story.

Here it is, Timely Errors Requiem:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5197953/1/