1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Cobalt:

You were right about Nae, that rant at Sesc was a bit over the line but it was towny as hell. Make a case against Sesc - I know you have at various points already, but like, give me the 10,000-foot view version. I've seen people point out various individual scummy things he's done, but I don't "feel" the case. I'll go back and ISO him, and if I agree with you, I will throw the Lump on him later today.

Oh, and I'm not RP'ing Lump. I was going to, but that EoD took the wind out of my sails. I might do it tomorrow or something if I get in the right mood, but... yeah. Don't have it in me right now.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Vote: Sesc

General note: if you are up to be lynched and are a role that people have asked to claim, claim. Thank you.

---------- Post automerged at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Not going to lie, when I saw the day end post, I laughed my ass off.

3. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Moderator Note(s):

1) Tone down the invective and personal attacks. We're still playing a social game, with people who are not just names on a screen. Take a breather and calm down if you need to. This is a general warning, so nothing escalates.

2) I am going to edit the order of operations in original post - the intent is effectively for everything to resolve simultaneously and intuitively. If you have any questions about how precisely things will interact, ask in QT - but logic should make things apparent.

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Snowvon, I'll do it for you!

5. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

*sigh*

I guess I can let you have that. I did threaten to YOLO lynch you if you weren't an awesome panda RPer in my QT, but I'm not totally unreasonable!

Also... still haven't studied the Cobalt post, but I feel like emotion is easily enough faked (Newcomb in Hannibal mafia, anyone?) and you guys are hard townreading.

---------- Post automerged at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Makes me feel uncomfortable.

6. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Typhon, I don't want to live in a world where that was faked. In Hannibal Mafia I wasn't faking, I was exaggerating (slightly) because I was getting good reads off being a target. This is waaaaay different. (I hope)

7. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

So if I was a town info role and I gained good news. Would I share it.

Hmmmm. Depends on how the Day develops.

/thisisreallythescummiestpostivemade

---------- Post automerged at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

Since meme pics are frowned on, just imagine the bold strategy cotton picture next to my face.

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Riley, any chance you could respond to my question in #535?? A read-wall would be nice too...

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I mean if we're going theoretical, I'd say it's better to release bad news?

But game-state wise, it's better to share good news?

If we set up a condition where in one world we share news and the other we don't, it's worse to give away soups in worlds where we're doing worse. AKA share the good news. buuut someone else should also crunch the numbers

---------- Post automerged at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

Acolyte should no longer claim (don't worry, I saw you buddying me way back when).

'Priest' should, so they can cinch their lynch since I'm the priest.

And that's about it for claiming roles.

---------- Post automerged at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

(In the event of being lynched)

10. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Cobalt: I literally asked you if there was anything relevant in your post. For reasons that are possibly understandable, my urge to scroll past lines off ALL CAPS ranting against me (which, I'd note, is basically all you've been doing entire time) to find actual points in there is not too pronounced.

I tried now, and found, in order:

• "trust my fucking gut"
    • "discredit[ing] me when a bunch of people had read me town already"
    • "I wanted him gone from early phase"
    • "FUCK THIS POST IN PARTICULAR. FUCK IT RIGHT WHERE THE SUN DON’T SHINE" (after a post giving my reads, and you disliking that I dislike you)
    • "insensitive, inconsiderate prick"
    • "Fuck that. Fuck that. FUCK. THAT. Nope. Nooooooope. NOPE."
    • "you’ve been making a habit of misgendering people"
    • "you’ve literally given me a scum vibe of I-don’t-care for the entire game"
    • "You are literally a moral trainwreck"
    • "shit fucking gameplay"
    • "Sesc needs to get GONE."

How nice. I'm skipping past trying to argue who's calling names here because we can solve that after the game.

And now you -- as in, all of you -- wonder why I am wondering what to make of Cobalt (and fontisian too, but I least I think she's only having fun)?

I am not going to argue against "trust my fucking gut". Entertaining the idea that I'm a witch because I accidentally mix up genders? Hey Cobalt -- it's an accident, you know, something you claimed for yourself, and which you claimed me insisting upon was scummy, but naturally it's exactly the reverse here, I know. And lynching me because I am a "moral trainwreck"?

