1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt 10

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

Hi Nutella!!! Can you elaborate a bit on your town vibes that you have for people?

2. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

You dislike Vaimes puhsing for lump, so you vote to give it to him?

3. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

There are... quite a few players in this game who I feel share a good chunk of personality and/or playstyle with me. Both fun because i like the people and not super helpful because I can't really make specific reads in the same way in certain cases where I could if there were fewer.

4. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

Grapefruit, what was your actual read on Vaimes here then, since you said in a later post that I can't find that it wasn't something you actually thought or something?

And/or your current read on them now too please, if that's changed any!!!

5. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

Him pushing for getting the Lump is entirely irrelevant to my reasoning for voting him for Lump; I'm currently trying out just Lumping whoever I'm voting, and seeing how that goes!!!!

6. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

Hi Cuth, happy birthday!!!

That is an extremely vague statement; if I've got that right, what sort of specific reads would you be making if there weren't that many people?

7. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

It isn't the hypocrisy I dislike.

It's that I have a hard time believing a scattered townie likes two reads on a player but reaches the opposite conclusion. It happens, I do it all the time. But they are generally qualified and explained. The sort of breezy read Lyric made is much rarer. More often it comes from a wolf seeing explanations from townies and not fully paying attention to it.

I guess you could argue that is the hypocrisy but it's more the context of the hypocrisy. Lyric barely seemed to register that Ampharos and I pretty much disagreed with their conclusion on Cobalt but liked our posts anyway without acknowledging the difference in opinion.

@Arapocalypse I don't have a real read on Vaimes here. He exists in a state of town lean for me as a default state of being.

8. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

If it's the latter it by definition has to be me because I voted second. So why frame it that way?

But that assumes that the hypocrisy reasoning is as weak as you make it out to be which I strongly dispute.

9. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

Alright, so here's where I'm at:

Arapocalypse

Light town
    Ampharos

Various shades of town pings
    Cobalt
    Fontisian
    Lyric
    Nutella

Closest to nulls I guess
    Cuthalion
    Lissa

Vaimes...?

Everyone else
    Fluffiness
    Gira - should technically be in nulls I guess?
    Grapefruit*
    Waco Kid

So regarding Grapefruit: I feel like I may be confbiasing him as mafia through the Fontisian/Grapefruit interactions? I think Fonti felt like they were approaching them casually, while he just felt like he was wound up/not really that into talking about it?

But the thing is that the initial thing which lightly pinged me about him was him feeling like he was trying to get with the program of the thread with regards to lightly townreading me for meta-diving, but the way he went about it felt like he was consciously trying to do it in a way to try and give as little credit as possible, like trying to avoid thread-spewing!!

Going back to the other one though, I actually semi-like the way he just went about the Vaimes thing in a sense? More specifically, him just casually dropping it in a way that felt like he wasn't thinking about it much, and I'm sort of torn as to how much I want to weigh that/his reaction to it, because !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also him moving onto Lyric there in that sense felt like maybe one of the more certain things he's said this game, but I'm also :/ because when it came down to it, the reasoning felt like it was simply parroting a thought from someone else, as the second vote there!!

So I guess I do have him a bit under nulls as a suspicion, but in a way where I'm more at, I don't really want to get all up on grapefruit's case right now and just let him do his own thing for a bit because I do feel like it'd be plausible to find him if town!!!!

So... yeah, that's pretty much it!!!!!!

10. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Whoops I completely forgot this game existed

11. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I guess it's like:

a) people who have a very similar approach to me game-wise, we get a lot of the same reads for the same reasons (see: lissa)
    b) people who might have a different approach but are similar enough to me personality-wise that I can often make fairly confident reads independent of specific game-related things (see: vaimes)
    c) people who don't have a very similar approach or personality, but whom I can ~reliably read by understanding their motivations towards the game (see: fluff, fonti)
    d) people who don't have a very similar approach or personality, but whose processes I can follow and base reads off of once established, even if I don't necessarily know how they got to point a (see: ara)
    e) people who are essentially a black box and I usually have to read based off other people or negative space, whether from differences or lack of sufficient direct interaction (see: macdougall or such)

This game has a higher proportion of people from the first two categories than normal. My observation was more that there are people who I might otherwise say "you can read this person similarly to how you'd read me on this dimension" or whatever but that... the density makes it a bit harder in a way I can't particularly articulate right now?

12. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

@waco kid Why'd you ask this, by the way?

13. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

Actually, I retract my previous statement because I just realized I can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lump Grapefruit

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I think it's pretty obvious why he'd be asking that question?

15. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

Wait sorry no, I need to do this for the memes:

Vote: Grapefruit

Lump: Vaimes

16. nutella

nutella Muggle

Probably a bit yeah.

Okay, that does sound like a more valid reason, thanks

Not really, just get decent feelings of solviness from you, amy, fonti, cuth, etc so far

Going to bed and I see there are more posts but I'll read/post more in depth in the morning.

17. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

Oof, I didn't think I was necessarily that difficult to follow!!!! :p

But regardless, I guess I see what you mean, in the sense that certain playerlists can have a sort of reflecting-element to them? Particularly for those who share similar levels of hype, who can find it easy to just !!!!!!!! with each other!!! Just not really something which I consider that often I suppose!!

Your earlier post does make more sense now though... hey, at least it'll be fun/useful for improvement reasons!!!

Also lowkey think it's towny to be bringing this sort of thing up here in particular instead of mafia chat for instance; doesn't move the needle that much... but still!!!!!

18. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

I'm going to get back to this later but is there anything about my vote that felt like parroting despite the fact that it was the second one?

19. Arapocalypse

Arapocalypse Muggle

Okay but like... what am I supposed to do with that sort of read where it doesn't even really count as a read?! Do you not have any thoughts on him alignment-wise, for this particular game at all?

20. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

It's probably mostly because we haven't played together a ton tbh, but I don't think it's, like, a bad thing. Just that your fundamental approaches to forming reads and such is different enough from mine that I usually don't mindmeld in the same way I would with other people/it's harder for me to match up motivation/process/posting?