1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'm almost completely positive they used their death curse thing last night

---------- Post automerged at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

I didn't :\. I basically locked myself in when I scum-read you up til Sesc's reveal, and I figured it was way too hard a back-pedal to say I actually town-checked you all along. A check on Newcomb was the only thing I saw as arguable from the way I played early D2 and I believe he's town anyways.

To be honest I thought the approach of anti-alignment you/Sesc was a weak argument, in retrospect I should've run with it in the first place

---------- Post automerged at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

That said, I consider yesterday a win regardless, because that was mega fun.

Also thinking more over the night, I'm leaning mega-crazy-strong town on Newcomb and close to that on Taure, because of their reactions to the confusion/craziness

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I basically agree with that. Let's kill Typhon and Cobalt?

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I /think/ I'm at the point where Newcomb and Taure are straight-up-town, and Cobalt is town except in tinfoil worlds. Do you think it's ok for me to take the tinfoil hat off on Cobalt, Fontisian?

Because it's going to come up - if you want me to prove how I was covering for Sesc you can point out any of my posts yesterday and I'll show how I was doing so.

But the best reason is:

1) Scum!Citrus could've gotten Sesc lynched yesterday over himself. This is strictly better than using a kill on him AND dealing with fallout the next day for pushing his lynch

2) Scum!Citrus would never have cc'd without trying to also get him lynched. Like why the fuck would scum!Citrus do that ever. We're in the exact same world except I would've thrown all my hard-earned town points away, especially when I know I can guarantee no scum-checks on me from the priest since he only checked Fontisian (if a scum player is dead). And if no scum player is dead, we go into LYLO the next day meaning one extra soup once is the entire game

Please let's not waste more time today than we absolutely have to on me

---------- Post automerged at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Damn. You think it's not worth taking the tinfoil hat off then?

---------- Post automerged at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

I'm also ever so slightly shaky on Riley. For reasons. But if that bridge ever needs to be crossed, it'll likely be the last one.

4. fontisian

Let's see who Newcomb would want to lynch toDay first.

---------- Post automerged at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

I'm at a place where I basically never want to lynch Riley or you.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Brb iso'ing Typhon

---------- Post automerged at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

I notice I am confused

---------- Post automerged at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Wait. Wait no. I'm less confused.

---------- Post automerged at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Hey fontisian. If I really really thought that Riley was a witch, how hard should I try to convince/prove it?

6. fontisian

Really, really hard.

I'm concerned about Taure realizing Sesc was likely real based on checking me.

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Well fuck. Brb

8. fontisian

We should also read the beginning of Day 2 and see if anyone backed off of me due to that check.

9. Citrus

Citrus First Year

fontisian

I think it was >50% in favor of Sesc being priest over me the way D2 played out. Mainly because worlds in which:

"Town!Sesc fake-claims Priest then immediately attacks me. I claim Priest back"

Only make sense if Sesc was acolyte to my priest. Right?

---------- Post automerged at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Points to town Taure ftr

10. fontisian

Doesn't Sesc dying point to witches using the death curse, which means there was a witch between Kalas and Waco, which in turn reflects well on Riley?

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Their reactions to Sesc's claim

12. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

If you're absolutely positively sure that Citrus isn't completely wrecking us here - because whatever that was yesterday was absolutely aimed at you - then Newcomb wants to lynch Taure or Typhon.

Citrus, I can't believe I'm buying this, but I kinda am. Like, if you're doing this as scum based on the knowledge that we'll believe you'd never make this -EV move as scum...

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Except soup goes through angel protection, meaning if they're pretty positive sesc is priest they'd just soup him

---------- Post automerged at 11:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

Someone please tell me this is wrong

---------- Post automerged at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 PM ----------

Soup: At night, instead of making the group Night Kill, a Witch may instead choose to drink Soup. Doing so allows them to Match a player to an Innocent role one at a time until they are incorrect or choose to stop. Each correctly Matched player dies. They may do this once per Witch. Dead Witches cannot use Soup.

Guardian Angels: Dead players become Angels. Each Night, the Angels decide by plurality vote to Protect a player (tie = no protect). A Protected player can't die to regular kills that night (Vigilante Kill or Witch Night Kill). "No Protect" is a valid vote.

I interpreted this as angels can't protect from soup

14. fontisian

They can't, yeah. I don't see why you would make that play except to get townread and you were already being hard townread so ???

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

If it makes you feel better, the fact that your playstyle is pretty rigid mechanically and you feel worse about losing to a super shifty play than regularly losing makes you bleed town for your grudging responses

---------- Post automerged at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 PM ----------

They can't is answering my question. Are you positive, or should I wait for Eidolonic's response?

---------- Post automerged at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

They can't is answering my question ? *

fixed

16. fontisian

Yes. Angels can't block soup. Ever.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Fuck. I'm going to go crunch on my QT for a bit (Eidolonic just confirmed it, conveniently enough)

18. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Um. This could be a Thing. If Waco was a witch could he have used the death curse thing N2?

19. fontisian

He could have, yes.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Wait.

Why couldn't witches have used it N1, newcomb?

---------- Post automerged at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------
    fontisian

So Riley's town right? Would you be willing to bet the game we win with Cobalt and Typhon both dead in this case?