Like, what. Is this Kindergarten? All of Cobalt's post (the parts that aren't name-calling, at least) -- and all of all of Cobalt's posts -- boil down to that for some reason, he dislikes me and/or the way I play, which apparently is not how he thinks I should play, and therefore I need to go.

This is not how I want to play Mafia.

Which, of course, is probably the problem, but still -- at least I allow for different styles. It makes people harder to read for me, but at least I constantly question myself since things my be different than I expect, because not everyone is me.

Assuming Cobalt is Town (and serious), all of this shows a hubris that beggars belief. Did you once, just once, Cobalt, consider that you might be wrong? I haven't seen it. Instead, you basically bully people into agreeing with you ("you WILL land yourself near the bottom of my list if you refuse to see reason on why Sesc needs to go"), twist evidence to fit your needs, and go as far as to trade your lump vote for a vote on me (yesterday).

Of course, he simply could be a witch. That would solve the problem. I personally think that above post is off the charts scummy, because there's literally not a single actual reason to lynch me in there -- it's actually one of the worst post I have ever seen, in any Mafia game I ever played -- but that leaves me in the same place I was, where I think no witch would risk being that ridiculous.

----

Citrus, that was me engaging with that post. You posted no reason altogether. Ditto Typhon, who mentioned some vague voting analysis that I am sure looked exactly the opposite yesterday.

Ignoring the fact that I was a Town read for Typhon, last I checked, of course, and now read "My QT had me suspecting two witches between Jan, Sesc, Waco."

So I still want to lynch Waco for being absent and/or content-light posting, and that's what I will push for today.

Vote
    The Waco Kid

As a general note to all, stop relying on meta and expectations. This is a bunch of way old DLP players, and newer players, with (apparently) radically different ideas of how to play the game. It fucks up your "reads", and there's a total breakdown in communication because of that. Taure was completely right at the beginning. If this keeps up, we're going to lose.

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'm voting you right now because:

1) You and Fontisian are very likely unaligned AND Fontisian looks more townish in a vacuum than you based strictly on how the votes/wagons occurred yesterday

2) I have townreads on most of the living players, with the exception of Taure and the players I named as scum (Kalas/you/Riley/Fontisian). Waco is a light town-read still

3) I see logical posts from you but not solving the game posts from you. There is a difference. Ex: #570 - you flirt with the idea of town cobalt, don't really say anything definitive there, throw a vote on Waco without much reasoning (a single line and you say you will push his lynch for the day)

---------- Post automerged at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

The voting analysis I saw at least, was Fontisian moving off Nae'blis prematurely and onto you. For the time being you've posted in D2 (albeit lacklusterly), while Fontisian has yet to make an appearance

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Fontisian has made an appearance, Citrus.

13. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I'm disliking Typhon from re-reading yesterDay and now the start of D2. First, it feels like he was going out of his way to visibly not support the Nae'blis lynch, while simultaneously tacitly letting it happen, posts like

And his turn-around on Sesc is strange too. Here's Typhon's D2 vote post on Sesc:

However, that represents a big change from D1, especially when you consider that Typhon had already been considering the wagon in a town!Nae'blis world:

And even given those thoughts he had Sesc as a town-read:
    Vote: Typhon

14. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

If my post is "lackluster", then I please would like to know what Cobalt's post is, Citrus. And if you say anything that is a synonym of "good", I'm quitting this minute.

"fontisian and I are very likely unaligned". There is, of course, always the possibility that we both are town, no? And voting yesterday: she was flip-flopping around, whereas I was the one who made sure we had a lynch at all, when Riley went crazy. Waco, after all, couldn't even be bothered to switch his vote FROM THE RVS. (This should tell you enough about my reasons for Waco, but I can gladly detail it, if you want).

"I have townreads on most of the living players" So basically by process of elimination. Hmm. You know, it's exactly the opposite with me. I have (had) only sure Town reads two players, you and Jan. Kalas was kinda towny, but the rest was various degrees of neutral or less than that. I'd argue that's the better position. See my point about meta and expectations above.

