1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Hunt 3 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by jwlk, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

blab, I don't think it's very likely but I've seen stranger things before and I'm not going to rule anything out without a good reason.

2. CrashLTD

CrashLTD Fifth Year

Alright, so Proph and Vira are lurking. I'm kinda suspicious of blab and Bill Door but Proph and Vira are worse. Both of you need to talk NOW.

3. blab

blab Second Year

@Wetnurse:

Titus was 100% town. How does scum!Bill then make any sense? (genuine question)

Also, make a case on me stating your suspicions.

Anyway, my reread: {blab, Prophylaxis, Wetnurse, Vira/Probellum}.

blab: I think even from a neutral viewpoint I am unlikely to be scum with Aekiel and Rubicon. I would be willing to show why (eg. #139, #199, #377, #460, #530) but I'd prefer analysis on me by Bill or Sesc.

Prophylaxis: Also unlikely to be scum with Aekiel and Rubicon (or he is just really good at distancing) Because of stuff like this:
    or this:
    or this:
    or this:
    There are also posts later than this, but they are not good examples because of the likelyhoods that we would lynch EricF (rubicon) those days.

Wetnurse:
    Day 1 Wetnurse doesn't have much, though this post looks bad:
    The thing on Zeit, the defense of Aekiel, both the conversations with Rubicon and Aekiel which are tame (not scumhunting)

Day 2 is marginally better, with the lynch-vote switch from fontisian to EricF. Though, ensuring the lynch on fontisian is still bad when the judge was guaranteed to be alive and everybody on wants to lynch EricF instead.
    I don't like this read-post:
    The reasoning on Zeitgeist is bad and the scumteam is WTF, the same with the scumteam with Rubicon.
    The reasons for suspicions are: Zeit has not yet claimed pie/no-pie, Zeit has not yet claimed pie/no-pie, gut feel. Maybe confirmation-bias but this feels like a distancing with Rubicon post.
    Again posts later are not really indicative, because of the likelyhoods of lynching EricF/Rubicon. A little bit of role-fishing could be mentioned.

Vira/Probellum:
    I still feel this town!vibe from Probellum. Though I can't find posts seperating him from a Aekiel/Rubicon scumteam. He is also kind of soft defending Aekiel a bit (being derpy as town) Vira's first post also doesn't read well in retrospect. Bu other than tha I have trouble pinning her/him down as scum.

Let's look at what our dead townies had to say in their last reads:
    Titus: ....yeah
    Zircon: nothing
    LuckyLee: says he has no idea who the third scum is
    KaiDASH: Died Day 1, so is a bit dated:
    Right on fontisian/Rubicon, right on Aekiel. Likelyhood of last scum according to him:
    Wetnurse/blab
    Proph
    Proudboar
    fontisian:
    (Not quoting fully because too long) Also has Aekiel as scummy, Rubicon as lean scum
    fontisians conclusion:
    blab
    Wetnurse
    (Proudboar/Vira)/Probellum
    According to Unaligned pairs only Wetnurse is possible with EricF/Rubicon, though.

Vote count analysis
    is kind of screwed given the judge thing Day 1, and the basically unanimous votes Day 3 and Day 4.
    Day 2:
    fontisian (7+1): rubicon, ollie (#344), ericf, proudboar, billdoor, Titus, Wetnurse
    ericf (4): prophylaxis, luckylee, fontisian, blab
    Isn't really that conclusive either, except that I again don't like Wetnurse switching at the end, and again like Proph's "we're lynching EricF instead.

Conclusion:
    we should lynch Wetnurse.
    Proph is towny, I am town and think I should read as towny as well. I am less sure on Vira.

Lynch Wetnurse

---------- Post automerged at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

@Bill:

btw, if we massclaim, I'd prefer it in the exact opposite order you suggested

4. Bill Door

Okay, I want a decision on whether or not we should massclaim. Can everyone give me a yay/nay?

If not then let's do some old fashioned scum hunting.

5. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Bill Door, I only just read the thread. I have certain ideas and plans, let's just make sure that we don't have two colliding ones. If you can wait a little while longer, I want to consider pros and cons before I decide. Expect a post in an hour or so.

6. Bill Door

That's fine. I just don't want to spend the whole day doing nothing and getting rushed into a lynch at the end.

7. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't think we should claim. It's too risky with soup involved. If we fail in getting the last scum, game over.

I agree that Wetnurse is acting strangely. Sesc and Proph remain town, and Blab and Bill continue to avoid being pinned down.

Therefore, I'm fine with lynching Wetnurse.

