1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Bzzt. Von already got the drift of Nae'blis's first post being very similar to Seratin's.

Provided.

I'm fine with them.

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Perhaps you should discard your preconceived notions about there being a set of standard village behaviours and a set of standard witch behaviours.

This only exists when you have a group of players who all agree on certain norms of play-style. But of course these norms aren't part of the rules or intrinsic to the game.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

So Not Snowvon would do that as scum, as well as Not Snowvon. They're pretty cool, but also Not Snowvon, sadly.

Not really. She didn't question me in Narutomafia and then DIED for her mistake, and frankly I'm surprised she hasn't prodded at me yet, but I'm okay with her for the moment.

It probably isn't.

The honest answer is no.

I looked back and Hannibal mafia and yeah, I am significantly less enthusiastic in this game. I took Hannibal mafia less seriously and had more fun with it as a result. I'm trying to tone down the fluff here, which is honestly boring for me but I'm trying to be courteous.

Obviously we're going to disagree on reads, this is a new game with some different players, and we may not even be on the same team! Lots of factors to consider.

Real talk, I was only joking when I wrote 'please stop being a Witch'. I didn't seriously consider it until fontisian brought it up.

I think she's town, and she's probably better at reading you than I am, and yeah.

4. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Cobalt weirdly enough I am employed.

Like I said earlier Newcomb opened with his usual mechanics discussion. Irene dove in headfirst, read a lot that wasn't there and that kicked off the whole shebang. Irene's posts after that aren't terrible but they are filled with confirmation bias. She's going in thinking Newcomb is scum so she finds what he writes scummy. It's a level of confidence an experienced player could have but it still reads as too early to be that sure about something.
    Typhon what are YOUR thoughts on Newcomb?

I have no issues with how Newcomb handled Irene but some timing things were interesting.
    Newcomb what are your thoughts on Cobalt?

I like the Sesc/Cobalt interactions. I don't care for the Sesc/Irene. Will read more.

---------- Post automerged at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

And that was a lot of posts from when I started typing.

Depends on why you want to kill me.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

For the crime of witchcraft, my child.

6. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Cobalt, didn't see an answer for this, please do if you have a minute.

I don't like this post at all, especially since your not new, and I remember you playing a fairly good game in DLP Hunt. I saw someone do this recently as new!scum on here. Additionally, why add the paragraph about making sure we lynch someone? It's still early in D1, it's not like we're in danger of no lynching.

Also re: #96: Yes, to a point people are creating "characters," but the point is to figure out why instead of what, and consider which role/side makes more sense for the character to be adopted.

7. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Were you that unhappy about me asking for an opinion on fonti?

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

#67 + #72
    You could have just waited for the situation to resolve itself, or at least wait for genuine reactions, but you jumped in ahead of time.
    While you didnt defend Cobalt directly, you took away all the steam from the question asked to him.

And yes if someone jumps in like that i will question the motives, at least for a moment.

You are right about that. he went from hard scum to leaning scum. not sure why i remembered it wrong.

I played 2 forumgames with you. your towngame was everything but trolly.
    Your scumgame was trolly all over the place.

The only similarity in both games was that your reads were really off.
    Do I think that you are scummy for it?
    Unsure, what you did today is a good bit more towny you than what you did before, so that is a start.

Should i include our videomafia experience? Can do. You are capable of faking most plays, so am I. You are more prone to fakeclaim and protecting your team, compared to me.

You are more trolly when you are in a good mood, but hannibalmafia showed you can force some random trolliness out, if you believe it is in your best interest to win.

Cobalts reaction to me asking him where exactly his mistakes were comming from gave him some townpoints. (#138)
    It reads good and genuine - didnt refresh in time to read it when i made my post, otherwise i might have given him a bit more towncred.

And that is exactly what i wanted to get out of that interaction between Sesc and Cobalt, which you interrupted.
    There was no reason to dodge that shit and not just talk about it.

I could respond to the other nonsense you are throwing in my face, but it is solely based on your wrong believe that I am a witch, and with that completly useless for me to waste my time on it.

I am considering no lynching today, does that make me scummy?