"#570": Yes, because that's literally where I am at. Cobalt is 50/50. But that's not the same "neutral" as Taure, say (who slipped from that position, btw, for the horrible flip flop in that voting disaster yesterday), it's -- yes, I think he's scummy as hell. I'm at a point where I dislike basically all of Cobalt, down to the avatar. But I'm checking myself and see a lot of personal stuff that certainly will throw me off, which makes me unsure how much I can trust myself, and so all that's left is to say "I don't get Cobalt". Down the line, I'd probably rather lynch him than not, but right now, I don't know, and I have better targets.

And that Waco vote is the same vote from yesterday, so I didn't detail it further. My impression is in my read list Cobalt quoted, and one reason for that read on him I gave above. It's also a get-him-to-post-vote.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I had Cobalt as a relatively solid town-read from yesterday, especially in light of interactions with Snowvon (whom is town-firmed).

Hmm I didn't realize his RVS vote was the one he sat on all day. I do remember something convincing me he was town early on in his posts, I'll iso him in the next day or so then (may be a bit delayed, my laptop died yesterday and it's hard to iso on a phone).

I may have been a bit active in town-reading for PoE, but my usual strategy is to do rounds of PoE and slowly move players back from the solid town section if I feel the need. Right now that's where I'm sitting, pretty solidly town on Cobalt/Newcomb/Typhon and varying positions for everyone else (I'll note that I had both Jan and Snowvon in the town brackets yesterday too, which is making me feel confident that my reads are in fact pretty accurate rn. Also ftr if Nae'blis didn't literally go Leeroy Jenkins, he could've been cleared as town and we could have been in SUCH a good position yesterday ugh).

You disagree with my slight townread on Waco obviously, what about the other three then?

Why do you disagree on Newcomb/Typhon/Cobalt?

To be honest I'm nervous about Taure. I don't think he's town at all, but then after what just happened with Nae'blis I can't tell if he's a very similar player, because play-style they look very alike.

---------- Post automerged at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 PM ----------
    The Waco Kid

What about everyone else? Game-state right now? You literally just talked about Typhon and that's it.

---------- Post automerged at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 PM ----------

Don't be obtusive on my behalf, I'm not that special

---------- Post automerged 09-03-2015 at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-02-2015 at 11:59 PM ----------

Wait I just realized Fontisian did post

---------- Post automerged at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Ah I thought you were being super obtusive to me on purpose.

@Everyone
    Can everyone please give a read on Taure? It's actually relatively crucial this happens in the next 24 hours. I have something big for after everyone's (hopefully) given a read on Taure.
    Sesc
    Of my town-block of Newcomb/Tyrene/Cobalt that I mentioned. How many of those do you think are wrong? 0, 1, 2, 3? Give me as much as you can on that, please and thanks!

---------- Post automerged at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

I feel so lonely

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yeah, the voting analysis hasn't been posted yet. I'm aware it was a turnaround. Stand by what I said. Might get it up tonight, but it'll probably be tomorrow.

Kalas was a witch. Sesc is most likely a witch. That is where I'm at. Waco has no content, Riley has even less. Jan was a curious choice of NK. Cobalt is probably town but I'm less sold than others seem to be. fonti makes me nervous but I think she's probably town from the VCA (she led or was second on a lot of towny wagons, which isn't particularly characteristic of scum voting). Newcomb is town.

That's basically where I'm at.

---------- Post automerged at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Missed Taure. He's townyish? Idk, I find myself without a strong opinion on him. I've thought he seemed town with different values throughout, but I don't have anything hard that makes him town in my eyes.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Typhon

Why are you so sure Kalas was a witch? That's the easy road, to assume a better-case world

---------- Post automerged at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Also who's the third witch if it's Kalas/Sesc/?

Someone pleaseeee be my sounding board

18. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Oooh, that chainsaw from Waco. Going to bed now, but I see what you did thar. Calling it now, Kalas Sesc Waco.

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I don't think Sesc and Waco are aligned (not because of D2)

20. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Sorry Citrus, I have to call it a night. I'll be back when I can get on a computer and post my vote analysis from my QT.

As for Kalas, the VCA and the actual game both indicated witch, I have to assume that is the case until I see something that proves otherwise.