1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt 10

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Seconded @nutella

2. Gira

Gira Muggle

All right. Grape thing was a general impression, as I said, liked the timing of him agreeing with me on Lyric. Pretty badly misunderstands Vaimes's response to fontisian in #354, possibly blowing something that wasn't that serious out of proportion? I guess looking at it, actually bothering to dissect the list from Vaimes rather than glossing over it is good attention to detail. And then questioning fontisian over saying vaimes giving certain reads was towny is a decent callback but I can't find the posts he's referring to so it's a little confusing. I guess it was just super weird that he said Vaimes was sus but fontisian was more sus for saying one particular thing about Vaimes's reads. Just a weird conclusion Looking back at his ISO I thought there was more I was strange on but there's not. I guess he questioned the fluffiness read but it felt like he was trying to sort there rather than just push on a low content poster. So maybe not as bad as I thought. His last few posts have a flaily awkwardness to them but to me that's basically null.

Amy also seems town, not a whole lot to say there.

nutella is like, I wasn't sure what to make of her. She didn't like my opener, which is whatever. I could see a town player jumping on an early post like that, but it's also an easy thing to emulate from a scum mindset. I didn't want to get in a back and forth war over something so inconsequential (I had planned to make a post like that pregame), so I mostly blew her off. But the way things have gone on, the way she tried to possibly tie me to grapefruit and then later to Vaimes, just feels like pulling out shallow associatives to justify weak reasoning. These were both other people's main scumreads and it's like she's piggybacking but inserting me to seem less sheep-y.Also keeps shading me but I don't feel like it's based on much of what I've said aside from my first post? The post to fonti also is written like "outsider trying to ingratiate themselves without stepping on too many toes" and it hit me on a gu level. I guess grapefruit being combative is a good contrast to this behavior?

Sorry I don't take notes so this is a mess, Lol.

3. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Gira can be town for now.

4. nutella

nutella Muggle

Honestly I don't remember the specific reasoning on the grape/vaimes thing and can't find it now. Maybe it's nothing really idk.

And yeah I'm pretty much just sheeping you on Lissa, haven't felt much from her specifically yet but the exchange you pointed Amy to feels good.

5. nutella

nutella Muggle

This is a lot of words. I want to townread your ramblyness here but my main issue is I still have no idea what your read on Grapefruit is and I hate null reads.

And yet maybe I have one on you :p

6. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

I like it because it seems either like a good summarization of a fairly nuanced thought process or a realistic off the cuff train of thought within a pretty reasonable amount of time while still making sense and not feeling fake.

7. Gira

Gira Muggle

I think I talked myself back into a town lean but it is late and I'd want to give it a twice-over before committing rather than hastily skimming and picking out a handful of posts.

8. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

This is also good.

9. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

It's good because town reads on me are good and correct.

Well actually it's good for Cuth's reasons.

Grape
    Ampharos, Cuth
    Ara, Gira, ???Fonti???
    Cobalt, Lissa

Fluff, nutella, Waco
    Vaimes
    ??Fonti???
    Lyric

I'm starting to understand why so many people are nodding along with the scum reads of me. There are a lot of widely town read players. Multiple people have expressed town reads of Amy, Cuth, Ara, Fonti, Cobalt, Lissa, Fluff, nutella, Waco, and Gira. So that just leaves me Vaimes, and Lyric.

10. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Have you talked about Cobalt?

11. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

vote: Vaimes
    lump: Lyric

This is a thought.

12. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Yo fluff, please post stuff.

13. Grapefruit21

Grapefruit21 Muggle

A bit I'm still coasting on my initial town read. It's weakening as Cobalt doesn't impress me but still hanging onto it for the time being.

14. Ampharos

Ampharos Muggle

My PoE is rapidly becoming the consensus PoE and I don't think I like that.

15. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Whoa that's a lot to catch up to.

Yes pls don't kill me.
    lump: Lyric

16. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

The real way to win at mafia is by making your poe the consensus poe. :p

But seriously I'm down to discuss anything and anyone. You're the only person I'm lock 100% town on, I think.

Nutella/Ara/Cobalt would all be good conversation topics.

17. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I'll do a catch-up reads list when I'm able to, IRL is absolutely killing me rn.

18. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

@Waco, re:lissa.

I've been playing with her for a long time and spent a lot of time talking about mafia with her, and our fundamental approaches to the game and general reactions to things are usually very similar. The strongest parts of my read here are a) genuine interest in the game at this stage without... making any effort to advance an agenda (unless wolf with fonti/amy, which i doubt), which makes the "unmotivated because wolf with unknown people on unfamiliar site" less likely (not that that would be super visible or distinct from common lissa d1s before she's engaged in the game, but y'know) and b) the way she applied the read on Ara to me as well, "but tenuously". I think it hits a fairly fine line between the regions I'd be concerned with, as I recently won a game where she confidently read me v basically the entire time, and this feels genuine-- neither putting on a show of that hesitation existing or making it a bigger part of the read than it ought to be. Rather, it's something that affects the read obliquely. To be clear, I think the read is mostly independent of the last game but with more caution than would be there otherwise, and I thought it was a good kind of read to enter with at that point.

19. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Take care of yourself!

20. Cuthalion

Cuthalion Squib

Fonti, I'm willing to compromise on grape lump if you're very confident/concerned about lyric having the double vote, but i think i like where I'm at currently.