Lynch Wetnurse.

8. Sesc

All right. If we do claim, we use a fix order. Prophylaxis, Vira, Wetnurse, blab, me, Bill.

That said, we are six, need four to lynch, and have only one witch left. We have one mislynch left at the very least, unless the witches somehow go nuts on soup. I think I have a decent grasp on the game, and the chances that we finish it off without claiming aren't too bad. What's your opinion, Bill?

9. blab

blab Second Year

I don't think we are in danger of loosing the game if we don't get scum today so I think lynching today and massclaiming next day is definitively better, therefore we shouldn't do it today.

...but I'm not Bill

10. Bill Door

The downsides to waiting till the next day is we might be down another townfirmed player which means the scum have a better chance of picking a dead role and we might get souped anyway. But if you think it's better to wait then we can just do it tomorrow.

---------- Post automerged at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Okay, Proph is unlikely to be scum because of his very aggressive attacks on Aekiel early on, that would have been some crazy bussing. He was also the first person to vote Rubicon day 4. I'd put him as least likely to be scum if the 4.

Proudboar really seemed like newb town early on but looking back all of his scum reads were on town players and he repeatedly wrote Aekiel off as just being derpy. Vira hasn't really done anything. Possibly scum but meh.

blab I can maybe see being in a team with Aek but it's a bit more of a stretch to see him in a team with Rubicon. I'd rate him as about as likely as Vira to be scum.

I don't see anything that makes me think Wetnurse can't be in a team with Eric and Rubicon and he's been fairly high on my scum list for most of the game so he's probably be my preferred lynch.

11. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Sorry for my derp activity these past few days. I want to hear Bill Door's plan before we move forward with a Wetnurse lynch, though.

I think we should lynch Wetnurse today and work off of night actions/analysis tomorrow, if the game doesn't end with Wetnurse's lynch. I'm fairly sure it will, though.

Hm. Checking through interactions..

This kind of feels like Aekiel was trying to weakly distance from Wetnurse, by asking a derp question and applying small pressure.

EricF doesn't really mention Wetnurse until he lists his top three scum reads, which are:

I'm pretty certain that Eric put the standard scum configuration of town!Titus, town!font, and scum!Wetnurse.

I feel like this was a last-minute distancing attempt for Wetnurse to get to endgame by running a sort of Setesh Gambit.

Rubicon interactions..

Lol, Rubicon and Aek say that Wetnurse is "weird".

Yeah, I'm around 85% certain that Wetnurse is scum.

Doing a quick skim of Rubicon's posts and he barely interacts with Wetnurse. I don't think he even followed up on his question.

Hm.

Remember how Eric listed his top three scum reads?

Yeah, let's win this.

Lynch Wetnurse

I want Bill Door or Sesc to check my work.

12. Bill Door

What do you mean by my plan?

---------- Post automerged at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

My reasoning for Wetnurse is pretty much the same as yours, but I'll also throw in this quote.

13. blab

blab Second Year

He probably meant to say Sesc's plan

14. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Okay, great.

I'm not placing bets on who is the last scum if Wetnurse isn't.

15. Sesc

Concentrate on people other than blab, Bill. What I want to know is if the Gravedigger is still around (that's not an order to claim). If he is, and used his power already, that'd be useful right around now. If he hasn't, I'd strongly suggest he does so tonight.

Bill, what about this: Gravedigger reveals only if he's got the check in already but not the results. If he has, we go down the list with the reveals, and Gravedigger checks if that makes sense. If there's no Gravedigger, or no check yet, there's no reveal, and no claiming, except perhaps for the person we're lynching.

16. Bill Door

Do dead players learn who is scum and town?

17. blab

blab Second Year

No, that would make no sense

18. Bill Door

Because if so I might have a plan.

DOB and crusader, if they're alive, both reveal. We lynch the DOB, get him to target one of the other 2 players. Get the Crusader to target the other. Win?

Actually, I dont think it matter if the dead know who is scum as long as they allow the kill to got through.

---------- Post automerged at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

DOB has to be alive, the crusader might not be. So we'd have to get the crusader to claim first.

---------- Post automerged at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

If the crusader has already tried to use their kill then they shouldn't claim anyway.

19. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    How about we lynch Wetnurse normally, and then if he turns out to be town, make a different plan in the morning.

Let's save role claiming for another time, in another game.

20. blab

blab Second Year

@Bill
    You are assuming that Sesc or Bill isn't the DOB. Also scum has a chance to tie through soup. Plus [redacted]