1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Oh, Citrus:

About the thing I was asking you if you got the same thing as me, try reading it with both potential answers in your mind.

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm trying hard to resist the temptation to think tinfoil-hat, worse-case-scenario style. Trying to be super-pragmatic about things.

Like, I keep thinking "What if Cobalt was scum?" just because it would be so bad for us if he was. But I'm trying to clamp down on that instinct, because I don't think it's useful here. Even if I believed Cobalt was scum, realistically I would never be able to persuade the town to lynch hum. And I don't even think he's scum - I merely fear he's scum. There's not actually any evidence for it other than paranoia. So I'm going to say no to lynching Cobalt.

Similarly, I'm leaning against any lynch of Riley. I feel like the level of paranoia to justify a Riley lynch is pretty high, because Riley scum works only in one very narrow scenario where one witch actually outed another witch to gain the town's trust. Sure, Kalas was already dead, but it was still vital info. It's possible, but it seems just so unlikely. So no to lynching Riley.

I've given my reason above for not lynching Citrus. Again, that analysis depends on avoiding basing decisions on the unlikely, paranoia fuelled risks, and rather focusing on what seems most likely.

Fontisian is confirmed town.

So my definite "no lynch" is fontisian, Citrus, Cobalt and Riley.

That leaves Newcomb vs Typhon. And me, obviously, but I'm clearly not going to vote for myself.

You guys seem increasingly convinced of Typhon's innocence. To be honest, I don't actually see whatever it is you're seeing in his posts, but I'm not going to ask you to explain it. I'm going to have to trust that you, as experienced players who I have decided to treat as town, have an insight I do not.

By process of elimination that leaves Newcomb.

3. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

My phone picked up a lot of profanity while I was playing, somehow...

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Yeeeeah, not lynching Newcomb.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I was falling asleep, and then I was suddenly struck by inspiration, I think so now

6. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Amusingly, I'm rather aware that exactly the same process of elimination would probably lead you guys to lynching me XD

7. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Issues with that are that I should definitely die before Newcomb because he's both town and the lump and I'm only one of those things, and that the question that you have to ask yourself is did Riley, you know, actually present any new info that we didn't already have?

This is the part where I wonder why Citrus feels so good about you, although I still think Riley is scummier.

8. Skeletaure

High Score:
    I was thinking about this. Of course there's a scenario where it works out that Riley is scum and it's actually quite a clever plan, but he still did give us info. I mean, someone else could have given us the same info, but the point is they didn't. It was Riley who spoke up first and though role claiming like that is risky, it's still--

Oh.

Huh.

Why isn't Riley dead?

I can't have been the only one expecting a ton of soup kills last night. Surely, at the very least, the witches could have got both Sesc AND Riley?

---------- Post automerged at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Though I guess if we're thinking both town Sesc and town Citrus, witches wouldn't want to risk soup as they can't know which one is the priest.

Never mind.

---------- Post automerged at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

I suppose that's another point in favour of town Citrus: the fact that soup wasn't used.

9. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Well, the soup thing is a thing too, but that's not what I'm saying (and frankly I could see a scenario where scum, even if they were positive about which role he was that could know that about Kalas, leave Riley alone in a big souping to get him lynched). What I'm saying is that I was saying what Riley claimed on well before Riley made his announcement. Can you not see a scenario where he saw the information as already out there and decided to grab town cred while he could?

10. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Well, on the one hand you've put forward a strong argument against Riley.

On the other hand, you probably shouldn't have. Could probably have got a lynch on Riley without my vote. Oh well.

11. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yes, well, I feel like this is the game regardless.

12. Skeletaure

High Score:
    So I'm now thinking lynch Riley and if we still don't win, lynch Typhon (on the basis that the Riley lynch would have been a mislynch and Typhon's pushing for it here becomes suspect).

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Nah, I'm thinking we should lynch you, Taure, if we don't win after Riley.

14. Skeletaure

High Score:
    That doesn't make much sense. In the vaguest possible terms:

Riley claimed info that he would have to be either scum, or one of two roles to have.

If we lynch him and don't win, he most likely wasn't scum. That means he was one of those two roles.

Two other players have now soft claimed those roles.

One of them is strong town, so probably isn't lying.

The other is Typhon.

Two roles with three claimants means one liar. If we eliminate Riley as the liar, surely it has to be Typhon.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I'll think about it later. Bedtime.

16. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Yeah, after 3AM here as well. Calling it.

---------- Post automerged at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------
    Riley

Don't know if you've seen any of this, but I don't want you to miss it. I'd really like a reaction from you before I vote.

17. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

The best part of this is I'm the actual priest and Typhon is a witch.

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I guess it's my turn to be dumb-founded at the game-thread.

19. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

That's right. I checked myself night 1.

Yeah, no, this is kind of pointless.

Citrus, explain the townread on Typhon to me.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Please tell me you're not joking.

And your N1/N2 checks in order if not.

---------- Post automerged at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

DAMN YOU FONTISIAN