1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Preist is our investigator and the Judge prevents us from not lynching, which is a good thing. Of course, we might get a bit screwed over if the two roles aren't played very well, but they're a nice thing to have.

2. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

First off, "bleh", since it had an error and I had to rewrite this.

Anyway... I apologize, KaiDASH. School papers being due and all that, even if it isn't really an excuse. That, and I found the new updates to the Diablo 3 website earlier, as I linked, which distracted me for a few hours.

That being said, I'll answer Zeitgeist's questions as well. Mostly as a way to make up for my inactivity today, than to avoid your vaunted suspicion. Since really, everyone is suspicious, with the unrevealed roles. We don't even know if the lynched Aekiel was innocent or guilty.

1) Firstly, I voted for you, but that's mostly irrelevant to your question. Second, as I expressed, I was reluctant to give anybody that kind of extra power, since there was no reliable way to determine innocence or guilt. As such, I opted to avoid such an onus upon myself, and tied up the votes, leaving it to Aekiel to make the deciding vote. Of course, he went and got himself killed for metagame reasons, but I digress.

2) The general idea that I 'learned', so to speak, is quite simple. Sometimes the guilty people can appear quite innocent when compared to the innocent people that are doing a bang-up job of seeming guilty in their stead. That, and mob mentality follows the standard established rules.

3) Honestly, I would say the Priest and the Demon. The checks of the Priest are just as important as any Investigator, and the Demon relies on the Priest to be effective. With the results of the Priest checks, the Demon can help Witches for strategies based upon which players have been checked, and which have not.
    If I had to select two Pro-Town roles specifically, I would say Priest again, then probably the Spiritualist. The former for the same reasons, and the latter since, in theory the Angel's have an idea of who is innocent based upon the Priest's checks, and by extension the Spiritualist might know as well, without the Priest being specifically outed.

3. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Probably say the Priest is the most important.

Second most important is kind of a toss up between the Acolyte and the Spiritualist. I feel like the Judge and the Vigilante have a lot of power, but it can hurt us as well, as they might kill innocents. So while they're powerful, I might not put them as second place. I feel like the Acolyte, with the ability to keep our Priest alive, could be considered more important.

To be honest I'm not sure who to vote for. I know we need to lynch, and the whole "Maybe lynching isn't the best idea" thing that's being brought up seems like a dangerous mindset to have at the moment. So that seems suspicious to me, but it doesn't necessarily mean that they're witchy.

4. Little Knee

Little Knee Seventh Year

.....I'm currently so tempted to lynch vote you, OnTheImportanceofLungs. But I'll hold my vote for a while, until I get more clues of who's more suspicious than you here.

Then, answering Zeit's question: the most important pro-town roles, in my opinion, are Judge and Priest. Judge because he's so badass, and he can help us get rid of someone we very suspect if no majority of vote reached. And priest because he can tell us which one of town people are the evil persons here.

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Slightly less than 12 hours to end of day 2.

Get those lynch votes in (If you want)!

6. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    But I'm just another traveling minstrel who sings terrible songs!

/me trollgrins. ;D

7. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Zeit's question 3: You're deflating the topic at hand again. But as it is, I have a different opinion from most of you. I think the most important roles are Judge and Vigilante.

The judge holds almost absolute power and can almost decide most of the times who to lynch. This means that if we're lucky, the judge is the sharpest, most rational person of the villagers such that he would make the correct judgements. If not, we're screwed.

Now, as to why the vigilante over the priest... I feel the priest has a MASSIVE role, don't get me wrong, but I find the vigilante more useful. This is because the vigilante kill is the only way we can know FOR SURE publicly that we've mislynched 2 times. Hence, it serves as a signal/sign for us of who among the dead are likely innocent. The priest, however, can check one's identity for sure, but will be unable to actually tell all the people what he knows without getting his identity revealed. In that sense, I feel vigilante has a very slight advantage over the priest. If the vigilante doesn't die/is dead, that is.

Edit: Of course, this is merely my own opinion and drawn from what I understand of the roles and I completely get why everyone else feels the priest is more important. But as it is, I gave my honest answer to the question.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  8. KaiDASH

I'll probably end the day 2-ish hours late tomorrow so feel free to continue discussion during that time.

9. Vira

High Score:
    I CHOOSE YOU!

FILLER!

