1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

TinyHunt 5
    A Witch Hunt Variant

Roles

Town
    Town wins when all Witches are dead.

Priest: Each night, check if a player is in the coven.

Acolyte: At the start of the game, you learn who the Priest is.

Judge: At the end of day, if the Lynch vote is tied or no lynch, you may kill a player of your choosing. This does not count as a lynch for vigilante purposes.

Vigilante: The first Night after two consecutive lynches of Town members, you may kill a player. A Vigilante kill appears the same as a regular Witch Night Kill.

Oracle: Each night, pick a player. If that player was visited by any other party, you learn how many Witches were alive at the start of that night. Possible Visits: Witch Kill, Vigilante Kill, Priest check, Clown throw, Angel protect - including a deathcurse blocked angel protect.

Gambler: At the start of the game, choose even or odd. On those nights, you have Protection from a kill.

Leeroy: You may kill yourself to immediately determine the Lynch target, so long as a majority has not been reached. Your death, and who you select will be announced at day end. This does not count as a lynch for Vigilante purposes.

Graverobber: Once per game at night, pick a dead player and learn their role. Witches are told when you do this.

D.O.B.: When you die, choose another player to die with you. Your death and the target you select will be announced at day start if you are killed in the night, or at day end if you die to a lynch.

Clown: Each night, select a player to hit with a pie. Players hit by pies are told, and if you selected the same target as the Priest or Oracle, you have Protection from a kill for that night (though you are not informed you had protection).

Witches

Witches win when all townies are dead or nothing can prevent this from happening. Witches can freely communicate with each other and have a nightly kill.

Demon: Each night, you are informed of who the Priest and Oracle visited, but not who visited which player.

Occultist: At the end of each night, you are informed of the Guardian Angels' protection target that night. If the Guardian Angels protect same target two nights in a row without preventing their death, learn that target's role.

Necromancer: Learn the role of players killed by the Witch Night Kill.

Mechanics

Timing: Day will be 72 hours, while night will be 24 hours.

Lynches:The day ends when the day end timer arrives. The day can be ended prematurely with a HARD LYNCH, which will be roughly 3/4 of the alive players. SOFT LYNCH will be majority, and will determine the lynch at Day End. If a SOFT LYNCH is not reached by Day End, it will go to the Judge, or result in a no lynch. Voting for No Lynch is permissible. There are no deadline votes.

Deaths: Roles are not revealed upon death.

Soup: At night, instead of making the group Night Kill, a Witch may instead choose to drink Soup. Doing so allows them to Match a player to an Innocent role one at a time until they are incorrect or choose to stop. Each correctly Matched player dies. They may do this once per Witch. Dead Witches cannot use Soup.

A successful Match will only give the 'PlayerName has Died' message. On an incorrect match, the message is 'Xanthippe the Witch attempted to Soupkill Yolanda the [Incorrect Role Name], but failed', but if no players have been killed that night with Soup, the identity of the Witch is not revealed - 'A Witch attempted to Soupkill Amelia the [Incorrect Role Name], but failed'.

Lump, the Faithful Panda: On Day 1, there is a plurality vote for Lump to be a player's friend (witches choose who wins a tie). Lump always Lynch votes the same as his friend, adding an extra vote. If Lump's friend dies, Lump leaves the game.

Guardian Angels: Dead players become Angels. Each Night, the Angels decide by plurality vote to Protect a player (tie = no protect). A Protected player can't die to regular kills that night (Vigilante Kill or Witch Night Kill). "No Protect" is a valid vote.

Angels get the results of Priest checks at the end of each night. Angels are unable to give Protection when there are four or fewer living players at the start of night.

Death Curse: Once per game during Day, dead Witches may cast a Death Curse, which renders any Protection that Night ineffective. After casting a Death Curse, the Witch may not vote any further in Angel chat (but can still post in it). Living players are not informed of a Death Curse. Angels are not informed of a Death Curse until the end of that night.

Witches Last Gasp: If a Witch dies to a standard lynch (not judge or leeroy), their power continues to work for the coven that night.

Night Kill Survival: If a player survives being killed at night there is no public announcement made. However, the player is told privately that they survived.

Rules

-Only living players may post in the game thread
    -You may not post in the game thread during the night phase
    -You may not edit or delete posts from the game thread or in any QuickTopics you may be posting in
    -You may not privately communicate with anyone except the game moderator unless you're specifically allowed to do so (i.e. the QuickTopics for Witches or Angels). This includes using systems outside the scope of the game to communicate something game related.
    -You may not post in codes or ciphers.
    -All actions that are not explicitly worded as optional are not optional.
    -Moderator decisions are final. Play to the spirit of the game and don't make me make judgement calls.
    -Be Nice, and have fun. This is not optional.

