1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

A confused question... based upon:

KaiDASH, were you merely delayed in posting that Zeitgeist was saved, or did you allow the Martyr's special action during the Day Phase? I just thought it was odd to see him suddenly alive in the middle of the Day Phase, when I thought the Martyr's action only works at night.

[cue ranty-commentary]
    On a related note, if the Vigilante gets his kill opportunity(should he choose to take it) after two mis-lynches, then the next two lynches will be a decent proving ground for a few possible results. (based upon the idea that the Vigilante is still alive)
    A) Opportunity after second lynch= Both Target 1 and 2 were innocent.
    B) No opportunity after second lynch = Either Target 1 or 2 were guilty. One confirmed guilty kill.
    B-1) Opportunity after third lynch = Target 1 was guilty. One confirmed guilty kill.
    B-2) Still no opportunity after third lynch = Target 1 is up for grabs, but either 2 or 3 were guilty. Either 1 is innocent and 2 and/or 3 are guilty, or 1 is guilty, and either 2 or 3 are guilty. One confirmed guilty kill, with another one up for grabs.

...and so on, and so on... Either way, I'm hoping that we get at least three lynches with no Vigilante kill opportunity(this is on the presumption that they are even still alive:confused:). If we can get through four lynches without a living Vigilante and no kill opportunity, then it means at least two Witches were lynched. Of course, that would be another two Night Phases if we lynched everyday, leaving us with only five players left. Then again, that would be five players, with only one Witch.

Here's to hoping the Vigilante is alive, and stays alive that long. I suppose we will know if they are and if four lynching go by without any night flavor text implicating a Vigilante kill than either we we haven't mis-lynched enough, or they are dead.
    [/end]

2. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I gave jwlk a full 24 hours from when he found out Zeit was being night killed to make his decision. Day 3 started during this 24 hour period.

3. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I see. I thought the Martyr would have to declare during the Night Phase, something to the tune of "I, the Martyr, will die to replace whoever dies tonight." I suppose it works in our favor in this case, but it seems a little off to let it work after the fact.

4. KaiDASH

The martyr finds out who is getting night killed and can choose to save them, it isn't a blind thing.

5. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I fully understand now, and I can see why you would give them time, under those circumstances. I'm not really sure how it would be fair to the Martyr otherwise.

6. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Okay. I haven't posted here in a day or two, half due to RL issues, half due to laziness. I apologize for the tardiness of the questionnaire, which I maintain is load of crock.

There are a bunch of iffy-looking people in the game atm, and I'm well aware that I'm one of them- but that's a given as the owner of Lump.

First, the now-UNdead Zeit's questions.

Pardon the TL;DR.

1) The Lump bandwagon makes me feel queasy. I originally went for Lump because I hoped that other people would do the same, galvanizing the game. However, when it quickly became apparent that either some Witches or a foolish villager were trying to turn it into a bandwagon, I rescinded my vote to try and do some damage control.

It's not that I don't want an extra Lynch vote. It's that I don't want the unfortunately large target painted on my back that comes with owning Lump. Unfortunately, the only conceivable ways that other people would know my innocence are if I were the Cadet and the Angels knew me, or I were the Priest and the Acolyte knew me. I'll not say a word on if I am either of those, but the point stands that the greater majority of the player base can't be sure if I'm innocent or guilty. Especially given the possibility of a fake roleclaim, and when in doubt...

Well, let's just say a lot of people would exercise the logic of 'when in doubt, try it out and then make sure'. I.e., kill me and ask questions later. I don't want that, if only in the interest of self-preservation.

2) From the previous games, the most obvious thing that I've gleaned are that silence is golden. Appropriate levels of silence will keep you alive to fight another day, if that's your goal. This is why I'm so uncomfortable with having Lump, and haven't used him yet.

3) As for important pro-Town roles, I'd say Priest and Judge, for the reasons many have already said. They're the cornerstones in checking and executing players when we can't reach a consensus.

4) Anyway, to answer Irene's (at least I think it was Irene) question of who I think is the most suspicious at the moment:

If I were the Priest, I'd check Little Knee first and then Rehio, if only to clear their names. Little Knee, since she gives me such a scummy impression and I'd like to believe her, ahem, vehement, as Zeit describes, claims of innocence, and Rehio, because he's just being very quiet and suspicious.

Anyway, here're my thoughts so far on the game.

Vira - You're suspicious. But not THAT suspicious. Your bandwagoning Lump onto me is disconcerting, but there's more fishy fish in this tinyhunt sea.

Irene - I have a feeling she's probably hit some nails on some heads somewhere in her massive posts, but the fact that she writes so much and pressures others for data gives me the impression she's legitimately overthinking things. This leads me to believe that she is innocent, but I could be wrong.