10. KaiDASH

As the day comes to a close, the townspeople eagerly await the tallying of the votes. After a time, it is revealed that no Majority was reached. Disappointed, the townspeople begin to disperse when suddenly the ground begins to shake! It's an Earthquake! Panicked, everybody huddles together.

After the Earthquake dies down, a headcount is taken - Everybody is still alive! For some reason, the townspeople seem unhappy with this development. However, Lutris points out that the orphanage animal shelter has been crushed by a falling hospital fat person, so everyone is happy again.

Satisfied with the bloodshed, the townspeople return to their homes.

Nobody was Lynched today.

Day 2 is over.

It is now night!

Tell me your night actions on your QT and don't post in this thread until Day 3 - Return of the Boogaloo.

Let me know if you're OK with having night end early if everybody gets their night actions in (If you don't answer this, I default you to 'yes').

Also, let me know if you are OK with having your QT being given out here after the game is over.

EDIT: I HEARD MY HOSPITAL CRUSHING A ORPHANAGE GAG WAS IN BAD TASTE SO I CHANGED IT

=========
    End of Day 2 Lynch Tally (7 votes needed for majority - 11 player votes + 1 lump vote)

Zeitgeist (1) - Irene
    Irene (1) - Zeitgeist
    Lungs (1) - Kensington

No Vote (9) - Fiat, Lungs, Little Knee, Fenraellis, Rehio, Vira, Lutris(+Lump), jwlk

=========

Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  11. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

Filler at Kai's request.

12. KaiDASH

Night is over!

Today's Soundtrack (yes, I forgot to include one yesterday)

The Dancer danced all night without rest. "Dancers gonna dance", the Dancer yelled.

"Grahh," KaiDASH groaned, as he was roused abruptly from sleep, "who must I smite for this grave injustice?".

The Witches, cunning as ever, implicated Zeitgeist in the cruel awakening of KaiDASH.

SPLAT.

Zeitgeist has died!

It is now Day 3

Day 3 will end when a majority lynch is reached or after 48 hours has passed, whichever is sooner.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  13. Vira

High Score:
    Okay, I don't know whether to point a finger at Irene or scratch my head in confusion. There goes our biggest suspect.

14. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Fuck. I made a huge mistake (Which I already suspected but still, getting proven you're an idiot isn't exactly nice.)

It's time to move the thread forward. Rehio and jwlk, I still want to hear your response to Zeit's question. <_< Oh and maybe it's time for us to actually say things and offer information rather than sitting around. It's so hard for us to read each other (And root out the witches) when we are all not saying anything.

I'm looking at you guys especially, Rehio and jwlk. Please stop lurking and join the discussion.

Vira: I know I seem the most suspicious, but if I were a witch I won't have killed the only person I accused most strongly to make myself look like an idiot. Zeit is much better as a scapegoat.

A general question: What do you think is the purpose of the dancer dancing for two nights straight if no one has role-claimed dancer at all?

15. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  16. Little Knee

Little Knee Seventh Year

Fuck, I love that song!! :awesome

......on a serious note, what information you want for us to share, Irene?

17. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    1) Didn't choose to give Lutris lump, so.. yeah. Voted for Zeit to get Lump because the bandwagon on Lutris was creepy and Zeit didn't want it. Figured a witch would jump at the chance to get Lump if someone else voted for them to grab it.

2) I learned that we needed to lynch more in those games. I understand why people are reluctant to lynch in this game, but it feels like we're just waiting around for the power-roles to gather information before anything happens.

Trolling? Might be letting us know that we're down two more useful roles.

18. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Irene: The dancer dances to highlight to the witches that there is still a dancer in the game. Or... to do the only special action that he/she can.

For now I'm curious as to what Lutris is up to as lump. I selected him because I viewed him as less of a threat than Zeit was...but unless Zeit was sacrificed by the other witches (which I kind of doubt, he'd go down in a blaze of crazy souping) it sounds like he was representing the cause of the villagers.

19. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, I imagine that the Dancer would dance because, well... "Dancers gonna dance!"

Honestly, if it's all that one could do, well why not? That and it confirms that at least that particular innocent role is still alive.

20. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Because it tells everyone that a Dancer still exists and that neither Ashaya nor Aekiel is the Dancer?

On Topic rather than answering Irene's question: The thought that came to me after voting's end yesterday was that Ashaya may have been the Judge. As such, we can no longer rely on the judge to kill for us and we need to vote decisively.

Single most suspicious person alive right now is Irene.

Deadline Vote Player: Irene