1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Hunt 3 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by jwlk, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

What if the judge gets shot night 1 and no one realises it?

---------- Post automerged at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

It gives us less info from vote wagons. There's always the chance of the judge going inactive or disagreeing with what the consensus is and going off to do their own thing. The judge role is useful in late game situations because it means scum don't necessarily win when they have equal numbers to town or if the vote is legitimately tied, but it's not something we want to be using unless we have to. Relying on an individual is never a good thing to have to do.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Kai, thoughts on Zeitgeist? In general, his meta, what you think of him voting you for Lump's BFF?

in which blab makes no vote, says nothing alignment-related, and asks a setup question which has already been discussed, demonstrating that he either did not feel reading the previous three pages before posting was important or just wants to be seen saying something and appearing "active".

Unvote: KaiDASH

Early Lynch: blab

Oh. I was hoping you'd say we should judge so I could disagree with you, but okay.

This is generally not a pro-town strategy, just FYI, if you're town then you need to take an active role in scum hunting. Doesn't make you scum, yet, but I do expect you to try to be active and hunt scum. Partly so I'll be able to tell whether you're scum.

Turn the question around: If you're scum and know that something seems scummy, why do it?

Why do you think fontisian is "easily" town here? That seems weirdly overconfident for this early.

3. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

This is how your post reads to me

'what if magic fairies from mars descend and kill all of the scum for us while we implement stupid plans'

lynch aekiel

Zeit is a player I haven't played with in like, a year and a half iirc. Previously I would have rated him as reasonably solid but he has buttons that are pressable for endless enjoyment.

I think it's cute that Zeit thinks he reads me so well that he'd support me for lump right out the gate.

4. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

I want to hear what Aekiel has to say before I throw my lynch vote at him. Maybe he'll radically change my mind. Although Aekiel and Luckylee are pinging my admittedly rusty scumdar, I abstain from voting until my guess is more solid. :/

Also, hi Kai. Glad to see you haven't changed. :p

5. KaiDASH

Change is for people who aren't already perfect.

-

Rubicon, why were you 'hoping' for fontisian to be +judge lynch for d1?

Wetnurse, are there any players here you would characterize as difficult to lynch? (based on previous game xp)

Bill Door, how mad are you on a scale from 1 roleclaimed role to 10 roleclaimed roles?

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Good point, though that doesn't change D1 possibilities.

I'd say it depends on the individual, but I accept the point. The way I see it is that the witches are the informed minority, therefore if we are able to limit what they learn on any given night we're making up the gap between us and them. That is always a good thing, especially since they have Soup.

As a side note, I hadn't realised that Soup was a thing in this when I suggested people claim before being lynched. I'm amending that suggestion to using only claiming if it's absolutely necessary. If you're the Priest and it's D3 and you're about to be lynched, better to claim and drop what info you have than go down without a fight. Claims should be an absolute last resort in this.

7. Bill Door

About 3 priests and a Gravedigger.

8. KaiDASH

Prophylaxis, blab, luckylee

Each of you pick one of the following question and answer it, then ask someone else a (new) question

1. How should roleclaims be handled?
    2. When Angels are notified about the Crusader kill, what should they consider?
    3. Why aren't you voting to lynch Aekiel?

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

There's still the possibility of the judge going off on their own. The whole idea reduces the pressure inherent in votes, which makes scumhunting today more difficult. What do you mean by "stop the witches from being able to use one of their abilities from night one onwards"?

The bolded sentence is phrased oddly. Why are you thinking about the odds of the judge hitting town instead of the odds of the judge hitting scum?

Zeit: You missed my questions.

10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    1. How should roleclaims be handled?
    2. When Angels are notified about the Crusader kill, what should they consider?
    3. Why aren't you voting to lynch Aekiel?

Alright I'm back.

1.Roleclaims should be handled with a grain of salt, and I hope nobody is stupid enough to mod game like blab did in the last mini mafia. If someone claims your role pressure them please. If it comes down to it I wouldn't role claim unless you can prove the other person is lying, although I would say claim if it looks like you're gonna be lynched and the other person is using your role. Sorry if I didn't word that well.

2.I'm not really sure how Angels can do anything regarding the Crusader kill, if I read it correctly only the dead can do something about it.

3.I just got back so I haven't switched my Lynch yet, I probably will after another reread of the thread.

11. blab

blab Second Year

Yes, I missed something, I already said that.
    Because it was around 6 in the morning and I just checked in with my phone on my way to Uni.

Well yeah, it was just a post to check in.

About Prophylaxis: While openly stating the desire to lurk is better than actually trying to fly under the radar I don't think you should be just ok with it on principle.

I don't like how LuckyLee did a "no you" vote.

About Aekiel:
    I don't like the judge stuff and I honestly can't see the benefit of dictating who the judge should kill instead of lynching. On the other hand I didn't like his mechanics talk last game. All of his four posts were about mechanics....
    @Aekiel:
    I think it's safe to say we aren't going to implement any such plan. You are now allowed to talk about something else, you know, scumhunt like you promised you would in your first post. In fact, why haven't you yet?

About Zeitgeist:
    I don't like this. Because I think generally explanations on "town-tells" are bad, especially early game. Especially as the question was only on how KaiDASH plays as scum.
    I also don't like him asking somebody else what he thinks of him.
    Also: the voting for somebody else thing: while purposefully doing something that one considers scummy oneself is not definitely scummy, it is annoying at best given that it makes the game harder to read (for me).

Lynch Zeitgeist

I'll answer 2 because 1 is hard and will probably vary from case to case (role to role) and my answer about 3 can probably taken from this post:

They should consider that all dead are involved in the prevention, consider all info they have and consider that protection will strongly-townfirm the target to the crusader, given that all protection abilities are town-sided. (clown def town, spiritcaller town, spiritcaller+angelprotect probably town) also the occultist role.

12. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Forgot to ask my question:

Hey Proph, why are you content to lurk?

13. blab

blab Second Year

I am not denying that it was a bad play, but I wasn't mod-gaming.
    Also, Why did you answer all three?

14. Bill Door

You do realise that the Angels themselves are, you know, dead?

15. KaiDASH

Obviously I give zero shits about coaching scum play wrt Crusader.

So, to rephrase my question (and still ask _exactly_ the same thing):

How should the dead town players react to a crusader kill?

---------- Post automerged at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

ebwop:

Bill, why do you think luckylee answered all 3 instead of picking one?

16. Bill Door

Because it seems that way too many people don't read instructions properly and say more than they were asked for.

17. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    >.> I thought the Angels and the Dead were separate, and I misread the only answer one question post. If they're not separate I'm not sure if they should block the kill or not. I guess it depends on how the game progresses, ie if the target looks scummy/or their death will yield important info for town I don't think the dead should block it. But I thought the Dead were dead scum, and Angels were dead town.

18. KaiDASH

half of it is still outstanding.

19. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I asked Proph why he was content to lurk.

20. KaiDASH

Do you think that question will be useful?