Zeitgeist - I don't truly believe you're innocent. But I can't really see you being guilty either. I'll be watching you, you undead person. Thing. Whatever you are. Also. What the fuck is your logic in trying to start a LKnee bandwagon then rescinding your accusations?

LOL I THINK LITTLE KNEE IS GUILTY, OH SHE RESPONDED VEHEMENTLY SO SHE MUST BE INNOCENCE HURR DURR.

That's what I see from your post, Zeitgeist, whether the Martyr died to save you or not, there's no guarantee that you're innocent.

Fenraellis - He hasn't given me much to think on, despite his relative activity. Sort of fishy. Sort of not.

Little Knee - To be honest, she's given off this scummy vibe from Day 1, but hasn't really given me any evidence to support my gut feeling. Zeitgeist's earlier proclamation of her guilt, then his subsequent redaction of his accusations for the baseless reason of 'SHE RESPONDED VEHEMENTLY' is downright fishy.

Lungs - Is an idiot. I can't get a read on him, other than that he, Irene, and Little Knee's posts oddly seem to bunch together often.

Fiat and Kens. - I've lumped you to together because I can't get an honest read on you two. :/

Rehio - seems extremely suspicious to me because of his inactivity.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  7. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Oi, klackerz, no during game meta-thumbing! Or at least I'm pretty sure that's a no-no.

8. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Here’s a tl;dr post in response to Lutris.
    Because I have nothing to lose and I’m trying too hard anyway.
    Let me play a game with myself. Let me try and list out all the possible scenarios for Zeit being killed.
    Zeit was innocent:
    1) Zeit was too much of a threat to the witches
    2) Zeit was killed to cast suspicion onto me and get me lynched
    3) Zeit was killed to make me an idiot and completely discredit my claims because I’ve hit on 1 of the witches in my three guesses.
    4) Zeit was killed because the priest checked him and knows he’s innocent
    5) Zeit was killed out of revenge for star wars mafia game
    Zeit was guilty:
    1) Zeit is actually a witch and I hit upon 2-3 witches in my post so Zeit was killed to throw confusion and suspicion off the others.
    2) This will fit in with the theory of the witches being extremely intelligent and springing a trap on all of us. And now with jwlk killing himself it’s worked out even better than envisioned.
    I don’t fully believe Zeit is innocent, but I’m going to hold off accusing him for the moment. But following Lutris, let’s look at all the people still alive.

Kensington The Confusing: You haven’t been posting much so there isn’t much to read, but you seem rather confusing. Mixed vibes coming from you. I won’t be putting you on top of my suspects list but you’re not off it either.

Fiat the Shifter: You give me a scummy feel, and I’m not only talking about you accusing me. It feels like you’re trying to shift the game and trying to do it subtly. I won’t say you’re most likely guilty but well, I find it odd that you usually say a lot but you haven’t said much after Zeit the Undead returned though I see your name in the thead all the time.

Fen the rational: Like Lutris, I get almost zero read from you, other than that you see very rational, and that’s hardly a reason to accuse you, so you’re off my radar for now.

LKnee the Newbie(?): Dude, your violent response to Zeit was understandable but a little over, no offense. I don’t suspect you that much but you can just be a very good actress. Still, I’ll hold you off for now since you’re away for a few days.

Lungs the creep: Like I said before, I suspect you’re not as much as an idiot as you’re seeming, so you seem rather scummy too, especially if zeit is innocent. I’ll wait and see. Write another godawful poem though, and I’m going to vote to lynch you. /poet rage

Lutris the smart/lazy: You’re one of the most sensible folks here but you’re so goddamn lazy to think. I have a general suspicion that you’re more likely innocent than not, but the death of Zeit has thrown my judgments into complete disarray so I’m not going to say anymore.

Zeit the undead: I’ve said what I will about you. I’m still watching you so tread carefully if you’re guilty. If you’re innocent, make jwlk’s sacrifice worth it, okay? As it is I think you know my role so if I get souped anytime soon I know who to blame.

Vira the slippery: I would quote someone from IRC : Vira’s lifespan seems to be tied in with her level of guilt. If Zeit is a witch, the only person that seems reasonably smart enough to set the trap would be you (I doubt Zeit is the type to sacrifice himself so early in the game). But you’re temporarily not my main concern as there are people who seems more scummy.

Rehio the lurker: You are not posting that much at all. If I am to go with previous games, lurkwhores have a 50/50 chance of being witch. I’m not saying you are one, but at least try to post and give your opinions. Thanks.
    On other note: I agree absolutely with Fen’s assessment of our current situation, but as there’s still so little information I’m, once again, not going to pinpoint anyone. I don’t seem to start bandwagons anyway, so there’s no point. (Though on hindsight maybe I should be glad I don’t end up like Minion in SW.)

