1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Tiny Hunt 3 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by jwlk, Nov 20, 2013.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Post 39: Lump votes Aekiel. Pushes the judge plan. Explains that he doesn’t have much time (which he has previously stated in the signup thread). Asks Zeit a good question and Proph a poor one.
    Post 46: Response to KaiDASH’s concerns about the judge plan.
    Post 60: Further defense of the judge plan, though he backs off it a bit. It sort of reminds me of the times I attempt to propose plans in DLPhunt 3, and was called scum for my efforts. This bit:
    is bad because the difference between 3/4 and 10/13 is only 1/52 and Aekiel was thinking about the lynch hitting town rather than hitting scum. He also advocates the Oracle and Gravedigger coming forward later in the game which is bad for soup reasons.
    Post 66: Further defense of the judge plan. This bit:
    is strange because Aekiel never actually suggested that people should claim before being lynched.

Tl:dr Aekiel’s been fairly absent, but that alone isn’t scummy. I don’t think scum!Aekiel would be stupid enough to continue to advocate a bad plan, but little details in his posts don’t add up. I’d put him as leaning scum, but he’s not my preferred lynch at the moment.

2. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

That actually wasn't even the question she asked you, and the real one wasn't useless.

Anyway, here:

That really isn't the way to do it (at least she amended with a less-sucky one later).

In answer to an early pressure post with a lynch vote. I wouldn't call this useless, but it's a leading question which she later uses to twist poor (or buddy) Luckylee's words, by asking more questions than actually needed by making them (voluntarily or not) less than optimal.

This is useless because it just doesn't work, worded like that.

Almost useless (except for posturing as town-police). What would a scummy answer to it be? A likely one, I mean. Even not answering it isn't scummy.

She did ask good questions (I liked the ones directed at Zeitgeist and that he ignored) and she also did say she felt hyperactive, so maybe she's just firing lots of bullets hoping to hit something. She's simply different from the good old fotisian I'm used to, but I skimmed the past few games at best, so her gameplay could have simply evolved into this.

That's the true reason I'm dropping out: to not deal with it. :rolleyes:

Because you don't seem to care about how you look (and now our interaction will look fishy, but I guess you just don't care, amirite? :rolleyes:). Still horrible and I've been burnt before (that's why I'm leaning and would lynch, beside the irritating business).

Of course you don't. :) (refresh: you did a bit but the situation was stupidly not subtle. Rubicon, remind me of what you were the last time I accused you of rolefishing?)

Anyway, I'm out. See you in more or less 20 hours, if jwlk doesn't replace me before that. Bye.

3. fontisian

I was actually playing the "pressure the easy mislynch to see who jumps on board" game. It's pretty fun. You should try it some time. Though, for that question in particular I was wondering if Luckylee was serious about his vote.

"Good old fontisian." Wasn't I trying to shove a lynch down your throat in your last game?

Rubicon: The next you feel like talking about roles in the thread, don't.

blab and Wetnurse (if you're alive): Give me some reads.

I'm reading both KaiDASH and Zeit as fairly scummy right now, but the odds of them both being scum are pretty much non-existent. Eh, I'll try to decide which of them I want dead in the morning.

4. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Check the rules. If a witch is lynched by a standard vote their scumbuddies get to use their ability for one night afterwards. So if the Demon were to be lynched today, the living witches would still get the Priest/Oracle targets.

It's a matter of probability. There's a greater chance (in a vacuum) of hitting town than scum on day one, so that's the way I phrased it. It's standard grammar.

5. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Hey Aekiel, answer the other stuff.

6. Aekiel

High Score:
    Having been playing a Hunt style game on the fantasy strike forums for a couple of weeks now, I'm beginning to disagree with the idea that mechanics talk by itself is a sign of scum. If the goal is to use mechanics to give us an edge over scum, how exactly is that -EV? We're not getting points for playing fair here.

Could be because I'm scum or it could be because I had to go to work, which do you think is more likely?

