1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

PROPHYLAXIS IS STILL AROUND?????

I AM SO EXCITED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post automerged at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Summary time, just for you in case you haven't even gotten your feet wet in this thread:

Day 1:
    I claimed Priest. Newcomb asked for lump. Irene/Typhon (Tyrene) attacked him for it. Lump votes coalesced on me and Newcomb, some moved to Snowvon, then it ended on Newcomb. Wagon meanwhile built up on Nae'Blis. Briefly moved to Sesc, then back to Nae'blis.

Nae'blis was Leeroy, he killed Snowvon. Snowvon was DoB, he killed Kalas.

Night 1: Jan died.

Day 2: Wagon built up on Sesc. He claimed Priest. I counter-claimed Priest and pushed to not lynch either of us. Your slot claimed concrete info that Kalas was a witch. We ended up lynching Waco. Sesc claimed a town-check on Fontisian.

Night 2: Sesc died.

Day 3: I retracted. Fontisian is confirmed town. Newcomb is a very strong town-read overall. Cobalt is a pretty strong town read, so is Taure but less so.

We're kinda down to you and Typhon, more or less.

That's a real fast summary, in case this is like the first time you opened the game-thread due to replacing in

2. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Thanks for the info.

I'm town and I see I'm under threat of lynch - would you guys just want a quick notesdump?

3. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Have you had a chance to read the gamethread?

4. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

I haven't been following the game but I can spare an hour to skim through if needed.

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Whatever you can do to convince us not to lynch you (short of claiming) would be ideal.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Sure go ahead and skim through.

Your slot has claimed concrete information that Kalas is scum. I think it's pro-town to go ahead and answer this question:

Do you have concrete information that Waco is scum?

Yes or no/no answer.

In the event of a yes, there's only 1 scum left if you're town so it's not a major hassle if your role is deduced.

In the event of a no/no answer, nothing really changes in terms of your role being deduced etc.

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Nope.

Reading through thread right now.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

His slot was claimed already, for the most part. We don't know if it's Oracle or Graverobber, only witches know whether or not GR went off Night 1.

Which means that they have more knowledge than we do in the matter, which I do not like.

Basically, if Graverobber did not go off, Riley/Proph's spot is uncounterclaimed Oracle, which means he very well could have been souped, except the kill on Sesc was necessary to clear up the double town Priest claims.

That's the only thing stopping me from dropping the hammer on that slot. If only one priest claimed, we should have lost both to soup.

9. fontisian

I still think Riley/Proph is town.

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Font if you think that slot is town then who left is a witch? You still in on Typhon?

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I still strongly strongly believe we should lynch Prophylaxis.

Also, I think if we do end up lynching the slot, we should have him claim.

If the Demon is alive, scum will know whether he is the Oracle or not based on them receiving feedback or not for his check. This lets them narrow it down from Oracle/Gravedigger anyways if he is one of those roles, and it forces him to take a stance which can eliminate worlds down the line if he is scum.

Pretty sure all that logic was right?

12. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Yeah, I agree with this. The last part, eh, doesn't it depend on when/if Graverobber went off? Like. There are a couple different things that could have happened depending on what Jan's role was, what Kalas's role was, etc.

I want to hear from Prophylaxis, like, where he's at in the game. I feel like we're going in circles a bit and a fresh take would be welcome, if he's town, and if he's scum, I want him on record Doing Things. I mean, if he's scum he's probably in anti-spew mode, but at least it's something out of that slot and not just a huge void.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Scum are told separately when Gravedigger goes off though right? So as long as the Demon is alive, scum know which night-phase the Oracle stopped submitting night actions. If we lynch the Oracle or the Oracle died last night (Sesc), they will know tomorrow that the Oracle was lynched. Since the slot claimed in the Oracle/Gravedigger bucket, if we lynch the slot and it's town the scum will know the role by tomorrow, whether it is Oracle OR Gravedigger. Hence, if we are planning on lynching the slot we should make it claim.

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I actually am kind of not comfortable with letting Citrus call the shots. I'm much more inclined to run with fontisian right now. I still don't see why a brilliant witch!Citrus wouldn't be able to pull this off and have us looking in the entire wrong direction for the rest of the game, for the win.

inb4 Citrus / Newcomb team, we get steamrolled.

I'm just super paranoid when I'm sick and sleep-deprived. You can probably ignore this.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Did you know that you miss 100% of shots Citrus doesn't take? True story

---------- Post automerged at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 AM ----------

Aaaaand thread's dead again

16. Newcomb

This game has slowed to a freaking crawl.

While we're waiting for Proph to catch up, let's play "here's how the game might have gone," and at the end, you guys tell me if it's an impossible world:

Riley has two partners in the Citrus/Cobalt/Waco/Taure/Tyhpon cluster.

D1 EoD sees 3 town roles vanish in a puff of smoke. They kill Jan for Reasons, and get the info that he's the Oracle. They also get no notification that the Graverobber went off.

The other two correctly identify Riley as a vulnerable slot, see Sesc getting pressured and realize that Riley's next on the block tomorrow, or today if Sesc has a role that can claim.

They preemptively have Riley come out with the info that Kalas was a hit. We start building worlds off this information. Riley's preemptive claim lets his slot coast, as it's a self-resolving problem as likely soup. Graverobber did not go off on Kalas, so is in no position to tell us that Riley's a lying liar who lies a lot.

Then the Priest claim craziness happens. fonti is townfirmed. Worlds start to shrink.

This is where I start to get fuzzy on how realistic it is - because, like, if Waco was a miss we're in LyLo, witches have Waco's role, and no one's even considering that there could be three alive, and we're about to get wrecked by, like, Riley/Cobalt/Tyhpon.

It then becomes super important to deduce if Waco was a hit or not. It also hinges on Graverobber not firing N1. If Graverobber did fire on Kalas, then this world is impossible because witches would have seen it and known fake!Oracle!Riley's world of "Kalas was a hit" would have been falsifiable.

Like -

If there's no possibility that there are 3 alive, then Riley/Proph is a pretty good hedge for the reasons I outlined a couple posts ago. If we know we're in a world of two or a world of one... er, actually Riley's still a good hedge because of the F3 thing.

Wow, I think all that entire thing did was make me convinced we have to lynch the Proph/Riley slot all over again.

Main thing I'm interested in - can anyone logically falsify a world of 3?

17. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, the reason why I don't think that scenario is realistic is that I'm fairly sure the graverobber did fire N1. It's very hard to explain a lot of posts without it.

---------- Post automerged at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

That said, to expand on the hypothetical, I'm fairly sure in that world Typhon has to be scum with Riley. So the scum team would be Riley/Typhon/???

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I concur with Riley's logic and think we should lynch the Proph/Riley slot. I also think, per my logic, that the slot should claim in that case.

Yet to see Prophylaxis's skim-through posts, so I guess we're still waiting on that.

---------- Post automerged at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

I think I know what you're talking about when you say that, but do you mind being more specific? (to the first part)

Do you think Riley/Typhon/Waco is a potential world? Or Kalas/Typhon/Waco? Or do you think Waco was town and it's a living player that fits that third scum-slot? Like Riley/Kalas/? etc.

19. Newcomb

Why Tyhpon? The way he reacted yesterday when the lynch almost shifted over to him? Or the way he was immediately willing to run with Kalas being a hit during the beginning of D2 even before Riley claimed mechanical knowledge?

20. fontisian

c)All of the above.