In summary: If the witches are idiots, Zeit is innocent. If they are really smart, Zeit is guilty. If they are mediocre, Zeit is not a zombie.

9. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Why can't people merely accept that I'm innocent? I contribute to this game, and I've tried my best to seem pro-town. If anything, some of you are railing against me for odd, asinine, or nit-picky reasons.

jwlk thought that I was innocent. The Witches thought I was pro-town enough to be a threat warranting a night-kill. Why not accept that I'm an anti-Witch? For me to be a Witch, the Witches would have had to be smart enough to recognise that the martyr might save me. Why would they bother ditching me if their ranks are thin to begin with? I wasn't in any danger of being lynched: only a few members wanted to lynch me, and apparently not the Judge.

The past Mafia games have proven that the mafia do not often think things through; we often overthink their "genius schemes" (e.g. DE2). Sometimes, their kills are simply random kills, not an elaborate plan. =/

My (current) reasoning why Little Knee is innocent:

I made my last post with the view that Knee was scum; its purpose was to ascertain and confirm her identity as a Witch. If she were a Witch, she would've recognised that I wasn't making a personal attack on her intelligence/experience, and that I was striking deeper at her Witchy allegiances. My experiences with the SW mafia have proven to me that the Scum tend to brush off or deflect the first salvo of accusations. Why? Because they recognise that excessive/feuding reactions would draw unnecessary attention to themselves. My duel with Fiat, as well as the Vira/jwlk/mishie debate, is a prime example of bitch-fights resulting in the deaths of the involved parties.

Hence, Knee's reaction to my allegations struck me as vehement or genuine butt-hurt, leading me to believe that she is either an Innocent or an emotionally compromised Witch. Good scum know better to deflect accusations with a deft hand. Her reaction was anything but deft. Thereby, I am inclined to believe in her innocence.

It is possible that she's an emotional Witch, but I maintain that she is smart enough to mollify her deflections.

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now.

Rehio strikes my scum-dar, mainly because of his lurker-ish tendencies. I've learnt a few things from SW, which will be revealed soon, but my scum-dar has been refined through hosting that game. Rehio hits a 40% scum on my radar at the moment. It's not enough for a lynch, but enough to warrant suspicion and a questioning session.

Kensington, I checked all of your past posts. You haven't answered my questions, not the three of them. Answer, please. Also, you've given Lutris Lump. Odd?

New question time:

4.) How would you react if I said that I'm a Witch? What would be your response?

Answer, so I can gauge your personality type and receive a better Read. As a 90% confirmed Innocent (and 100% zombie. =3), I need to play my important role correctly. By the way, the last question does not imply that I'm a Witch. Use your brain. :/

10. Irene

Really, you want to ask me that?

Jump for joy, dance a gig and lynch you, of course.

Nah, kidding. I'd be more suspicious about whether it's a, shall we say, reverse psychology ploy because you can't be that stupid. And then after analysing your move to shit I'll link what you just said to the other witches.

Does that help you gauge my personality type any better?

Edit: Oh, to add on: If you are really a witch I'd be depressed for many reasons. 1) A sensible person is on the evil side 2) I just changed my mind about you and now I'm wrong again 3) That means jwlk would have died for the wrong reason. RIP jwlk.

11. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Subtly? When have I done subtle? Just because I'm not screaming "LYNCH THE HERETIC! INVESTIGATE THE MUTANT! VIGILANTE-KILL THE UNCLEAN!" this game doesn't make me suspicious: it makes me someone who's learned from his experiences in DE2. As for my lurking, Firefox has been on this page for the better part of the day. The fact that I've also been asleep for 90% of that time is why I appear to be lurking. I'm usually more active, but as people on #Pokemanz know, my Math teacher appears to have gone batshit insane.
    lolol, that wasn't a poem, Irene.

As to Zeit's question: I'm not entirely sure what I'd say/do if it turned out you were a witch - aside from voting to lynch you. A person could make the assumption that the whole Zeit v Irene thing was an attempt to make sure that if one of you was decided to be a witch, the other wouldn't be. I wouldn't be that person, though, because that sounds way too complicated. Not really sure what I'd do in response to you revealing that you're a witch.

12. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I honestly don't think Zeit is a witch. Even if he were, do you know how much balls / stupidity the witches would have to have to kill off one of their own, hoping that the Martyr would conveniently sacrifice themselves? There's no way.

On that note, I believe that people who tried to get Zeit lynched are the most suspicious. While Fiat did back down eventually, he jumped to lynch Irene as soon as Zeit died. We have tons of time in the day, so such a quick reaction seems suspicious, though is he were scum, I think Fiat would be much more subtle then that.