---------- Post automerged at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

Christ, give me a minute. I've literally just got back and am replying as I go through the thread.

---------- Post automerged at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Okay, I'm caught up.

Zeitgeist: Give me a second person you would give Lump to (discounting KaiDASH and yourself).

Proudboar: Build a case for your top scumread. Why should we lynch them?

Blab: What do you think of Rubicon so far?

7. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

I'll reiterate that I'm new. I don't know nearly the same amount of tells and such the rest of you do. I mostly have vague impressions and the occasional bit of insight. It's why of I've been asking people for their reads on others.

KaiDASH and Zeitgeist, both seem likely and unlikely at the same time. Zeit giving his Lump Vote to Kai so quickly was really suspicious. Of course, then I had doubts, when I thought of something I'm not even sure is practical too try and be subtle about anymore. Apart from that, I've just found some truth in a lot of other things people have said. Of course, there's still the chance my doubts are right.

In my head, the safest bet is to Lynch Zeitgeist, because if he's town, I suspect him of having a less useful role.

I'm not sure if that's what you wanted as a case and reason to lynch, but I've been a tad out of it since the Valium kicked in.

8. Aekiel

High Score:
    Kinda rambling, but I know what valium does to you so I think I'll let that one pass for now. Once you're down off your high I'd like you to answer that one again.

---------- Post automerged at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

This reads weirdly.

Wetnurse: In your opinion, is it better to give Lump to a strong player or an easy to read one?

9. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Hey Aek I'm really happy for ya and I'ma let you finish but answer my question please.

10. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Sorry, I missed your question before. lol, my level of interest in this game. I guess I'm channelling my inner Vira. =P

My answer is "I don't know". Quite frankly, I wouldn't know how to segue from living to Angel in an effective manner. I'm not the most efficacious mafia player, I guess. My contributions have been more perfunctory than anything. The last time that I played mafia, incidentally also with KaiDASH but on opposite factions, I lost my shit over what's basically a forum game. I have a bad habit of overthinking and getting too emotionally invested in the game, so I guess this time, I'm neither careful nor particularly enthusiastic. I'm trying, but my skills are limited, I guess.

Feel free to lynch me if you want. I acknowledge that with my rusty mafia skills, I'm probably not a particularly valuable asset to the town anyway. I don't particularly mind being the first lynch.

@Aekiel: Myself. I don't trust anybody, and in retrospect, I guess voting to give Kai Lump was a paltry move on my part. Nevertheless, I do think that offering to give him Lump has yielded some... interesting responses.

My question is to blab, I guess. Why do you think you've received lynch votes so far?

---------- Post automerged at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

Also, question to fontisian: what do you think of Wetnurse at the moment?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  11. Aekiel

High Score:
    The one about last game? It's a stupid question.

I use mechanics talk to stimulate discussion since time spent on RVS is time wasted. That and I had very little to actually pressure people on at that point, especially since I was heading to work shortly afterwards. So, mechanics talk.

---------- Post automerged at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

That wasn't the question. Actually, that was specifically not the question.

What makes Kai so different that you'd be willing to trust him when you don't trust anyone else?

Now answer the question as asked, please.

12. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

@Aekiel: You asked me who else other than Kai I'd give Lump to. I said "me". Now you're asking me a different question, which I'm happy to answer. The question of "Why did I pick Kai". Refer back to my previous post: I find him easier to read than, say, fontisian or all the newcomers. I wouldn't give it to you because of your Judge plan.

And lolnope to giving Lumpy to Stojil, since he's as slippery as an Eelektross. Proudbear is giving me town vibes, but he seems too trigger-happy and rash for my tastes.

Lynch me if you want. I don't really care. However, I will say that you should probably consider blab and Proph before you throw me under the bus. Apathetic, rusty, potentially idiotic? Possible. But scum? That, I'm not.

---------- Post automerged at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

@Aekiel: Re-read your question. Lol, I'm tired atm. Misread.