Priority

Day Action Priority
    -Start of day + Announcements
    -Day ends
    -Gambler protection choice locked in
    -Lynch if majority, allow Judge to pick if no majority or no lynch (if alive)
    -Lump joins his friend (Day One only)
    -DoB Revenge if lynched
    -Witches Death Curse
    -Vigilante informed if he can kill

Night Action Priority
    -Everything resolves effectively simultaneously, with kill happening last.

Flavor

There were 14 of you in this nice, peaceful village. Then all of a sudden, one night, one of your number turns up dead, with witchcraft the obvious cause. You have witches hiding in your midst, and something tells you there are three. It's magic. Don't question it.

So, you decide to execute one of your number daily, after a healthy discussion, until all of these evildoers are eradicated from your village. Sure, you'll probably kill some innocents along the way - but it sounded like a great idea when you were drunk.

Livelist

Citrus
    Cobalt
    Fontisian
    Irene
    Jan
    Kalas
    Nae'blis
    Newcomb
    Riley
    Sesc
    Snowvon
    Taure
    The Waco Kid

Daystart!

Day One ends in 72 hours - Sept 1, 2015 at 6:00 PST/9:00 PM EST

Day One End

With 13 players alive, it will be 7 to soft lynch, and 10 to hard lynch.

Also, don't forget to elect someone to give Lump, the Faithful Panda to!

Any questions can be directed to me in your QuickTopics - I will respond as quickly as possible. Good luck, and have fun!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

IT BEGINS

LUMP SNOWVON

VOTE SESC

Did I RVS scum again?

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Those basterds killed my friend last night.

I demand redemption and compensation.

I also want to

VOTE SNOWVON

It is a game winning vote.

---------- Post automerged at 03:02 ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 ----------

woops sry. somehow forgot to make it bold

VOTE SNOWVON

better

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

You misspelled 'Lump'.

5. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Lump: The Waco Kid

Vote: Snowvon

Knew I felt like something was missing in Hannibal

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

And you misspelled "Newcomb"

Gotta work on that spelling, Jan.

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am inclined to give Sesc my lump just to spite you. :p

---------- Post automerged at 03:09 ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 ----------

Newcomb you are in?

I thought you are the first on the replacementlist.

How does it feel, knowing that citrus won't be able to get you killed for being a vt?

8. Newcomb

I'm sure Citrus can come up with plenty of hilarious new ways to get me killed. He's just that good.

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Scurvy is never one of them.

10. Newcomb

In other news, this player list makes me incredibly happy.

So here's a thing: I read a TinyHunt over at FantasyStrike to bone up for this game, and it seemed like a Thing was that Priest/Oracle/Clown should target the Lump N1, and then kind of freelance from there. That seems like a pretty decent plan to me. With that in mind...

I would really like to be the Lump friend.

Joke reason: I've always wanted a panda friend.

Semi-joke reason: I'm a huge narcissist and it would make me feel special.

Serious reason: I was townfirmed in Narutomafia and that helped town PoE, and I was a pretty big target in Hannibal mafia and I got some pretty good reads off the way people pushed on me. If you give me Lump, it'll be the best of both worlds - extra scrutiny today, giving me good reads, and then soft townfirmed (when Priest doesn't out) tomorrow, giving me an extra vote to pressure people with.

Meta reason: I think Lump should go to someone who'll be active and use it to get information and pressure people, and that's me.

Entertainment value reason: If elected, I promise to roleplay Lump the Panda. I.e. I'll add Lump's commentary to the bottom of all of my posts! You will find this charming. Or possibly annoying. But hopefully entertaining!

In conclusion, elect...

Lump: Newcomb

...for #1 panda friend.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The idea seems valid.

The part where they should check the person with the lumb, that is.

But we could also just wait for a little while and then elect someone who is towny, and not someone who has a prepared post. (This might still be you in the end, who knows)

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'm the priest.

13. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

I'm already semi-regretting signing up for this since I'm swamped by work this morning gosh.

Von, I've missed you, but I missed Sesc more (he's like my 3rd favourite german behind World and Michael Fassbender.)

That said I don't believe in random voting day 1 but.
    1. Are you seriously soft claiming Priest/Oracle/Clown in a game where there is SOUP. Seriously.

Okay first off sorry to be going hard on you for your first post here but.
    No, no no. Meta wise there are plenty of active and people who get info and pressure people. Waco does it for instance. As does Sesc and Fonti. Why you? Why do you get to play that card?

"I was townfirmed in Narutomafia and that helped town PoE, and I was a pretty big target in Hannibal mafia and I got some pretty good reads off the way people pushed on me. If you give me Lump, it'll be the best of both worlds - extra scrutiny today, giving me good reads, and then soft townfirmed (when Priest doesn't out) tomorrow, giving me an extra vote to pressure people with."