Von I am doing it! I am writing stuff in my QT!
    No stories yet, because this game lacks material for a romantic comedy, but that might change later!

---------- Post automerged at 00:16 ---------- Previous post was at 00:05 ----------

I just realized that i felt you were not as active as i remember you normally Von, but we are actually tied as top posters at the moment. ;)

Perception is such a subjective thing.

9. fontisian

Emphasis, mine. You claim to think that my scum game is trolly while saying that I was forcing trolliness in my last scum game. These two viewpoints are fundamentally incompatible. You are a witch.

10. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Why do you find it so difficult to believe that two people can stage a clash in policy and end up with a pre-defined outcome of reading each other town?

Yes, but then it wasn't supposed to be liked, was it?

The Waco Kid: No, you indeed didn't pick Irene over me, you picked nothing at all and continued as if nothing was going on. That was where I asked 'why'.

And Newcomb skipped me again. Newcomb, your impression of me?

I'm starting to get mildly offended. And it doesn't get truer if you keep repeating it -- it was a legitimate question to ask, and more importantly, my question, so if you consider the value of a response as dubious, no one is forcing you to do anything with it.

It might do you good to consider some other angles, though -- right now, your World is quite narrow. It's Day 1, not the endgame.

11. fontisian

Sesc, asking someone why they forgot something (and implying it was for sinister reasons) when the answer is already readily apparent is so needlessly pointless it astonishes me that you wasted the words necessary to do it.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Riley - There is a difference between light activity and no activity. Any scum or town so far in the game?

Nae'blis - So you gave half a read and a vote.
    And then you defended it by saying you just didnt have anyone better. That was 7 hours ago.
    Did it change? Is there someone you would not want to vote on right now, and why?

The Waco Kid - I know your work schedule makes real time conversations harder, but i would really like to get some sort of early reads from you as well.

Kalas - Where do you stand on the Sesc/Fonti interaction?
    When you say you like the Sesc/Cobalt interaction, what does it mean?
    What kind of information did you get out of it that you liked so much?

Cobalt - i love you! Lazarus just saved me from rewriting/rereading!

I read in the qt afterwards that it was something you forced yourself into, because you assumed it to be the best play, while you are not back home.
    From the scum-qt last game :
    So no - from my experience so far trolliness is more likely to be some tool in your scum arsenal that you can use, if you need to.

The way you are desperatly trying to throw dirt on me, while amusing, gives me all kinds of Hannibalmafia flashbacks.

Are you able to evaluate a world where I am town? You sure as hell don't act that way and we are quite early on in the game.

13. Sesc

Then let's put it plainly: You do not get votes wrong. And if you do there's a reason -- anything from an Out-Of-Game distraction (can happen to anyone) to being not what you appear in game.

And if there's actually no reason, you're plain incompetent and should just stop playing Mafia. Alright?

As an aside, every question is useful, since the reactions matter, and you know that as well as I do.

14. Sesc

^ Re: fontisian, above.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I am a fickle creature.

To be completely honest, I didn't know it was a jokey way of asking me what I thought of fontisian. It just looked straight up like a joke post. Sorry about that.

There's plenty of material if you squint!

Oh, you. <3

---------- Post automerged at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:50 ----------

And with this post, I am officially the top poster!

---------- Post automerged at 18:52 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

Oh, I guess not, because automerge.

Damn.

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Well you know being the topposter is something that can change rather quick!

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Do me a favor and go hang out in Covenchat for a bit while I take your top poster spot.

18. fontisian

See, you phrased this like an explanation, when is actually just emphasized my point that your post was internally inconsistent. Either you think that I am naturally trolly as scum (as you claimed) or you think I faked it (as you also claimed).

It was vote order, not votes, and people were explicitly saying that Citrus voted afterwards. Mistakes happen. They are not scumtells.

I don't even think a reaction test of Cobalt was warranted, because he's independently towny, and frankly, your poke seemed more like doubtcasting than an actual test.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Unvote
    Vote Nae'blis

20. fontisian

Unvote
    Vote Nae'blis

You've seen the reasoning.