All options are horrid, but if I had to, I'd pick Proudboar. He strikes me as a townsperson who's either an incredibly brilliant witch or a trigger-happy townie who can get caught up in hysteria/mob mentality. And the latter is far more likely than the former. Ergo, since he strikes me as town-ish, I'd give it to him, if I had to.

13. Aekiel

High Score:
    Check again. I said Kai or yourself.

---------- Post automerged at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 AM ----------

Ugh. Ninja'd.

14. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

I'd like to say I'm not always this trigger happy, I've just been on Valium all day for anxiety and stress. Been having flashbacks to my coma and shit. Would've used ativan, but I ran out and I can't find the bottle that had 4 more refills on it.

____________-
    Urgh, after 7 tries at trying to say something different, I've given up. I'll wait till later, after I've gotten some sleep and to put my thoughts in order and make them understandable.

15. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

The problem isn't that you were talking about mechanics, it's that you were talking about bad mechanics.

16. fontisian

Hmmm.
    That's standard grammer.

Zeit: That really didn't answer my questions.

1. When I asked "And if you get shot night 1?", I was asking how exactly you intend to tell us if Kai is scum if you happen to die early on.

2.You missed this:
    "Hey blab, make a case against yourself."

Unvote
    Vote Zeitgeist

I'll get to this in a bit.

17. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Really. Doesn't saying this:

defeat the purpose of your little game, then? Also, shouldn't the fact that no one actually jumped on board make you more suspicious of Luckylee, rather than less? And finally, it just doesn't qualify as an "easy mislynch" if you force it like you did.

Serious? That vote? As in post #12?

...come on.

Rescind
    Lynch: fontisian

That said, imagine a nice Thumb-Up below your last post (why are they against the rules, again?). Aren't you glad I haven't asked you to make a case against yourself... yet?

Not impressed with Zeitgeist's "defense". Apathy is irritating. The expression "throw under the bus" is scummy. Saying we should consider blab and Proph before you and not explaining why is both.

Depending on fontisian (and you, I guess), I'm probably going to switch back soon (still hours of inactivity away). Bye.

18. fontisian

I thought Luckylee's reaction to Proph was weird, and forced it to see if anyone jumped on. Proudboar did, but he gets a bit of a pass because of newness, and KaiDASH sort of jumped on in post 68 (I got the impression that he was testing the waters) and continued to push it after that.

Luckylee started looking better around post 94, so I was happy to drop my vote and naked vote Kai. I might even switch back to Kai if Zeit answers my questions well.

Yes, seriously. We were just coming out of RVS and I wasn't sure if Luckylee was voting as a joke, because he didn't want Proph to lurk, or because he actually thought Proph was scummy.

Good news is Stojil's pressure on me on Day 1 probably means he's town.

19. blab

blab Second Year

Proudboar, Luckylee, Uncle Stojil on the town side of null,
    Zeitgeist scummy
    I don't like purposefully lurking on principle.

I am assuming that you go to work even if you are scum. Anyway the point was that you announced in your first post that you would scum-hunt but you hadn't.

Why did you ask me specifically about Rubicon?
    I find it interesting that he brought up the judge thing #18 and you ask me now about him. I have no strong read on Rubicon.

I don't really know what you are asking, since both of them were explained. Can I imagine them as scum voting? Possibly, but unlikely that they are both. What do you get out of this question?

This is bad, esp. if you are town. Why?

Who is you?

20. fontisian

Wetnurse
    Post 35: Lump votes himself.
    Post 40: Claims to be suspicious of Zeit's lump vote, even though he didn't bring it up in post 35. Calls me townish, which is pretty par for the course with Wetnurse, though I would have expected some more skepticism.
    Post 45: Completly misunderstand Zeit's arguement, though I like the continued pressure on Zeit.

He's a complete null for me. I'm considering Wetnurse a possible Zeit teammate, though that's more from Zeit's actions towards him than his actions towards Zeit.

Zeit: Why ask me about Wetnurse?

Why?
    I start to feel uncomfortable when someone's reads completely match the stances I've taken in the thread.