I was town in narutomafia yadda hannibal mafia yadda is what I'm hearing here. Why are you using your previous town alignment and emphasising it for this game at the start? o_O Your townishness in those 2 games do not carry over to this game automatically. Also 'soft townfirmed WHEN priest doesn't out' seems to make you sound awefully sure that a) Priest is supposed to out you for something (JEEZ WHAT WOULD THAT BE) but won't? Why? Wtf this statement has so many things wrong with it. If you are town won't you say 'Priest checks me as innocent"

See Newcomb, I have actually skimmed the games you mentioned as indeed you would be an asset if you are town, but your entire post reeks of scumminess. Also, in my view the Priest/Oracle actually shouldn't campaign for lump because if they get it, scums know the Mayor is town-firmed and killing the Mayor early would get an extra town-vote out of game early unless Mayor is stupid or sheep.

I am calling you for scum, since this is your first time I can definitely believe you can be unfamiliar enough for the slip.

As such. Vote: Newcomb

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

12 people reading in here right now!

Come on - lets get the game goin.

I counterclaim Citrus.

---------- Post automerged at 03:51 ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 ----------

Irene likes germans and Sesc is a fellow german - good news all over the place.

Irene :
    I do not think that that was a soft ever, but I am curious.
    Why would you ever push on that believe as town?
    Pushing on someone who you believe is a townrole is rarely a towny thing to do.

And why would you ever say that priest/oracle should not campaign for it?
    How much easier would it be for scum if they only have to look in the campaigners?

Priest/Oracle will do whatever they please, and not listen to such scummy advice.

I agree that Newcombs reasoning is kinda off. But I am unsure If he campaigns like that for a. the lumb and b. being checked n1 as witch.
    That sounds like a really bad plan for scum.

15. Irene

Anyway I realised I posted without explaining why I thought Newcomb is softclaiming those 3 roles.

I'm basing the assumption off if Newcomb is townie, his thought process regarding that telling people Priest/Oracle/Clown should check Lumper, than volunteers for it --> Come check me! Meeee! Because I'm town! Check me I dare you!

If he is Priest/Oracle/Clown he can basically say that because he knows he is innocent himself and he can get auto townfirmed, and if nobody tries to lynch him the next day he can cruise to the end as definite town. However, why can't the scum use this to muddy the waters? This is a no flip game, they can soft-push for Newcomb and imply that Priest checked him and he's guilty, and we will lose a pro-town vote. So this play doesn't make sense as Newcomb has shown himself to be competent town. Right? Right?

So that means Newcomb should be any other role. In which case, why would you want to put yourself in a situation that means you don't claim the power roles? Often in tinyhunt the people with less useful roles or roles that take someone else down with them upon death will act like power-roles to muddy the waters for scum in soupping. If you put yourself in those shoes, a less-power townie's first thought should be to appear like priest in order to get witches to soup wrong when it boils down to it. So... in that case, Newcomb, the only way your statement makes sense is if you are scum.

So let's say Newcomb is scum. He's definitely getting checked N1 if he has lump? Not the case, because in a game with Fonti me and Sesc there is really a high chance one of the three of us would get checked instead of the lumper. And so what if he's checked? For Lumper to get lynched Priest has to softclaim, acolyte may or may not have to back priest up, and the witches get to kill the 2 most important roles in game. If priest doesn't softclaim to lynch him, he can basically run around town with TWO scum votes.

Yeah... No. Newcomb, I'm sorry, too scummy for me to ignore.

16. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'd err on the side of scum!Newcomb wouldn't make a go at the lump from the get-go, especially as he's inexperienced in playing with lumps (unless someone in scum-chat confirmed it was a good idea or something along those lines). But that said, Newcomb I think your serious reason is pretty weak relative to the enthusiasm of your post. And the rest of your reasons are poor beyond the meta reason, and that one shouldn't be a problem from any of the players in this game (or the lengthy replacement list will get to tag in).

Lump: Jan

If I lump you, you have to lump me back. It said so in the rules.

Where is everyone else though?

I'm conducive to 50% of Snowvon's opening post. Let's see now...

Vote: Sesc

17. Irene

No, I actually think if he was honestly town he won't have done that soft-claiming thing (whether he's power role playing reverse psychology or a non-power role trying to disclaim himself from priest/oracle/clown so he won't get checked...? So I am not pushing him for townread, I am pusing him as a scum read. I'm thinking he's a scum trying to soft-claim those roles. However, I will wait for him to explain himself.

Of course Priest/Oracle does whatever the hell they please. I just think that newcomb's reasoning regarding himself doesn't match up at all.
    His aggressive campaigning definitely draws attention to him but as I have said, in a game with many more proven dangerous players he would be unlikely to be checked N1. And also, the lump's benefit to the scum team is more that you can think, see Warlock where Jon the Demon became Lumper and basically led the town around in a wild-goose chase. So the risk of Newcomb getting checked N1 ON TOP of priest actually soft-claiming day 2 to lynch him is much less than the benefit Newcomb gets if he's a lumper.

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Irene, do you think you should be the lump then?

19. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

I agree with everything Irene just wrote.

Vote: Newcomb

20. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Jan: You're posts are making sense to me. I don't know how to deal with this, lol.

Irene: Glad to get to play with you again