The second suspect is Irene, only for being the biggest Zeit accuser. I honestly don't know what to think about her as while she seems pro-town, there's something off about her. I can't really explain it.

The last suspect is LKnee. While she didn't vocalize her suspicion of Zeit, I noticed she thumbs upped one of my posts when I accused Zeit. Also, her big outburst when Zeit accused her seems out-of-character and has a trying too hard feel. Though, she is new to the game, so...

Anyways, these are my three suspects so far. I'm not really accusing anyone, I just want to get my thoughts out there.

13. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Log on to DLP; hands on the keyboard, eyes keen,
    sit through a shitload of people dissing the Spleen,
    But from my point of view your posts aren't clean,
    I really think that you're not what you seem.
    See a person to lynch and all you mafia players cream,
    Better watch yourself Irene,
    or you'll find your ass reamed,
    As sure as my Empoleon lay down his Ice Beams,
    No confirm on your status, but guilt I have deemed.
    No soul, but I'll still steal it to make some Chow Mein,
    Gonna slash it up harder than wolverine,
    dropping rhymes real enough to sell magazines.

U mad at what you seen?

14. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

...I'm starting to think that it might be a mercy to the village to lynch Lungs even if it turns out he's not a witch, to save us from horrible poetry.

I do agree that unless Zeit is the Xanatos of mafia games, he's probably not a witch.

Zeit: Heh. I answered on page 7 why I gave Lutris lump. As for your questions, I'll start answering them in reverse order.

4. If you said you were a witch at this point, I'd probably believe you. I should probably re-read the roles, but I can't think of a valid reason for someone to bluff being a witch.

3. Priest and Pope I suppose. Depending upon the circumstances, both have the ability to check players. Their problem will be convincing the others to act upon what they have checked.

2. There is a lot of luck involved. People who are quiet can simply be lurkers or witches/DEs hoping to maintain a low profile. People who are talkative can either be DEs/witches or people who are simply talkative and want the game to move along.

1. Here's what I posted yesterday: I selected him because I viewed him as less of a threat than Zeit was...but unless Zeit was sacrificed by the other witches (which I kind of doubt, he'd go down in a blaze of crazy souping) it sounds like he was representing the cause of the villagers.

15. Fiat

You're aware that the "people who were suspicious of Zeit" group includes you, right?

Also, the whole "we have tons of time in the day" thing is what's going to get us all killed. We've barely voted at all during this game and if I'm right and the Judge is already dead, we're fucked if we don't lynch. We need to lynch. We need to vote.

16. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Okay, fine, I'll vote. Out of all my suspects, I consider LKnee to be the most suspicious. So:

Vote Player: LKnee.

17. Irene

You had to do it, don't you? You couldn't resist...

Well, it helps that I already get a scummy feel from you, so this isn't totally uncalled for.

Just following true to my word.

Vote Player: Lungs

18. Fiat

Yeah, great idea guys.

/inb4 another day without lynching.

19. KaiDASH

Lungs no more blatantly non-game posts, or you will be replaced.

20. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

...and the Hand of God reach down from the heavens, pointed at Lungs, and a resounding voice said "No."

Personally, I don't think the Witches killed one of their own and relied on the Martyr to return them. Also, all things considered, the first thought that came to mind was that, I at least halfway think jwlk killed himself out of boredom... as this game is going rather slowly, with very little voting. Either way, I highly doubt Zeitgeist is guilty, although that says nothing for which innocent role he actually is. Hopefully he was worth the Martyr's attention. KaiDASH's words of "the Martyr finds out who was killed," didn't mention if they find out what was killed. (sorry KaiDASH, I guess I didn't quite fully understand after all)

That said, I am honestly rather unsure who I would vote for, given the current circumstances. The people who are trying to twist things such that we are suspicious of someone who has an above-average chance of being innocent is somewhat damning. Beyond that though, here I am shrugging. Voting for such trite reasons as "your poetry bothers me" is pointless, although I suppose an Anti-Town role could be posting like that, simply because votes against them can be derided in such a manner.

Oh, and I almost forgot, I might as well answer Zeitgeist's question:
    4. Realistically, I would believe you, as there is no point in bluffing as a Witch. The Witches know you are not a Witch, so it wouldn't protect you, and the town has no real reason to not believe you. The only somewhat plausible reason I could see for you to even do so, would be that you were the Occultist, as it appears to be the least useful of the roles(unless I'm misreading and it gets the Angel's protection target before the Night Phase is over), and one of the others is under heavy suspicion and likely to be lynched.

As a closing thought, I would laugh if "Dancers gonna dance!" until the end of the game.