1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Random thoughts on the game:

1. Regular DLPers don't play well with mafiaDLPers. Myself, Sesc and Naeblis were all under major suspicion on D1. All of us turned out to be town. Similar but lesser point for Riley.

2. Fear of soup can be more harmful than actual soup. The town spread so much confusion around out of fear of getting souped that it became unreadable. I was the only one to point the finger at Newcomb, and that was because I was pointing the finger at everyone. In the end scum won without needing to use soup once because town was so confused.

3. People need to tone back the confidence in their choice of language. If you say you "know" something and I have a town read on you, I'm going to assume that you're claiming mechanical info and put your "knowledge" right at the base of my entire gameplay. And then it turns out you only suspected it. If you suspect something, say "suspect/think/believe". If you know something, say "know". I mean, fake certainty as part of a gambit, but not as routine.

4. Faaaaar too many gambits.

5. No one even considered the idea that Newcomb having lump meant the game would be shorter by a day if he was scum. We were all convinced that we had an extra day. In the end all of the worry about soup on the last night was pointless, because Newcomb could win with a single kill lol.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  2. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

3. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Since people are going to ask, copy/paste from deadchat:

Of course, in the end none of it mattered anyway. With Newcomb as scum and not needing to use soup, my gambit had no real impact either way.

4. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
  5. Skeletaure

High Score:
    6. If we had followed the "check Newcomb" plan N1 like we all agreed, we would have had two out of three scum dead by D2 end.

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'd to reiterate point 6. When we all agree to a plan, follow the fucking plan.

Taure, I think you assumed too much. In a game where roleclaiming has major consequences, people are either 1.Going to explicitly drop their information or 2.Avoid giving any role information at all. The things you thought were softs were, for the most part, simply the real thoughts of players reacting to the game as best they could. I would have also asked that you had a little faith in me regarding Citrus' alignment, as I was confirmed town and have a decent history of reading Citrus correctly.

Also, I love how Jan was shitting on my Day 2 reads and accusing me of mafia siding, when I had both remaining witches in my POE of four (Sesc, Waco, Typhon and Newcomb).

7. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Also, I would just like to point out the hilarity that the one time in the game I had protection was when I threw a pie at myself.

8. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Leeroy is the best role.

More thoughts when not on phone, but in short balls = dropped.

9. Nae

Nae The Violent

While I like Mafia format, I don't think I'll participate in a forum game again - it's too lengthy, involves a heavy time commitment and generally, the "analysis" is far more headache inducing than it is useful. ;_;

In that vein, I decided a shorter, more instantaneous game could be fun.

Presenting!

A Nae'blis Production

#WEREWOLF ON DLP IRC

I deployed werebot and we've been having lots of fun lynching people! There's witch, vigilante and seer roles available, and there have been plenty of feature requests by people as well. Would love to see more people joining in - Currently we average about 6 to 7 people per game, but greater numbers would mean more than 1 wolf!

** JOIN FOR GREAT GOOD!! **

:nyan::nyan:

10. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Play wasn't perfect by any means but a big congrats to Newcomb on a very good first scum game. And a small apology to everyone, this was the worst game I played in a long while. I don't really deserve the win haha

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

... Fuck
    :(

---------- Post automerged at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Don't mind me, I'm just crying in the corner

12. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Sigh. I was coming around pretty hard on the idea of Newcomb scum by the end, but goddamn that's irritating. Sorry Irene, I'll never doubt you again. :eek:

At least I was right about Kalas and Waco (albeit wrong about every other player except Naeblis and the last minute Taure quibbles at one point or another). Ahh well, it was fun. Ballsy play to Newcomb giving a +town plan as scum, even if we couldn't just follow the thing. Really well played all around.

I knew I was going to get souped. Question to Newcomb - would you have noticed if Cobalt and Citrus hadn't quoted where I softed it?

---------- Post automerged at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 AM ----------

Lol nevermind reading is hard. I thought it was saying that Citrus and I were souped, but I see now. That makes me feel a little better, in some twisted way :D

13. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Witches did not use soup a single time this game.

Admittedly a lot of that was because of death curse getting chained back to back (which will be changed in next version of TinyHunt).

14. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Nobody looked back on previous days (esp riley/prophylaxis lynch & claim) and used them to influence current decisions. That lack of any reflection or analysis of the gamestate (that wasn't automatically invalid because it started with an incorrect premise) hurt town a lot.

Riley was an awful lynch and lynching anyone for making a moronic decision with their role makes it doubly so (not to mention it being riley in the drivers seat). A scum fakeclaim is almost always passable or better on the 'is this a moronic decision' scale and proph knows it. So, whatever. He got lynched.

Then there was no later thinking on whether he was town or scum, or how that influences what you'd want to do in the game. It was just run down the bucket list of Probably Scum Players™ and hope to win.

Lynching Taure was bad too, since his play as potential last witch would have been between 'makes no sense' and 'actively throwing the game'.

Also +town plans do not necessarily come from town players. They're almost a free action for scum, since 1. it might not get used (alt: it might be ignored); 2. it pads their posts and 3. chances are very high that someone else will suggest a plan obvious as 'check the guy who has two public votes', so might as well beat them to the punch and get whatever credit there is to get.

Two out of 3 scum were dead by D2 end. (insert dank meme here)

---------- Post automerged at 02:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

Not having the Actual Scum Player on the list is pretty much the best way to commit to a loss days before it actually happens.

You're also giving scum no opportunity to make a mistake, since he already knows exactly what every other player wants to hear!

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm sad Irene tunneled onto Newcomb and nothing came of it.

My DOB targets were Waco and Kalas. <3

Citrus, y u let Newcomb coast.

16. Koalas

High Score:
    Don't lie Snow. You were considering Sesc.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah, but I never queued him.

18. Koalas

High Score:
    Thank your lucky stars for that haha

19. Skeletaure

High Score:
    Yeah, we might have lost otherwise.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I know I was a bad Lump candidate, but. At least I wasn't a Witch!